“Sunday lunch yesterday”

St Quintin Arms Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Driffield B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Four of us visited yesterday for Sunday lunch.
Lovely village pub in a very nice part of the world.
Nice friendly staff.
The food is fantastic - I had the pigeon starter followed by the pheasant main course and then the hazelnut and chocolate ice cream.
My wife had lamb [excellent] and others had duck egg with black pudding etc.
Even the beer is really nice - shame I was driving.
We'd thoroughly recommend the place to anyone. We have two sets of friends who've stayed there - I gather it's a very nice place for a stay too.

Room Tip: Try the pigeon - it's the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the St Quintin for a week on business recently. I have no idea why anyone staying within 50 miles of Driffield would stay anywhere else. If your looking for a true, honest Yorkshire welcome with comfortable rooms, friendly staff and locals and beautifully cooked food that would be on the menu at any 4* restaurant this is the place for you. Husband and wife team Ian and Zoe are the perfect hosts, effortless hospitality coupled with value for money make this the place to stay in this part of Yorkshire. Would I stay here again? I'm already planning my next stay. Can't wait to chat with Ian and Zoe and eat that great food again. Thank you for making my trip so enjoyable. The St Quintin is a real treasure.

Room Tip: Simple, make a booking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went for a Sunday lunch, family of 6 and WOW is all I can say, excellent food, lovely staff, prompt service, good choice - not a lot else needed to say really. Will most definitely be visiting again....soon !!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SRJ344
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked a room on the spur of the moment after a quick search. Reading the reviews on here we were impressed, and we can say the the place didn't disappoint. We checked in at 12 and had lunch which was fantastic. I had lamb chops and faggots which was gorgeous, served with potatoes layered with more lamb, fresh veg and home made gravy. The missus has gammon which was the best she'd ever had. The place was busy at night time, we enjoyed a few pints of hand pulled local beer and a good nights sleep. Breakfast was very generous and the food was obviously high quality. After chatting to the owners it is evident that they produce the finest lamb themselves and have built up contacts in the food producing world enabling them to serve high quality food at very reasonable prices. Highly recommended, we will be back. And thanks for the book!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay last night.

Two local ales, huge selection of locally sourced food (I had pheasant breast and game casserole which was beautiful), and some great laughs with the locals/regulars.

Highly highly recommended if you're in the area and need somewhere to stay, or just want some good grub, a decent pint and a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The popularity of the St Quintin meant that , after 5 previous attempts to book a dinner table, I finally made it 6th time round!! Well worth the wait though. The specials board for main courses is almost as big as the a la carte which makes decision making very exciting! My guest started with a homemade tomato soup so full of fruit that you could almost stand your spoon in it; she followed with a vegetarian option - creamy potato cakes mixed with brie and finely chopped vegetables; and ended with a lemon roulade with raspberry coulis & cream which, apparently, was delicious. I started with a smooth, cool smoked mackerel pate with toast & a small salad. My main course was pheasant with bacon & sausage and a vegetable mix. We were both served a bowl of huge chips and one of mixed vegetables (I identified at least 7 different kinds). Finished off with a very pleasant coffee. Total bill including drinks - £46.40 - excellent value. How nice to dine in a very atmospheric & comfortable inn and be entertained by people who want to serve you and, clearly, know about good food.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MedEngland
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have just enjoyed an excellent lunch at the St Quinton Arms. The food was certainly the best we have had locally for a long time. It was also good to know that they understand about gluten free food, most restaurants staff around & in Bridlingtonlook at you as if you're stupid when you dare to mention it. Congratulations Zoe ,Ian & your team, We will be back with more members of our family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family