“Finally! Decent veggie venue!”
Review of Sugar and Spice

Sugar and Spice
Ranked #28 of 148 Restaurants in Beverley
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Beverley's vegetarian cafe and home of the Beverley Bun! We are a very dog friendly cafe (dogs welcomed with a biscuit and bowl of water) with a fab, ever-changing range of cakes including a wide of vegan and a wide choice of gluten free cakes, all homemade, all utterly delicious! We have a range of lunch snacks, soups and hot meals every day, all made in house.
York
“Finally! Decent veggie venue!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Tucked away on Lairgate, this used to be the Coffee Mill, so I was delighted to see someone new take on the might of the Coffee chains in our little town. I was even more delighted to discover that they do veggie grub. My partner is a veggie and I sort of am (!) and we struggle to find somewhere that does good, homely vegetarian food at a reasonable price. We had the chilli and it was just what was needed on a cold day. Warming and filling and didn't break the bank. I was only sad that I was too full to indulge in a slab of cake which looked *a m a z i n g* but there's always another day...
Quite roomy, and close to a car park if you don't want to walk far. There is a small step up so not suitable for wheelchair users in that respect, but the staff are friendly and welcoming. I hope it thrives in a town that has been overrun with chains.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MissCostelloTravels

Driffield, United Kingdom
“Cake to die for”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The best freshly baked cakes in the area. We've not had a meal but would recommend trying any of the cakes. They are all top notch. Friendly service, great food and wonderful coffee.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Geoffmount
Hornsea, United Kingdom
“wonderful vegetarian cafe in Beverley”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Perfect. At last - a good vegetarian cafe in Beverley. We sampled chocolate chip scones and banana cake with peanut butter frosting which were just the best ever. But they're not resting on their (deserved) laurels - oh no - they have plans to introduce a new cake every week! I just have to think up some excuses to visit the town more often . . .

Visited March 2013
1 Thank L T
Dunoon, United Kingdom
“Coeliac delight!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Really lovely, unpretentious wee café on Lairgate, Beverley. My partner - who is a veggie coeliac - and I stopped by on recommendations from Trip Adviser, and I'm glad we did. We liked our first visit enough to come again a few days later, and the second trip was even better than the first. We had the daily hot special on both occasions. The first time it was shepherd's pie, the second time a Mexican Bean Chilli. There are no bells and whistles here. The food is simple, home made, and packed with fresh veggies ... and, I'm pretty certain, not a commercial sauce in sight. Good homely stuff. But the two things that really sell this place are 1) the cakes: a great selection of old favourites and new twists (chocolate and lime polenta cake being one of the favourites), with more than one gluten free option (hurrah!); and 2) the friendliness of the owners. It's surprising how often people find it hard to smile ... but there was no shortage here. I would highly recommend this café to anyone - but especially to coeliacs! It's a really relaxed, happy place - perfect for a chilled out break from shopping.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Isra L
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Veggie Heaven”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Situated just off the Main Street this vegetarian gem is well worth visiting - even if you are a carnivore.

The stilton and walnut panini was amazing and so different to the boring cheese and tomatoe I usually have to settle for and as for the home made cakes ........ Piggy heaven!

Diners are used to gather feedback on new recipes and we were fortunate enough to be able to try the Baileys fudge for which we gave the thumbs up.

If visiting Beverley, I would recommend you add this venue to your "places to visit list".

• Visited December 2012