“Love it!”

Ranked #25 of 86 Restaurants in Driffield
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional home cooked food, there is something for everybody. We are also able to cater to all dietery needs. All food is homecooked and locally sauced where possible. We offer light snacks starting from £1.50 And all main meals at £4.95, We also offer steak and grills starting £9.95
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Best place in town by far! Love every mouthful! Never leave any as it's far too good to leave! Bringing some family here this weekend as I highly recommend it!! For the meal size, it is great value for money!

Katie A, Bar Maid at Original Keys, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

we would like to say thank you for your review and we are please that you enjoy the meals that you have had with us.

Debbie and all the Staff at the Original Keys

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Come in at least once a week and order pretty much the same each time, it's so bloody great! Including the price!! Come in either on my own or in a group and always enjoy the meal. The service is brilliant, the staff are so friendly.

Katie A, Bar Maid at Original Keys, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you always enjoy your meal. it doesn’t matter what the size of your party is we will be always more than willing to accommodate you, and still to the same high standards as always.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We usually go every couple of weeks for a catch up over lunch as it is cheap and cheerful, but this time the food was terrible, and left me & my friend not being able to eat it, usually I don't leave reviews but felt the need to express my views as the way we were treated being regular customers left me never wanting to return. And the food left me and my friend feeling ill for the rest of the day!
Firstly our order was incorrect!
We were then brought 2 bowls an spoons for us 'the customers' 2 rectify! Passing food back and forth over the table.
Then the food attacked!
After complaining about almost breaking my tooth on abit of bone in wat can only be described as mushy chilli I was told it was not bone but gristle! My 2 friends who were with me both heard me bite down twice on the bone from the other side of the table! With an enormous crack! The cook who is also the manager persistently argued with me that it was not bone but infact gristle! I think I no wat was in my mouth! Also I inspected what came out of my mouth with great detail to see what may have just cost me a fortune in dental bills!
£4.95 for a main course is cheap I agree but not with a £50 dental bill to follow!
What ever happened to the customer is always right??

Firstly we would like to thank you for leaving us a review. I would like to say that again we are sorry for the problems that you had and feel that we fully explained in the reply to the other review left by another member of your party.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Although the staff are very lovely, and we have eaten here often and enjoyed it. This time we were very disappointed, the produce used is not the best quality and we were left feeling ill. A shame as it's a good local place, could do a lot better to improve customer service as arguing with customers over quality of produce does not stand you in good stead.

Katie A, Bar Maid at Original Keys, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Firstly we would like to apologises that you were not fully satisfied with the Tex-Mex Chilli that you ordered. As a Party of three there were x2 Tex-Mex Chilli and a Cheese and Broccoli Potato Bake ordered. There was a very small fragment of bone that you found in your food, this measured 3mm x 2mm. When I order mince from the butchers that I have purchased my meat from for the last 20 years, it is in batches of 20lbs, I feel that it is impossible for myself and my chef to sift through all 20lbs to check for such a miniscule piece of bone or gristle. this is the first time that I have ever had this problem. I can assure you that the mince is 100% steak mince and we apologies for this small piece of bone that was in your food. As for our customer service skills it was the manger that you spoke to and she was just trying to explain to you as I have done above that it is impossible for us to check that much mince, and that this is a problem that occasionally happens as meat comes off a bone. As another example of what you experienced, our haddock is purchased as skinned and boned, but it is never guaranteed that it is 100% boneless. As for saying that you felt ill, your exact word were it put you off eating what was left, and the other 2 people in your party completed their meals. Once again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have eaten here a lot and have loved every meal, if your looking for a range of amazing meals hot or cold to suit anybodys dietary needs at an even better value for money the you must stop at original keys situated in the center of town for a great experience and guaranteed to leave happy wanting to return very soon

Firstly we would like to say thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the meals that you have had. We do cater for all needs that people have, just ask any member of staff and they will be able to advise you on any dietary needs or requests that you have.