“Good food let down”

Ogino Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Beverley
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The food we serve at Ogino is authentic modern Japanese cuisine. The menu, conceived by proprietor and chef Rieko Ogino, is diverse and imaginative. She prides herself on delivering a full food experience that's not only creative, but also delivers an array of complex and exquisite flavours. Her concept of modern Japanese cooking using local Yorkshire produce has proved to be a real winning formula. The menu naturally consists of beautiful sushi, but also extensively embraces fresh cooked fish and shellfish, meat including beef and pork, poultry such as chicken and duck. There are many healthy options, special dishes and a wide selection of vegetarian and Gluten free dishes available. Just remember, It's not all about sushi and raw fish you know!
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Was introduced to this restaurant by friends. Walking in all looked promising getting any attention was impossible considering there were four tables occupied in the whole place this is inexcusable this was to carry on for the rest
of the evening! The decor was pleasant the food good the bill extortionate! The service non existent a shame for what could be a very good restaurant if you have hours to spare would say try

1  Thank Treasurehunter62

Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we did indeed feel very welcome.
We made a last minute decision to do something completely different for our anniversary and headed for this Japanese restaurant. We were not disappointed.
The welcome was warm; the atmosphere was incredibly calming; the food was delicious and the open kitchen the epitome of order. Suffice to say, we will be returning

1  Thank Potpourri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went for a meal at Ogino with my boyfriend after thinking about it for weeks. As soon as we sat down it was like being in a spa - totally calming and relaxing. The waiter was really friendly without being overbearing. He apologised that we'd have to wait a little longer for our particular order but we only had to wait 15 minutes which is much quicker than I expected! Yes it was more expensive than a pub meal but it was a quality meal with fresh, delicious ingredients and the experience was well worth the money. Perfect for a special meal with a loved one!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went on a Travel Zoo offer, great value for money on Travel Zoo offer. The atmosphere and decor was exceellent, the food was excellent and service was excellent. The gentleman who served us was very helpful explaining the menu and making recommendations. Highly recommend getting the offer on Travel Zoo if it comes up, I have just bought another one and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Was in Beverley for a week long course and spotted this hidden little gem when arriving on the Sunday night and strolling through town to see what was on offer. I returned midweek and as a solo diner, I arrived 10 mins after opening time and was pleasantly surprised how quickly my food was served! (No waiting for the kitchen to get in order). I explained this was my first time at trying Japanese cuisine and Julian was excellent as a host explaining anything and everything I asked. The food was delightful and I would recommend the sake taster!!!! Mmmmmm!!!! I am returning to Beverley in the next couple of months and Ogino's will definitely be a place I will be eating again!!!