“Lovely fresh food - cakes out of this world” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lempicka Cafe
Ranked #17 of 144 Restaurants in Beverley
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cosy Licensed Cafe in Beverley offering exciting and delicious food made from scratch everyday. The cakes are made on site and will test resistance to the limit – in fact, resistance is futile! The coffee is sourced from a local, independent roaster and the blend is designed with our most discerning customers in mind. With a fabulous team of friendly staff, our priority is our customers’ enjoyment.
Hull, UK
“Lovely fresh food - cakes out of this world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Only discovered this cafe recently, but have been back twice in quick succession. The paninis etc. are a little more expensive than in some places, but they come with crisps and a very nice side salad. The house pitta with roasted vegetables is lovely. The cakes are absolutely delicious. All the food is clearly very fresh, homemade and worth the little extra. Very good staff as well, although there is not table service for ordering.

• Visited March 2013

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been a regular customer at Lempicka since I started working over the road about a year ago. I originally tried their chocolate Ice cream which is absolutely delicious, As the weather turned colder I found myself eating their absolutely fantastic Chocolate Cake washing it down with one of their hot chocolates (Can you tell that I like chocolate)

The management and staff at Lempicka have always been wonderful making every visit feel personally tailored for me. I am quite a picky eater but the staff bend over backwards and will make honest and thought out suggestions to suit my taste (which they seem to have taken the time to learn!)

A Visit to Lempicka is a regular highlight to my work.

• Visited March 2013
Beverley
“Delicious hot chocolate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Lempicka this afternoon not for the first time. Very friendly atmosphere, had a fabulous hot chocolate flavoured with orange and cardamon and topped with cream. - and served with a chocolate. Seating is a little uncomfortable and cramped but I always enjoy my visits.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Sue Y
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Not what is was!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have previously eaten at this establishment and have been very impressed with both the service and quality of the food. The menu was something a little different which was not replicated elsewhere in Beverley. The menu contained dishes such as fish cakes and the house salad which was something to behold and represented good value for money. Having now visited a couple of times recently something has changed. I wonder if the ownership has changed as the service has gone downhill. At my last visit I was very disappointed as the menu appears to be under review and very little was available. When I questioned why it was being changed the response was not enough on it could be frozen! I was also told if I wanted the fish cakes then I would have to ring ahead the day before and they would accommodate my request! One of the real advantages of the place is that it provided quality food which was a little special. I fear on my recent experience the place is going downhill, the food becoming something which can be provided out of the freezer and the service not what it was. This is a real shame and I am sure will cost customers in the long run.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank RRM058
Claire S, Owner at Lempicka Cafe, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am sorry that the fishcakes were not available for you yesterday. At the time of your order, I explained that we have had to temporarily remove them from the menu as we were wasting most of them due to lack of demand. As I'm sure you appreciate, it is not possible to continue producing items when they are continually being put in the bin. My comment regarding freezing them was that it was not even possible to do this to ensure we have them in stock as they are made freshly. We are committed to continue to provide products made freshly on the premises rather than buying in products that are manufactured or frozen. I apologise if this comment was misunderstood. You are right in beieiving that the menu is under review but this is to introduce a larger selection of products that use produce made on site such as breads and freshly cut sandwiches. However, during this process the only items not available are the lamb sandwich and the fishcakes, and the fishcakes are for the reason of demand during the winter months only. I did indeed suggest that you contact us if you would like the fishcakes in the near future but this was to ensure that you received a personal service and to highlight that we were more than happy to produce them just for you at any time. Again I apologise if you saw this as poor service but I was actually trying to improve your service in the quieter months when, as a business, we cannot afford significant wastage but would still like to ensure that our customers can enjoy the full menu. I am very sorry if I was not clear in my explanation and particularly that we were unable to provide you with the dish of your choice on this occasion.
“Very poor service for cold drinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Came in at 2pm and ordered two cold drinks and two snacks. After waiting 15 mins, the food arrivedbut not the drinks. After asking twice they were finally brought to the table, after being told 'sorry there's been a rush'. Not sure how hot food can be made faster than a lemonade being brought to a table. Seemed that orders at tables around us weren't getting their orders promptly either. Service is seriously letting down what would otherwise be a positive review. Hire more staff! Train them better

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BriannTam
Claire S, Owner at Lempicka Cafe, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I would like to apologise for your poor experience of Lempicka Cafe a couple of weeks ago. I admit that we were significantly challenged on the day in question. I had staffed the day for a cold, February Saturday, on which we usually only have people seated at the inside tables. However, on the day in question it was unexpectedly warm and we had many people sat outside, doubling our turnover of customers in comparison to what we expected. However, this does not excuse the wait you had for cold drinks. As a result of your review, I have changed our procedures at Lempicka Cafe. Historically, we had always served all beverages in order whether they are hot or cold. However, we have now changed this and staff have been trained to preview all orders and ensure that cold drinks are served as soon as possible. We will make this clear to customers on the new menus when they are published. In addition, staff have been reminded that all concerns raised by customers should be brought to the attention of the senior member of staff on duty so that they can be managed appropriately rather than comments such as "there's a rush on" being made, which are not helpful to anyone. I know that this does not help your exeperience now but I do take service seriously and appreciate your comments as they have enabled me to implement change that hopefully will improve service to everyone.