“Love this hotel”

Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tickton
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I returned to the Tickton Grange Hotel this week, it had been 2 years since my previous stay and I was very pleased to find out that the hotel is still the same, great staff, fabulous food and comfy rooms. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Its not the poshest hotel I've ever stayed in, but it just feels like a quality place to stay. The service is of a very high standard without being too stiff or formal, you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The food is beautifully presented and very very good. The log fires in the bar and restaurant addded to the ambiance.
I stayed here for business, but really this hotel is perfect for couples/friends/family too. I hope I have a chance to come back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen C

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A cozy private room, a blazing log fire, candlelight sparkling off the silver service; what a start!
This was a surprise Birthday party organised by my wife with sensitive support from the dedicated staff at Tickton Grange. The country situation, the stately buildings & the warm welcome all added to this special event.
Serving staff were discreetly attentive, the privacy allowed free-flowing conversation among the ten diners & the food & drink were to die for! Beautifully cooked, artistically presented & mouthwateringly delicious, the individual menus were thoroughly enjoyed by all.
I have visited Tickton Grange regularly for over 25 years: organizing day courses, weekend residentials, International Rotary meetings & as the perfect venue for our Wedding 19 years ago!
I can unreservedly recommend the locally sourced food, the extensive wine cellar, the comfortable accommodation & the professional empathetic help available from happy attentive staff carefully chosen by the Whymant family. Anther Tickton triumph!

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite is perfect; all rooms are well appointed & comfortable. If you have specific ne...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonathan-of-Beverley
Reviewed February 21, 2013

3 rooms were booked and I stayed in the Granary suite . it is about 2 mins walk from the main hotel . the suite was very modern , a bit cold on arrival but soon warmed up , very nicely finished with modern bedroom , stting area and kitchen . Some road noise but not enough to disturb . The hotel itself is great with an atmospheric bar and a suoerb restaurant . Service was friendly and efficient at reception , bar and restaurant . free wifi and a great included high quality breakfast rounded off a good stay in a lovely country house style hotel at a very reasonable cost . the other ( overseas ) visitors were equally impressed . The only improvement : the Granary room could have done with a glass for the mineral water provided free to avoid using a plastic bathroom beaker.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hilltopOxon
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent dinner and stay in every way, The breakfast was delicious with the best kippers I have ever tasted. Friendly staff, warm fire and a warm feeling to the hotel. We will be back later in the year.

Room Tip: Dale Suite newly refurbished.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charley2
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel because we were attending a wedding there. The room was a decent size and extremely clean.

The ensuite contained a bath, shower and toilet and plenty of towels were provided. When I took a shower in the afternoon, in preparation to go the the wedding, the water was tepid, although the water from the basin tap was hot. The toilet rolls were placed on the wall opposite the toilet and I not easy to reach from the toilet. The pull light switch drove me mad! It had a metal object attached to the end and every time you pull it it back loudly against the wall tiles - I ended up removing it and leaving a note explaining why.

The chairs in the bedroom, of which there were 3, were tiny. I am only 5 ft but did not feel comfortable in any of them. The "reading lights" above the bed were too high up and you had to get out of bed to turn them off. The wardrobe had plenty of coat hangers, but when you closed the door they banged loudly.

The refereshments in the bedroom consisted of teas, coffee and chocolate sachets plus milk and sugar. Also provided was one bottle of water - this was booked as a double room, so why only one?

For a three star hotel and the prices of the room there was a definite lack of facilities and although staff were pleasant there was no real customer care.

On our first night there we went out to a member of my family's house for a meal. We returned at 9.30 to find no one at Reception and our key (with the room number on it) left on Reception. Anyone could have walked in, picked up the key and raided our room! No one told us where the dining room was or where guest lounge was.

The guest car parking area was unlit and not signposted.

The food we had at the hotel, which included breakfast and the wedding breakfast, was excellent and I could find no fault there.

This hotel is clean but overpriced and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I got there at 2am due to plane hassles at Heathrow - no worries, they left me a key out. I didn't get up till 10am so I was too late for breakfast - no worries, I wasn't disturbed and when I was up they made me a bacon sandwich and didn't charge me for it. My credit card limit had been reached - no worries, they gave me their phone to use to sort it out. Looking back I was the customer from hell, you'd almost think I was some sort of mystery shopper which I wasn't, but they made my stay really easy, they were friendly and helpful, and I look forward to staying at this beautiful family-run hotel again some time when I have more time to enjoy it. I was there on business but it would certainly be suitable for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JinnyJones1982232a
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The dedicated team at Tickton Grange strived to ensure that our special celebration for family and friends met all of our expectations and the day was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. The food was delicious, a menu to reflect the best of fresh local produce with a true Yorkshire theme. The service offered leading up to the event and on the day was excellent. Well done and thank you to you all.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Isabel P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tickton
Premier Inn Beverley Town Centre Hotel
10 mi away
Village Hotel Club Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull
#4 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!