I personally didn't stay at the hotel, but I was a guest there for the evening and the following day at my friends wedding party.
For the Saturday evening there were quite a large amount of people attending the function, I would hazard a guess at 100 people (at least) were seated for food and were all fed in quick succession with food of quite a decent quality. The staff coped well with the amount of guests attending the party, also catering for general hotel guests and casual saturday day/night visitors. One or two members of staff were showing signs of pressure, but it was to be expected.
The event ran very smoothly, the catering staff were not hesitant in solving any issues or re-stocking the wine on the tables. Also they were very efficient at clearing the tables away to make room for the dance-floor!
The following day people came back to the hotel for a group lunch, there must have been 35/40 of us, we were all seated close together in the restaurant, served very tasty food with speed, the food was flavoursome, hot, plentiful and we were served pretty much at the same time. Only downfall was there were two evidently large parties in there at the same time and it got very loud and quite warm...
The only general fall-back's of the hotel was the incredibly inadequate car parking for the amount of guests staying, and the lack of consistent seating areas outside.
Apart from those minor points, the hotel was wonderfully clean, well presented, interesting to look round and staff coped very well. I am very tempted to come back to have a personal stay and use the spa facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 18th-century listed hotel situated in the centre of Driffield ‘the capital of the wolds’. Tastefully furnished with antiques and fine arts, it boasts 16 individually styled suites and bedrooms, a beautiful oak paneled restaurant and The Oak Bar, featuring around 300 malt whiskies and local hand pulled cask conditioned real ales. The hotel also offers an unrivaled range of leisure facilities; swimming pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, super spa, rasul, flotation tank, full nautilus gym, beauty salon featuring Clarins, hairdressers, squash court and snooker room etc. Situated within easy reach of historic Beverley and York. Award winning disabled access. Hotel not suitable for children under 16 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Bell In Driffield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Bell In Driffield Hotel Driffield
- Best Western Driffield
- Driffield Best Western
- BEST WESTERN The Bell In Driffield Yorkshire