“Absolutely superb!”

Number One Bed and Breakfast
Number One Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 15 Beverley B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Number One Bed and Breakfast in Beverley, as I was attending a gig at a pub in the local area. Arrived by train around 19:00 and walked through the town to the B & B, as it only takes about 10 - 15 minutes.

Neil showed me to my room which was on the second floor and had an ensuite, plus double bed. I liked the homely feel of the establishment, which makes a change from the mainstream chains. The bathroom was of a good size and included a combined bath/shower, there was also tea and coffee making facilities provided.

Walked back into town for the evening, the location is good as it is tucked away from the hustle and bustle but again not too far to need a taxi. Arrived back in the small hours and had an excellent nights sleep, the area was very quiet as it is all residential housing.

Breakfast in the morning was provided in the front room, everything was laid out for me by Neil and Sarah when I came down. Opted for a cooked sausage, beans, toast and bacon which was all of good quality and very tasty.

If I was ever in Beverley again, I would not hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JonB125

Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a beautiful house, lovely dining room with coal fire, lots of books and a delicious breakfast. Bedrooms very comfy. Two minute walk into Beverley town centre and ten minutes from the station. We were well looked after by Neil

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EpsomJo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Walk one minute from this beautiful house to the centre of attractive Beverley. A very quiet Victorian building with excellent views of the cottage garden from our rear bedroom. Hosts very knowledgeable about local eating places and attractions. The whole house including our bedroom attractively furnished with an eclectic mix of especially 19th century-style pieces. The most varied and delicious breakfast we had in our 2-month trip with several types of fish available, as well as the usual tasty fare.
Parking was quite tight in our rented estate car (station wagon). Difficult to find even with satnav due to complex road system. Listen very carefully to verbal instructions about locating this B&B. If you have time, the tour of the roof interior of Beverley Minster is fascinating- a must see.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aidor
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Neil welcomed us and guided me as I drove into the rear garage area. We entered across the lovely rear garden and he showed us to our large clean spacious room. He even gave us a map of Beverley and advised us all about the best places to eat as well as offered to make a booking for us at his local pub - The Woolpack. The bed was comfortable, and with only 3 rooms, we had a lovely quiet night. Breakfast was at a large table that's shared with the other guests. Usual cereals, fresh fruit, and a full cooked breakfast followed. The breakfast was itemised on a menu, and you were able to select what you wanted. Its very much a family house, and there are photos and belongings from Neil and Sarah's family everywhere.
The only improvement I would suggest is some better quality tea bags.

Room Tip: The one at the back with the bird wallpaper was lovely
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stevep3919
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here with our 2 year old for 1 night. The room was clean and very comfortable. The owners were friendly, accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. The choice at breakfast was good and tasted delicious. They were great with our little one and happy to provide extra milk / snacks etc for her if we wanted them. The location is very convenient for the town centre.

Should we come back to Beverley (which we hope to do) we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank WendyMay0206
Reviewed March 19, 2012

You will be made to feel very welcome at the Number One. The owners - Neil and Sarah - are so accommodating and friendly, willing to give tips and advice and to help you in any way they can whilst also not being too 'in-your-face'.
I had a bit of trouble finding the B+B as it is down a tightly packed road (an entrance to Westwood hospital is at the top of the road) and the B+B is not clearly signposted, it is just house number one and is opposite you as you approach the left hand turn onto the street. The on-site parking is minimal and tight so I chose to park in the hospital which was a bargain at just £1 a night. I had the ensuite bedroom - it was clean and cosy, old-fashioned decor but almost trendy as a result! Lots of extras provided - tea and coffee and lots of toiletries, even hot water bottles! I loved the birdsong outside the window and had two excellent night's sleep (although I do always wear ear plugs- there were a few loud voices in the morning but never for very long). I chose not to have breakfast as I like to have a lie in and not have to worry about time when I'm away so I can't comment on the food but it sure smelt good! :) Be warned that there is no TV in the rooms - you can go into the communal lounge to watch tv but there is also free WiFi so I watched tv on my computer in my room which was fine.
The Number One is a unique experience of peace and quiet and it is about 20 steps away from the centre of Beverley so a perfect location. Go ahead, book and enjoy!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the ensuite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank NottinghamClaire
Reviewed August 20, 2011

What a wee gem I found in booking site unseen and trusting ...was booked in with my sister for 4 nights....loved the very homey comfortable and very lovley homeowners where nothing was too much trouble....even had a real fire in the dining room for two mornings.just sooooooooooooo lovely....I was joined by my daughter and son-in-law for a night and they also found it very relaxing....in fact we too over the whole place.....breakfasts were scrummie and definitely would go back again !!!!!...very very central to town too

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family