“Poor quantity”
Review of Crown & Anchor

Crown & Anchor
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Tickton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Opening Times Monday - Closed Tuesday - Noon - 2.00pm & 5.30pm - 9.00pm Wednesday - Noon - 2.00pm & 5.30pm - 9.00pm Thursday - Noon - 2.00pm & 5.30pm - 9.00pm Friday - Noon - 2.00pm & 5.30pm - 9.30pm Saturday - Noon - 2.00pm & 5.30pm - 9.30pm Sunday - Noon - 5.00pm (Sunday Lunch) Bar Opening Times Monday - Closed Tuesday - Friday - Noon - 2.30pm & 5.00pm - 11.00pm Saturday - Noon - 11.00pm Sunday - Noon - 10.30pm
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Just visited the crown and anchor in tickton for the first time since it reopened, my husband and I ordered the Cajun chicken it came with about 8 chips and a bit if salad it's a good job I asked for peas too or there would have been nothing on the plate, if that was an adult portion god help the child's portion my chicken was a lot smaller than the one my husband got. the price was far to expensive for what we got, would I return again? Short answer no.

There are newer reviews for Crown & Anchor

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dropped in for supper Saturday 9th March. Pub was fully booked but the landlady kindly fitted usin. Food took a while but not a problem when everything is freshly cooked. We had chicken curry, rice and steak, salad and jacket potato, microwaved but it was a special request so no room to complain. Food was tasty, home made and freshly cooked. Keep it up, try pushing itto the next level i.e. interesting salads ,french dressing, home made chips and you will be on to a real winner. One minus point though ladies on the bar though bright and bubbly were more interested in chatting between themselves rather than keeping an eye on who needed serving. Landlady please note. But we will return.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

went into this pub last saturday for a drink and a quick bite to eat. food was good (pub Food) . when entering the pub we were greeted with a big smile from this blonde women and told i will be with you in a minute - was at the bar for about 5 mins because she was working it on her own and it was pretty busy at the bar and food area. now although i would probably get annoyed at waiting i noticed nobody cared about waiting because this women although goinmg as fast as she could also entertained everyone waiting by telling jokes, making everyone involved and although we were waiting to be served i became like everyone else at the bar, No one cared infact i was a bit dissappointed when i did get served so i could sit down with the rest of the familly. on ordering the food i was told their was a 30min wait and that it was just her and the cook in the kitchen just working as she had stupidly told the staff to come in later. i looked around and asked the women at the next table how long she had been waiting for and she replied about 20mins but she didnt care because when she comes in she always leaves with a smile on her face and a funny moment to tell her friends about the place.. she said if i came in came in 10mins earlier i would of seen her tap dancing her way to a table to tell them their food was about 5mins away ..
now i know this sounds bonkers but we did wait for the food for a bit but i would deffinately come back because i left with a good feeling and i felt for the first time in a pub that i left feeling i was given more than just a drink and being fed, i left feeling whole. and this was not just me that felt like this and that women was right because in the car on the way home all of us was in giggles about her railway joke.

1  Thank Ammanda F
Reviewed February 24, 2013

visited this pub on a friday night in february with friends, had a lovely meal (steak) and took part in the quiz night. the new landlady "Jamie" was very friendly and we all had a great night. its a lovely setting down by the river and i will definately be visiting again soon with family. give it a try!

1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I heard the Crown and Anchor had been taken over in January 2013: so thought I'd try it out. Went with a few friends and had tea and did the pub quiz.

When we first arrived the landlady was very friendly and welcoming. Told her we was planning on eat, she got us a table ready and took our order, while we relax at the bar.

We then had the joy of having there food, I order the steak, ( cooked perfectly) everyone was happy with there food... I've noticed all review saying microwave food...I can't tell you our food wasn't!! It's was good pub food!! What you want for the money!!

The atmosphere was lovely, there was 8 of us, all different ages, no was rushig us in out. The landlady came over alot and chatted to us which to me is nice in a local.

I'd recommend this pub for a quick drink during the day, or a lunch. I'll be going back with my family, as I think it would be lovely little place to take my children for a meal and friendly environment!

Landladies Jamie also inform us that every other Saturday there have a band on, so very interested in checking this out.

I wouldn't judge the Crown and Anchor till you have been, everything you want in a local! The new management are doing a great job!!!!

1  Thank sallyeb