“Just what I had hoped for.”
Review of Farthing's Steak Emporium - CLOSED

Farthing's Steak Emporium
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A modern take on the steakhouse, Farthing's is a new, stylish restaurant set inside a listed Georgian building in Beverley's busy shopping quarter. We strive to provide consistent, fresh quality produce at reasonable prices.
“Just what I had hoped for.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

A good menu with reasonable choice, good advice and service and, most importantly, very well cooked food. The wings starters were great and the spicy sauce steak topping was just great.
Overall a great balance of quality and value.

York, United Kingdom
“You would expect good steak from a steak emporium...........”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table here as a group of four on a busy Saturday night. We waited at the door for ten minutes to be seated, the restaurant was very busy and the staff looked rushed off their feet.

After a long wait we had our drinks order taken by a very pleasant waitress. Again a long wait for our orders to be taken. Not surprising a long wait for our starters and for the mains. It was 10.30 by the time we were offered dessert.

Starters were average, not impressed by the shop bought tasteless bread.

We all had steaks for mains, my medium rare fillet was cooked more than my partners medium well steak (which looked rare to me). One of our party ordered fillet medium well and got sirloin, again more undercooked than he would have liked. No one came back to ask us if everything was alright, and it was not easy to get someone's attention. We gave up and ate anyway, as by this point we had been in there 1 hour and a half.

When we asked for the bill no one still asked us if we enjoyed our meals. We paid the bill and left vowing never to return. I cook better steak than that at home.

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Well worth the wait...”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

When Farthings opened I made a mental note to go and have only just got round to it. What a spectacular experience! The food was perfect although my partner's fillet had to go back as the medium was a little too medium rare for her taste but other than that I can find no faults at all.

Solihull, United Kingdom
“outstanding”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

on a overnight stay in beautifull beverley i was looking for the impossible,a nice meal in a place where i would feel ok on my own.there are many choices but some seemed stuffy and i did not fancy the norm.then i cracked it ,great ambiance with a quirky mix of old and new.i was greeted warmley and shown to a nice area so i could read my paper,nice touch,then presented with a great menu not to big but with some great options.plenty if you dont fancy a steak.i started with wings,these were special,my steak was perfection and the hand cut chips to die for.the diane sauce was also fab.service was just right so i left wanting to take this special place home with me.in fact a new steak house has just opened were i live in solihull,i suggest they pop up to beverly to see how its done.

• Visited January 2013
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Farthings, more than just a Steak House”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Having visited Farthings on a number of occasions, we have to say it is quite possibly the best Steak House we have visited in the UK.
The menu is extensive, whilst not over complicated, there are plenty of options if you aren't a steak lover. As far as we are concerned all dishes represent excellent value for money, as portion sizes are plentiful. There is a good selection of wines to choose from to compliment all of the dishes on the menu.
Being steak lovers we are never disappointed with way our steaks are cooked as they are consistently cooked to perfection time after time. We find the staff are friendly and attentive with a good knowledge of the menu and wines.
Having just been to a taster night for the launch of their new menu, and had an amazing night with friends, cocktails and live music, oh and some food! We will definitely be back again soon.

• Visited January 2013