“Excellent rooms and delicious food”

St Quintin Arms Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Driffield B&B and Inns
Woking, United Kingdom
“Excellent rooms and delicious food”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My Mum, sister and I stayed here whilst visiting family. The rooms were fab, clean, well stocked and there was fresh milk for coffee.
We had dinner in the restaurant and it was yummy! I have also not seen a cooked breakfast like theirs in years. Almost made me wish I wasn't a vegetarian.
I can't recommend the hotel or restaurant highly enough.
We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: Both of our rooms were fab
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just by chance whilst in a shop in Driffield I overheard a conversation regarding St Quintin. "What's it like for Sunday dinna?" I piped up. "Aye lad, the Landlord is a sheep farmer so the Lamb you get won't come any fresher" Lamb just happens to be my favourite meat so my lips were watering already. Duly several days later we decided to take a peepers and have some comestibles. Luckily they did have a lamb slaughtered that very day, and we prepared for a fine banquet of Slow Lamb shank. We ordered and waited patiently for the offering. It was devine. This was washed down with a fine local brew of Wold Gold. Well worth the drive out here and the friendliness and good ale made it even more pleseant for me and the lady wife !! I always keep my ears open whilst out and about looking for soemwhere to put in my little Red Book. I can asure you it is in there in bold ink. St Quintins perpare another Lamb shank - I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were in England looking for our ancestors and with the help of Zoe and Ian, we found them in Lowthorpe, just down the road from where we stayed at their Hotel, the St. Quintin Arms. Zoe and Ian were the most marvelous hosts, they treated us like long lost relatives and went above and beyond the call of duty or service,. The pub was exactly as I imagined an Olde English Pub, rooms were spacious and comfy, the meals were home cooked and delicious and the fresh fruit at breakfast was a real treat. It is a beautiful area, it just looked like a miniature version of our Canadian prairies and the old churches and many folks in the area provided us with good leads to continue our genealogy search. If we ever come back to England we would love to stay again and use St. Quintin Arms as our base and do day trips by hiking, biking or motoring. .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Auneshann
Bedfordshire
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The reviews on trip advisor were so good we were dubious. We were pleasantly surprised that they were spot on. We had a newly refurbished room and it was surperb.The room was spacious likewise the bathroon. The shower was walkin. All finished to a high standard The food was excellent. We are veggie and there was choice on the menu. We asked for a particular dish the second night and she produced it without fuss and it was delicious. The owners were great and nothing was too much trouble. I recommend without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luckytoberetired
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with wife & two (2) children after being let down by our first choice. An excellent choice very friendly owners very helpful if in Yorkshire again will definitely call to book well worth it

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PaulDarwent
Brit in UK
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Small traditional English pub set in tiny off-the-beaten-track village. Excellent food , ales & decent ordinary house wines at affordable prices. The owner and staff are friendly, efficient, welcoming and can't do enough to make your meal a pleasant one.The friends we went there with, who live locally, tell us that thelamb we ate was grown in the field across the road, by the owner! Menu is varied & prepared with delicious fresh ingredients, beautifuly cooked. Will definitely be going back there next time we are in the area, too good to miss!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RoamerBritinUK
Manchester
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited this pub/restaurant twice in the Summer of 2013 and on both occasions did we find the food of exceptional quality and value. The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

It's a pity we live two hours drive away or we would go back there more often.

Room Tip: We only had a meal so I am unable to comment on the rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple