“Excellent pies and superb welcome”
Review of The Board

The Board
Ranked #66 of 83 Restaurants in Driffield
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Ate here on Sunday night and just had to write a review. The pies were outstanding, extremely reasonably priced and were packed with meat. The portions were huge (I left all my potato and part of the pastry) but really tasty. The owner was very personable, he took the time to talk us through the menu and chat after we had eaten. I will definitely dine here again when I am next in the area.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend went on a rainy Wednesday night this week and we were told it would be a 45 minute wait for a table, so we booked for Friday instead. Despite this minor set back we were not put off and arrived on Friday looking forward to our meal. We were served immediately at the bar and brought a menu by the main man, who was very friendly! We had a drink and chose our pies and after about 15 minutes of ordering we were seated at a table in the main restaurant and brought our pies, huuuuge portions and they were absolutely delicious. Would recommend the Welsh Cob (voted the UK's best pie!!) and the 'Friesan' and the chips (you can choose from mash, chips or new potatoes). I would definitely return to this amazing pie pub, as for the money you pay you are really getting more than you pay for. I can imagine the service perhaps being slow on a very busy night and I would recommend booking before hand so you are not disappointing. But it's worth the wait! Already planning our next visit. £23 for two, with two pints of beer included, spot on.

3  Thank KatieWilks
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our son treated us to tea for my wife,s upcoming birthday.We arrived just before six and ordered drinks in the small bar and was told the landlord would take our orders shortly.About 15 mins later he told us which pies were not available and returned 10 minutes later to take our order.By this time the bar area was beginning to fill up as its only small.Around 45 minutes after first coming in we were shown to our table in another room that was half empty,would have been better to let you sit here and order your drinks/food and therefore freeing up the bar area.We all ordered pie chips and mushy peas and yes you get a decent piece of pie,but not many chips.We all enjoyed what we had ordered but at the end of the day its a pie and pea supper costing nearly 13 quid each! I would say if you like pies and haven't been before then give it a go but it wasn't that great that i would be rushing back

1  Thank HullGazza
Reviewed May 28, 2014

just down the road from driffield in a village named kelk you will find a public house that sells the best pies ever.We visited one Saturday night (good job we booked it was packed) john the landlord welcomes you and you feel at home strait away,the next problem is when you see the menu you would not think that there could be so many different variations of pie.our order was put in and a enjoyable pint went down a treat,we did not have to wait long before john said right folks its pie time,the portions are good I don't think many people would want a pudding, any how I would recommend this establishment to everybody but you must book to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank geoffrey b
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just had a meal at the Chestnut horse good food but lacks on service . Possibly Sunday night bank holiday and staffing problems? Did not get an offer a desert and a long wait for service at the bar.the vast choice of pies was good if available? well worth a visit for something different.

2  Thank DDuffill