Newbegin House
  • Restaurant
$152
Lazaat(Cottingham)(Great Value!)
$43
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$61
PremierInn.com
$60
$62
$80
$77
Priceline
$135
All reviewsdrawing roomold houseappleton roomdecanter of sherryrocking horsebeautiful housewalled gardenyorkshire breakfastroll top bathoff street parkingcharming hostsfresh milkthe ownerfruit saladlocal producewarm welcomecomfortable beds
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed for one night when working up in Beverley and it was ideal. The room was very warm and cosy on a freezing March evening, it was a good size with a desk, amazingly comfy bed, super powerful shower and quick wi-fi. Learning about the history of the house from Walter, and what he's done to restore it, was really interesting and he was full of useful advice. Top notch breakfast too. Definitely be back next time I'm working in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank experience_things
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We really enjoyed our overnight at Newbegin House, a lovely family home. Our room was comfortable and quite large, although not as large as the family room at the front of the house, which looked fabulous. We were welcomed by Walter Sweeney, the owner, with tea and cake and I think it was also Walter who cooked us breakfast (also delicious). He was the perfect host!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam H
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the family room, very kindly paid for by her mother as a birthday present. The house is loverly, has grand but still cosy feel our room was huge, great bed and linen a recently refurbished bathroom; the room had a quirky feel (in a good way), a big tv and a fridge with cold drinks which was a nice extra to tea and coffee. The house is in a great location in the heart of Beverley but on a side street so very quite, you can also park at the house which is a bonus.

My girlfriend and I are true foodies my girlfriend runs a food blog cooking and reviewing restaurants, our visit to Beverley was to visit Dine on the Rowe. For me the breakfast is very important and I wasn't disappointed! The cooked breakfast was brilliant in fact the best cooked breakfast I've had in a B&B, all local produce and perfectly cooked, there was also fresh fruit salad and fleshy squeezed juice, oh and loverly coffee.

Walter is a true british gentleman carried our luggage and can answer any questions a really friendly chap, I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chriskemm
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Very relaxing especially being able to have breakfast whenever not the regimented before 9am that you often get in a B&B. Very hospitable host, extremely large rooms which were nice and warm. The shower is great though not for the fainthearted!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J G
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Walter gave us a very warm welcome and is extremely knowledgeable about the local area. The room we stayed in was lovely and very cosy. The shower was large and strong and some really nice toiletries were provided. The guest house is located really close to the market area of the town which is really great! Would recommend!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple