“Great B&B in Beverley!”
Review of Hunter's Hall

Hunter's Hall
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beverley
Hunter's Hall
Ranked #7 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 23, 2012

An excellent B&B in Beverley, easy (no hills) 10 minute walk to town, and the Minster.
On driveway parking for 2 cars.
3 Bedrooms, I had the downstairs room, which also had disabled access, wet room etc. and its own private lounge area. Friends also stayed in the other 2 rooms on the same night.
Very quiet due to it's location, not on a main road, combined with very comfortable beds, all helped us have an excellent night's sleep. I particularly liked the remote control blind on the window above the bed, great for watching the stars!
Breakfast was excellent too!
Thanks, and we look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: If you need space, your own lounge/sitting room, choose the ground floor room, which is also suitabl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Thank you for changing our impression of Beverley. Truly a beautiful place quiet calm relaxing and worth it. The breakfast was delicious well cooked done with lots of care and given the proper attention. The Owner was truly marvelous she always greeted us with a smile and was very willing to answer any questions we had. The place was clean neat and well kept. The sorroundings are ideal if you want to spend a quiet and peaceful vacation without the city noise. Thank You once again for great customer service and leaving us with a good impression of Beverley. We will return for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valery506
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the garden suite of this lovely new B&B while visiting family in Beverley. The suite has a lounge, bedroom and spacious bathroom. Falling into the incredibly comfortable bed after an 8 hour flight and long drive from London was just heaven (really, those beds are amaaaazing). The suite was well-appointed with all the necessities plus local artwork and interesting furniture to give it a more cosy, less hotel-y feel.

We were fortunate to bring the good weather with us and had a wonderful breakfast in the lovely garden (although the dining room looked very inviting too). Nothing was too much trouble for Gillian and everything was cooked perfectly.

Neil gave us the full tour and the upstairs rooms are finished to the same standard and would make for great family accommodation.

Easily the best English B&B I've stayed in, by a very long shot.

Kate and Mike
Sydney, Australia

Room Tip: Garden suite great for couples and it would be good for those with mobility issues.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Have just read a review by ValYeovil and I find it impossible to reconcile her views with my own experiences of having stayed at Hunter's Hall on a weekly basis for the past two months (I travel to Beverley on business). I agree with excellent marks given for the room, service and accommodation but her comments regarding breakfast is 180 degrees opposite to what I get.

I have never had anything overcooked, always done to taste. Best of all is the locally produced sausages. Admittedly they appear thinner than usual but then they don't contain the rubbish you find in normal sausages, it only has pork inside, no bread, extra fat, sugar and god knows what else. They also have an interesting spicyness to them which is different to the run-of-the-mill sausage you might be served elsewhere. The sausages might not be to everyone's taste but then I am always game to try something new.

I cannot recommend the stay more highly, if only all B&B's were run the same way!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This B&B looked good, it's a relatively new establishment, the ensuite was good, bed very comfortable, bathroom (shower) lovely and well decorated.but....breakfast was the worst we have ever had. bacon hard and overcooked, tomatoes fried and overcooked(black on top) sausage long and thin and hard to cut,tasted awful,spicy and a taste of vinegar, (what happened to the english pork banger?) scrambled egg was soft lumps in liquid it looked disgusting and tasted awful,the presentation was just a mess.never again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ValYeovil
Neil P, Manager at Hunter's Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Very sorry that the reviewer did not enjoy her breakfast as much as all our other reviewers have (five dots). If she had said anything at the time we would have happily cooked another to her precise specifications.
Incidentally, the sausages ARE 100% pork, as also supplied to the 5-star establishment up the road.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

A very relaxed stay. The garden suite was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. I had a lounge, bedroom and a bathroom.Even though I was travelling alone, I had a double bed. The sheets and towels were soft and smelt sweet and inviting. The shower was excellent. The breakfast was hot, well cooked and plentiful, accompanied by Sunday papers. Most importantly, Gillian made me feel at home. She is the perfect host who knows how to make her guests happy. Don't hesistate, book now, you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Gillian could not have been more welcoming, kind and helpful. The room was lovely, I can recommend the Garden Suite. Everything was spotlessly clean, a very comfortable bed and a lovely lounge area. Breakfast was perfect, couldn't ask for more ! A home form home !

Room Tip: I stayed int eh Garden Suite which was lovely, has a separate bedroom and lounge area. This was Gill...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business