“A good evening meal”

Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Driffield
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited with a colleague this week, it was mid week and fairly quiet but we were made to feel welcome and the food was excellent, well above the standard of routine pub food with a lot of locally sourced food. free refills on mineral water is a particularly nice touch.
This was my first visit but I will be back.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Pros
A really lovely pub with a great atmosphere
Dessert was delicious (Chocolate and Banana pot with Toffee and cinder toffee ice cream)
Cons
Quite expensive, starters £7-9 ish, mains £11-£25, all desserts £6.50
Had to order your food at the bar
Had to wait outside for the pub to open at 18:30 as we'd got there 10 minutes early for our 18:30 reservation.
There is no menu in the brasserie (not sure about the restaurant) so you have to read from the blackboards, a few trips back and forward would be needed if you have to relay it to the rest of the party.
Steak and kidney pudding didn't have a lot of steak in it but lots of kidney.

1  Thank Frag888
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I can only comment on lunchtime service, because I have never visited at night. However, my wife and I do regularly eat there in the bar. We have always eaten excellent food. True, service can be slow, especially when the Inn is full, as it usually is. But the meal is always worth waiting for, and the staff are always attentive.
Very good value!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Wellington is quite local to us and over the years we have been going they never disappoint. We went on Sunday 17th March for Sunday Lunch with two friends, it was excellent. Booking is really recommended as it is always full and once you have tried it you will understand why. The Food is outstanding Sarah and her husband Russell are both Chefs they are outstanding with their brigade of chefs. The Service is always excellent and it is always my restaurant of choice if we are eating locally. 5 Star without doubt.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Because of a mix up made a last minute booking for a table four four at the Wellington Inn at Lund. The pub was quite busy due to the arrival of a large group of younger locals. Dispite this the bar staff were friendly and efficient and the pub had a lively but noisy atmosphere. We had been sat for just a few moments when we were taken to our table and were shown the menu board and told that we should order our choice at the bar. Our order did take a while to arrive but given the quality of the meal I have no complaints at all -.each of the four meals ordered was without exception excellent.
Toward the end of the evening the locals had arranged forsome entertainment to take place. Although this is not usual at the Wellington most of the patrons enjoyed the show and one young man in particular seemed to enjoy helping the artist with the performance so much that she came back and gave an encore. She really went down well! Although it is not likely that entertainment is a regular event I am sure the quality of the food is and this will ensure my return.