“Norwood House, Beverley disgusting service? NEVER”

Norwood House Restaurant & Tea Rooms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A friend has just told me about a review on trip advisor regarding a venue which i visit and rave about often. At this point I would like to say I don't visit these type of sites, however on this occasion I must respond to the review sent in from a vicky w.

My Nan and I visited Norwood House when it first opened, the service was outstanding and the food was just as good. Since then I have visit at least twice a week. (my Nan is never out of the place, it has become 'the' place for her to meet up with her friends).

I've have visited at all times of the day with family, friends, I have even held a business meeting there. On all occasions, I have never experienced poor customer service.

Anyone reading the review from vicky w should not take in to account her opinion, try is yourself I am certain your view will not reflect hers. You will LOVE IT, we do and we will be going back again and again. Sorry your going to miss out vw.

5  Thank MAY D

Reviewed March 8, 2013

5*EXCELLENT,staff were very polite,food is so tastey,i would reccomend norwood house to anyone who wants to enjoy fine food in beautiful settings.
ive never had any problems regarding bookings at all,the staff do not make up lies!

2  Thank jimmymac01
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Unfortunately I've not been able to visit this restaurant as the booking i made was initially overlooked. When i called to query the booking, i was told that i had not confirmed my booking over email and so there was no table for me. After trying to reason with the staff to assure them i had replied, it was inferred that i was lying. The attitude of the staff member was terrible and rude!!

10 minutes later the same staff member called me back to tell me that i had in fact been correct and i had confirmed the booking but they had overlooked it "because i had replied with a 'different email address'". This is not even an excuse as i had replied to the original email using the same email address. At this point they did offer to "fit me in" but after this initial experience to be honest i no longer wanted to go there and give them the opportunity to continue their terrible customer service.

Disappointed and disgusted with the attitude of the staff at being made out to be a liar twice. I would never ever give my money to this establishment willingly. I have never been treated by a customer facing organization in this way before, and hopefully won't/shouldn't ever be again.

This booking was for mothers day, and they have ruined it for my family.

Please refrain from going here as their food might be ok, but their customer service skills are terrible.

6  Thank vicky w
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We loved the refurbishment of this historic building - the de-core is amazing and we felt very special enjoying our experience here. This place was busy but I enjoyed seeing others while we waited. I enjoy people watching and the other patrons were nice people. It did take a while for our scone, finger sandwiches and cakes to arrive but the tea was brought first. I had slowly drunk the tea however before the food arrived. I asked for a top up as I prefer to have tea after food really. The waitress filled the tea pot with water and refreshed the milk but if we had wanted a fresh brew that would have incurred an extra charge. The tea was good, a special brew, and the tea pot was good with lovely china. The food was very nice - tasted good but very small amounts. We shared a scone and the cakes were 4 samples about 1" square. It cost £12.50 in total and we shared a jug of water which was free. It was worth it to sit in this elegant building but the food was not good value and the service was not efficient but was very polite and friendly.

2  Thank sabHull_UK
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Norwood House Restaurant on Sunday for lunch with my family. We were greeted at the door and our coats were taken from us. We were seated on the relaxation couch first and offered the food and drinks lists. When we were seated it was in a beautifully decorated dining room with gorgeous features. The service as impeccably and the food was too. I ordered beef which was delicious, the gravy was to die for. I also had a nutty tart for desert and this too was food from heaven. I would highly recommend this resaturant whether its for a cup of tea in the afternoon or a special occasion - 5 stars all round.

4  Thank adnamamonkey