“Wonderful grounds. Excellent staff. Great for a wedding ;) Fantastic food!”

Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tickton
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We got married here and everything was perfect! Highly recommended if your not getting married too!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Staro30

Reviewed April 18, 2010

Just a short taxi drive from Beverley station, Tickton Grange has a lovely countryside setting. Had booked single, but was upgraded, so good value for £82. Room and bathroom large and clean. Tasty flapjack on the tea tray instead of usual biscuits. Full range of digital TV. Bed comfy and pillow-tastic. Good range for breakfast and very pleasant staff throughout.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cdboy2002
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I couldn't fault Tickton Grange. It's got warmth and atmosphere that more expensive hotels would kill for. I've never found a hotel that strikes such a good balance between attentive and friendly yet unfussy service. The food is fantastic quality whether you go for the full champagne menu or the great value set menu, with carefully chosen wines to suit every taste and pocket. The bedrooms are snug and full of character, the grounds well tended and secluded. I travel throughout Britain and will detour if necessary to get back here.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Starry_Plough
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I needed to visit East Yorkshire for business reasons and was recommended to stay at Tickton Grange. A look at the website and the dinner menu confirmed that this would be my choice. I was not disappointed. The room was a double but to be honest I am not sure I would have fitted if I had brought my wife with me. However, as I was alone, it was perfectly adequate, warm and cosy. I was assured that this was in fact one of their smallest rooms and If I brought my wife (which I intend to do) the hotel would supply a larger room. My business took me to the little seaside town of Hornsea. This is an old Victorian town that is worth a visit. In my spare time I visited Beverley town centre- the hotel is just outside the town. This is a very attractive town to visit. A half an hour away is York, and so the hotel is well placed.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and good (no quick dash through a hot buffet under lights for several hours as is so characteristic of chains and my pet hate - no, actually pets are my pet hate, then cooked buffet breakfasts). Dinner was the highlight. I must admit I felt guilt that other guests in the restaurant were obviously celebrating special or romantic occasions whilst I was on business expenses. The menu changes with the season. My duck dish on the first night was so good that I had it again on the second, but everyone in the restaurant seemed to really enjoy the excellent food.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Adrian_COLCHESTER
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Firstly, my work involves staying in hotels all around the country and this place is a real find. I really don't have a bad word to say about this hotel. It is one of the best most comfortable hotels I have ever stayed in.The staff are excellent - nothing too much trouble. I have stayed here lots as I have clients in the area. Only once have I been allocated a room I wasn't happy about - nothing wrong with it apart from it eas small compared to rooms I have been in previously. I asked if they had a larger room available and it was done. No fuss, just done. My bags were changed from one room to the other - ALL the staff are brilliant here. They even said that if there was a particular room I liked I could have that one each time I stayed as long as it was possible.

The food is amazing. Real pride in their menu. Mostly locally sourced meat, fish, veg, cheese, eggs. Not one bad meal here ever. This is one hotel I would like to spend a weekend in as a romantic getaway with my wife - not something I can often say about most hotels I stay in

If you want to try something differnet (and by different I mean a hotel which is family run and has a personality, unlike most of the big corporate owned ones) try this place. If there is something you're not happy about - tell them. They will do their utmost to put it right. I think the less than happy reviewers were unlucky.

As a fairly regular guest here, I enjoy that the staff chat with me and make me feel very welcome. If they built a Hilton or a Radisson over the road, I would still stay here. It's perfect and thoroughly deserves the good reviews.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank beltizar
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I stayed at Tickton Grange due to a family wedding. The wedding itself was done very well. Very romantic layout for the service, good places for pictures but the food was not knock out amazing. Waiting area while the room was turned was also not great and I would like to have seen the more opulent areas used for this.
The rooms themselves had massive bathrooms, truly very large. A good range of Yorkshire information and magazines in the room. Tea/coffee/biscuits were all of a high standard. Use of local Blue Keld water was a nice touch. Beds were comfortable and all in all the rooms would be recommended even if the decor is of a good standard but not spectacular in design. The upstairs landings leading to rooms are very poorly laid out and are reminiscent of a condemned care home. Location is out of town but obviously very handy for the wedding. Beverley itself has little to do other than the Minster. Breakfast staff were very bad, they looked about 13 and were more interested in play fighting each other than serving. They were also quite abrubt and rude. I can make no comment on reception or price as this was included in the wedding stay. Staff at the wedding meal had a very good maitre'd but brought several dishes in the wrong order or to the wrong table.
All in all a good hotel for the occasion but I would not recommend it for a break away as the service and location is not the best.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotel_bed
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We stayed here for one night on the b&b + dinner tariff. Upgraded to the champagne menu and had so much lovely food, with most if not all sourced in Yorkshire. The staff were efficient and the room was large - probably the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in with gorgeous cotton bedding. And yes the truffles are great - our friends dined with us took theirs back to Beverley in a doogy bag.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tickton
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel
#4 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Kings Head Hotel
Kings Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Beverley

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!