“Good, but not as good as it used to be.”
Review of The Dacre Arms

The Dacre Arms
Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Driffield
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been eating at The Dacre for 30 years and I would recommend it to anyone. There is a good choice of food but not as comprehensive as it used to be. They do standard portions and light bites and the smaller portion of most items is enough for most people.
The food is well presented and the staff are always cheerful. Fish and chips and steak and ale pie are recommended although the fish has recently been overcooked at times. Although not on the menu, you can ask for chunky chips.
On my last visit I had scampi, chips and peas which were excellent.
They have a decent range of beer including Old Peculier which, for me, is a good reason to go there.

Victoria R, Public Relations Manager at The Dacre Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Hi Neil... its great to hear from customers that have been visiting the pub for a long time! Thank you for the feedback...we have cut down our menu slightly from previous years so that we can ensure all our food is to the highest quality! We do however try our best to accommodate customers with requests from previous menu's if our chefs aren't too busy! We are in the process of putting our new menu together, so if there is anything you would like to see on our menu/specials please email me...info@dacrearms.co.uk! See you soon!

Thanks

Victoria - The Dacre Arms

On my last visit I had scampi, chips and peas which were excellent.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Dacre Arms for lunch whilst staying at the Dacre Lakeside Park. The food was fantastic and highly recommend the choice was extensive and the portions are large excellent value for money. You will not go wrong eating here!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to The Dacre Arms...great to hear you enjoyed your meal! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We arrived on a Tuesday lunch time and the pub was busy. The only problem was there was only 1 member of staff on duty so it was quite slow to get served. The upside was the person was very friendly and apologised for the delay.

The overall experience of this visit was very good the food was excellent and we will be visiting again. My wife chose the smaller portion of home-made pie we were surprised at the size of the portion a lot bigger than we thought it would be.

Victoria R, Public Relations Manager at The Dacre Arms, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the pub! Great to hear that you enjoyed your food! Many apologies for the delay, with our staff shortage on the day! See you again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ate here with the family for mother's day. This was my first visit to this pub, so i had no idea what to expect. The decor is simple, country pub style, nothing flash. The service throughout was very friendly and professional and the food was amazing. My brother had the giant yorkshire pudding filled with turkey... And it was the biggest yorkshire pud i've ever seen. My choice was the roast beef sunday lunch, which again was huge and very tasty. Service throughout was unfaltering, which always makes the difference. Well done for making mother's day great.

What a lovely review...wonderful to hear that we made your Mothers Day great! We are really pleased that you all enjoyed your food and our service...our Yorkshire puddings are certainly a popular choice! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place is popular lots of locals and there was a special Greek menu as well as your usual pub food. The space is flexible and the restaurant can be quiter if the bar side is busy

Thank you for your recent review... we do have a special night every Friday, which changes every week! See you again soon!