“Good but people with Allergies beware”
Review of Kings Head Hotel

Kings Head Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beverley
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is my second visit to the kings Head in Beverley,as my first visit encouraged me to come back.
The Inn is in a really nice location in the Saturday market square and is a pleasant building.
Check in was easy but no attempt was made to carry my bag as on my first visit it was offered.
The room itself room 5 was really nicely decorated and just so cosy which I like the bed was comfy if a little small for me but I'm 6ft 3in,the rest of the bedroom is well appointed with a nice flat tv and bottled water aswell as a powerful hair dryer and tea and coffee facilities.
The Bathroom was spotless but there was mould on the ceiling because it was an inside bathroom which needed sorting it was minimal but noticed by my girlfriend.
We ate in the bar/restaurant itself which was really tasty and the 20% discount for residents was most welcome.
For you real ale drinkers there is a good selection of local real ales there not Brilliantly kept in my opinion but of a good quality.
The only major downside was that all the pillows were feather and down and as the night went on my girlfriend got worse and worse and was so allergic that we didn't sleep at all,surely with how common allergies are theese days feather and down should not be used or at least mentioned when booking.
We checked out not having made breakfast as we didnt sleep that well,the girl who checked us out was very proffesional and when we told her about the feather and down pillows told us that if we stayed agin the feather and down pillows would be removed.
All in all a good quality inn but ruined by feather and down pillows.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were welcomed in by a very friendly and helpful young woman. ( thanks) She showed us where to park round the back and offered to help with cases. We stayed in room 7 which was classes as a 'luxury double' but was in fact rather small and a squeeze to get round the other side of the bed. It was nicely decorated and the bed was comfy and squishy. We ate in the restaurant and the food was nice and the service was good. It was a busy night and we could hear noise from the bar ( ear plugs provided) but it didn't bother us as we were tired and soon asleep. The breakfast was lovely and the waitress was smiling and pleasant. What I hadn't realised was that there's a 20% reduction on meals for residents ( :( ) which would have been even better. I did ask what the difference was between 'luxury double rooms' and 'classic double rooms' was and got the answer that they're the same .......? It was a pleasant stay made even nicer by the friendly staff and it can't be beaten for convenience for the lovely market on Saturday and the shops .

Room Tip: room 7 is small
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife & I stayed on Thursday night and we had a very pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly & helpful, the room was very clean, the bed was comfortable & it was very quiet. The breakfast was very good, the car park was very handy, we will definitely stay here again.Good value for money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Seems more a pub with rooms, than a hotel, but saying that, the rooms were very nice. Right in the corner of the market square, so couldn't be more central for exploring the lovely town of Beverley.
Once upstairs it is a bit of a maze, but the rooms are lovely, and the bed was very comfortable and had plenty good pillows. The bathroom was also clean and modern.
The cooked breakfast was very good and started the day well. The bar area was always busy which must be a good sign, and the staff were very friendly.
I would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Another great stay with excellent rooms and service, Breakfast a real treat compliments to the chefs also the meals are great. Thanks to all the staff who are credit to Matt and the company. Special thanks to Gemma Austin, Lily Elston, Jack and Guy who really looked after us making our stay a special on Cheers Bill and Julie :)

Room Tip: all rooms are great but room 1 is the largest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Clean, comfortable room. Suprisingly quiet as above a busy pub but I was out the back and it was not a weekend night. Very welcoming and helpful at reception. High quality breakfast. Pretty much what you need for a business trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I knew it would be a lovely stay when I phoned to say I couldn't find the location, (just behind me!) as the sat nav told me I'd arrived and was outside Edinburgh Woollen Mill, Matt came out to find me and he directed me to the car park behind the pub. I would never have found it without his help. A warm welcome and no request was too much trouble. My room was lovely, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed was wonderful! I'd been forewarned about the late licence and loud music so the disco rumble faded into the background as I watched telly and consumed my bottle of wine and two bars of chocolate :-) later in the evening; I wasn't kept awake and didn't even need the complementary ear-plugs (very thoughtful). Will definitely stay there again. Another bonus with 20% off meals for residents!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susie M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverley
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
#3 of 15 in Beverley
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
#1 of 1 in Walkington

Been to Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!