“Nice Food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

A while back when we visited here. My partner is Gluten free, so nice to see options for that! It was a quiet night so lacking in atmosphere a bit, but would go again!

There are newer reviews for Ranch Bistro

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went recently for a meal as hadn't been before but don't think I'll be going again!! The food wasn't horrible but just ok, felt the place lacked atmosphere and the wait staff were just hanging around, yes it was fairly quiet but we felt we were being watched while we ate and then pounced on when we finished. Also pretty expensive for a burger which was just average, the soup for starter was nice though. All in all not that great!!

1  Thank juliestrip
Reviewed January 15, 2013

came here on two occasions in two months with friends and very much enjoyed my meal, however one of the waitresses was very rude both times to me and my group, her service is the only thing to put me off going again

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to the Ranch Restaurant last night.We were taken upstairs to a table near the window that looked out onto Wednesday market.It was a lovely spot.The staff were very attentive indeed and couldnt do enough for us.Our waitress was lovely and happy and very efficient.The food was good and prices what you would expect from a lovely place like that.Not too expensive though.If we have any complaints,it would be that with the exception of a portion of chips.It was not possible to order a portion of veg.My husband wanted vegetables with his "sizzler",and was told they dont do them.However,I had lovely vegetables with my meal,which was Lamb shank.
We hadnt realised we were the only people left and that the staff were waiting to close.They were very discreet.Will definately be going back.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We telephoned and asked for a table for 2, perhaps in a quiet corner away from larger groups. (Bit of romance with the Mrs) So where do we get seated? At the top of the stairs in front of the bar where the waiting staff stand and everyone walks past staring at you. Not a great start and a tip from me is remember to ask not to have this table as it ruins your evening. On to the food. We both had a pizza, mine was ok, the wife's was a bit too well done and she left a lot of the base and crust. The chips were, as stated before, frozen fast food type. We quickly paid up and left. Its a shame our first visit ended like this as, after reading the reviews, we were looking forward to it. 2 beers, 2 pizza's 1 chips, onion rings and £30 lighter.

1  Thank Gary H