“excellent evening”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tickton
east yorkshire
“excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife and I visited the restaurant on Thursday 8th of September for our anniversary, the meal was excellent, only outshone by the quality of restaurant staff.
We did not stay as we own a restaurant near by and needed to return home

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank accistanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We chose Tickton Grange for our wedding reception and I can honestly say it was perfect in every way. We had a totally stress free day and enjoyed every minute. The service was faultless, very efficient and friendly. Everything from the welcome, the meal, the rooms, the breakfast was top qualiity. The build up to the wedding was also well well managed, thorough and enjoyable. All our friends and family loved the day too...the food , drink and smiles were over flowing. I would recommend Tickton as a wedding venue to anyone. We look forward to visiting again to relive the happy memories.

1 Thank KirkNic
newport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

attended a family wedding and found the service given from start to finish to be faultless.All staff are professional and knowledgeable ,from the reception team who are friendly and very helpful to the service staff who carried out their duties efficiently and proficiently.Special mention to Ilene who organised the day and made sure everything went smoothly without a hitch. We found the rooms to be spacious well equiped and clean.Breakfast was also excellent ,food and service brilliant , an excellent end to a wonderful weekend.Would recommend tickton grange to anyone,just sorry the experience is over.

1 Thank ann k
Hornsea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We visited Tickton Grange to celebrate my mum's birthday and dined in the restaurant for lunch. I can say without any shadow of a doubt that this was one of the finest lunches I have had for many a year.
My family and I have been patrons of Tickton Grange for over 20 years, indeed I held my wedding reception there in 1988....it has had its ups and downs since then but has returned to fantastic form.
All the food is sourced locally and cooked to perfection. Service is faultless with highly trained attentive staff.
Whilst Tickton Grange does not come cheap, it is a beautifully located,well run establishment which does not disappoint.

1 Thank Melinda H
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights here when attending a family wedding and overall were pleased. Our room was pretty small and the bathroom tiny but both were clean and well maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful, food high quality and the grounds are pleasant. The wedding ran smoothly (the second we have attended here) with the wedding co-ordinator working tirelessly through the night to ensure every last guests had what they needed and the poor girl was back at breakfast doing just the same. I definitely recommend it as a wedding venue.

My top tip: look out for the carpet on the stairs as it is slippy in new shoes!

Room Tip: Ask to avoid the smaller ones immediately above reception
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank beakysian
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I cannot believe some of the negative views posted here.
We recently held our daughters wedding reception at Tickton Grange. It was fantastic.
The hotel was beautiful and the staff were so helfpful, nothing was too much trouble.
Our guests booked most of the rooms for 2 nights and they all commented how nice their rooms were and how excellent the food was. Thr breakfast was plentiful and superb.
As you can tell, I cannot praise Tickton Grange highly enough!

Brian E. East Yorkshire

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Brian19082011
Hampshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed here recently following a wedding reception. I used to live in Tickton and always wanted to stay at the Grange so when we got a wedding invitation there we took the opportunity to stay the night. I rather wished I hadn't! The rooms were 'tired' and in need of decoration but overall pretty and quaint. I was however quite horrified when I pulled back the bed sheets to go bed to find a couple of live earwigs in the bed - yuck. My older children also said that they had them in their bathroom. Also the next morning at breakfast there was no bacon or sausage left so we had to wait for them to make some for us. A very diappointing experience and we won't be going back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank BillyNellie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tickton
BEST WESTERN Lairgate Hotel
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
Rowley Manor Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Little Weighton

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!