“"Blow the Budget"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dine on the Rowe - CLOSED

Dine on the Rowe
Cuisines: British, International, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We a small family run neighbourhood restaurant, that sources ethically and with full traceability. Based in a 400 year old Grade II listed building that has an amazing history. We have an intimate candlelit environment, and our aim to create and unhurried experienced. Dishes are presented with care and attention and flavours are designed to be robust.We appreciate and hope to learn from all feedback.
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“"Blow the Budget"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

On my way to Tescos, I passed this restaurant on a bitterly cold day and decided instead to blow the shopping budget on a Sunday lunch . I was shown to my table, helpfully next to the heater. I ordered fishcakes, neslting on an exclamation mark of curry mayo, which went together wonderfully.
They were gorgeous!!!!

The mains came next, on a wooden platter, more than enough for one.
The broccali was naked,( I asked for broccali without the cheese) which was cooked for me, the lamb was a bit too red for me, I like meat well done, no mint sauce either to keep the lamb company,but otherwise, absolutely superb.......... No quibbles about only having a hot coffee nor about not eating thirds.( I really couldn't have eaten a pudding, but the slutty brownie sounded interesting!!!!!!!)
can' t afford to do this every day, in fact this was my first eating experince here, so when I get a job, I can do this every week!

Visited March 2013
dineontheRoweOwner, Owner at Dine on the Rowe, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Barbara

Thank you very much for visiting us on Sunday and writing your lovely review.

We will hopefully see you soon and if you would like your meat more well done then please just ask as we can always do it this way as Sunday Lunch mini joints are always cooked to order. We also have lashing of mint sauce and other condiments available.

Kindest regards

DOTR Team

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Brownie Hell!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited for a coffee and a brownie as they have a large banner/sign in the window which reads brownie Heaven. We where presented with a Brownie menu which was impressive. But then the Original Brownie arrived and I am afraid it was terrible. Now a brownie is meant to be slightly crisp on the outside with a soft chewy centre. This one was far far far too dense, not at all crisp on the outside and their was not one sign of softness in the centre. Such a shame! What a waste. The decor inside is OK but the room on the right seemed to smell a bit. We didn't eat in there but had a look inasmuch we walked out. I do not recommend the brownie but the coffee was good

2 Thank birdy2235
dineontheRoweOwner, Owner at Dine on the Rowe, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for visiting us during the day for a coffee and a brownie. I appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the Brownie.

We do have a big banner in the restaurant stating Brownie Heaven as it is another company we run from dine on the Rowe, as a gift service nationally. We make over 1000 brownies each week for delivery in gift boxes that are ordered online. In the 10 years we have been making Brownies this is the first time that have received negative feedback about the brownies. In fact the reason we moved to Beverley is at the second food festival we sold brownies taking 1500 and sold out by 1pm, just from giving samples.

There are three different types of Brownie a Cakey Brownie - like a sponge, a Chewy Brownie like the one you describe, and a Fudgey Brownie - which is dense in the middle and can become gooey the warmer it gets, these are made with a much larger chocolate percentage. We make a Chewy and a Fudgey brownie the latter is what we normally serve and the vast majority of feedback is amazing, we have customers who order from the USA, and all over Europe and even had a tribute video made by a Personal Trainer Customer who loves them so much, they've appeared at Weddings, large Blue Chip Companies regularly send them and also some celebrity purchase.

The feedback from a recent wedding :

Brownie Mounts on each table for our wedding reception seemed like a great idea. Even though we'd ordered them, we hadn't stopped to think about how good they would taste. MY WORD!

Without fail, whenever we were given a compliment on the food, everyone wanted to know where we got our hands on the brownies :o)

Top job from start to finish. Will not only recommend, but order more myself as soon as I can find a reasonable excuse x x

Thank you (Go Team Brownie Heaven!)

Emma - Yorkshire - August 2012

Taste is always subjective and everyone has a different opinion, as I said I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, had you have said at the time we would have offered some different of the Chewy Brownies. With regard the Smell in the room to the right? I cannot understand what the problem is as? We have many customers who specifically ask for that room, and it was only redecorated 6 months ago and a new carpet fitted. In fact a table on Saturday evening expressed how much the enjoyed sitting in that room as it feels homely.

I do hope you visit us again as I would very much like you to try other brownies in our range, even the chewy one. Thank you for your words, and I appreciate that you enjoyed the coffee, which we are proud of.

Kind Regards

The dine on the Rowe Team
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service was over attentive to the point of being annoying, the food could have done with being served hotter. And, the bill needs to be checked very carefully, we were over charged by a whopping £60. Would definitely not recommend, there are much better places to eat in Beverley.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JayneWoroch
Thank you for visiting dine on the Rowe and taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry you feel your experience was spoilt by a mistake we made with regards the bill. We received a phone call from one of your party after the meal to let us know you had been overcharged. We couldn't read your bill at that point on the till due to a system problem, so we said to visit the next day and we would sort it out. When the till actually came back up we rang straight away and said we had added three meals on to your bill by mistake and to visit the next day for a full refund. We were told the next day 'this wasn't a problem and mistakes do happen, he went on to say ' As working in the Service industry running the Nag's Head in Routh'. I have also noticed that the Nag's Head has been reviewed by yourself and given 5 stars. It is against Tripadvisor policy to review an establishment that you may have a connection too.

With regards the service being over attentive I can only apologise, we always check to see if the starter is okay and the main course is okay. If we had been told at the time that one of the dishes was not as hot as they would like we would have changed it straight away. One of the waiting team was chatting to your party and he was informed about the fact that you run a pub in Routh, I'm really sorry if this was interpreted as being too attentive. We really just want everyone to enjoy the experience and every customer is different so it is a skill deciding how much attention a customer requires, sometimes we may get this wrong. We do like to chat to our customers.

Thank you again, I hope you will consider trying us again.

Regards

Dine on the Rowe Team
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

First of all the service and the staff where fantastic the host Angelia was wonderfull made us feel at home in a way the food was really very good we have put it in the top of our fav places to eat in the area the price was wonderful couldn't be any more happier and can't wait to go back thank you so much xx

1 Thank DanDean
Thank you for visiting dine on the Rowe and thank you for your feedback we aim and hope that every guest will visit and enjoy the experience as much as you. We hope to see you again soon.

The dine on the Rowe Team
Barrow upon Humber
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another fantastic meal.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having eaten at Dine on the Rowe many times over the years either for breakfast, lunch or dinner, whether with family or an intimate table for two, we always look forward to our return and the culinary delights that have never ceased to please. The gentle ambiance of the restaurant combined with the friendliness of the efficient staff add to the experience. Please take a look for yourself....

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ash845
dineontheRoweOwner, Manager at Dine on the Rowe, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
A big thank you for your kind words about DOTR. It is great when we receive reviews from regular visitors to the restaurant. It means a great deal to us.

DOTR Team