“Good Tasty Food”

Ranked #48 of 85 Restaurants in Driffield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

First time tried eating here.Staff very attentive and checked if everything ok throughout the meal.I had soup followed by roast beef with seasonal vegetables .All meal really enjoyed followed by apple and plum crumble and custard. Meal followed with coffee and mint to finish off. Restaurant is dated and need of updating but still a pleasant place to dine out.Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Jammydodger11

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a very enjoyable relaxing meal in the bar, been here many times over the years and it has always been good. The staffs are very friendly and helpful.
I had the haddock done in cider batter and my wife had the beef in ale pie.
Lovely crispy batter the best chips I have had for a long time, nice and chunky. Nice mushy peas too. The pie was very nice too. Sweets a little unadventurous, ended up with the ice cream, but it was nice.
To sum it up Very good service, good beer good food and nice old world hotel love the place, will be going again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Read about this place in the AA Pub Guide so decided to check it out following a walk in the Yorkshire Wolds. Although it was very quiet inside the food was fantastic value. Knowing that there is a restaurant section or a pub section where you could eat I knew that the food would be cooked in the same kitchen so knew that it would be of a high standard. Opted for the pub section to eat in and could not ask for more when I chose an extremely nice house salad with chicken, mini bruschetta, new potatoes and a citrus dressing. Definitely of a restaurant standard and it cost less than £7. What a bargain. To top it all the pub has on real ales so chose a very nice one from the Wold Top Brewery. Good service but due to it being quiet it felt a bit like a ghost town.

1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Okay, we weren't booked. So, on Friday night, I guess we were lucky really that they could accommodate a party of ten, even if they only had space in the bar because the restaurant was already full.

Menu very, very limited, and very expensive for average tuck. £15 for a 10oz steak, or £20 if you fancied sirloin. But what amazed me was their complete inability to work out what it was precisely they were serving us. My fish and chips came minus chips. No, really. The three gammon and chips were similarly lacking in spud, but they did bring out a bowl of vegetables. Odd because none of our choices included broccoli boiled tates or cauli, and nobody remembered ordering it either. Chips came later, after I'd finished eating my fish because I didn't want it cold, and weren't chips anyway - they were wedges. Nice wedges, but wedges nevertheless. Once we'd distributed this large bowl of wedges amongst ourselves and eaten them (with or without the fish/gammon which they should have accompanied), another bowl of wedges arrived.

We didn't bother with dessert...

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Driffield we have at one time or another visited many local restaurants.

So where to eat this Sunday lunchtime. We didn’t book and the restaurant was fully booked. We were offered the second sitting for 1.30 and decided to wait.

Good move.

We had a great meal in ambient surroundings looked after by great staff.

For Sunday lunch this was close to perfection.

Next time I’ll book