“THE BEST COOKERY SCHOOL IN THE WORLD!!!”

The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Driffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. The School has been finished to a very high specification with the latest appliances and equipment. There is no need to share on our day classes, we have plenty of blenders for everyone! There are four island cooking stations each with a Falcon Rangemaster induction hob and double oven. One of the stations can be lowered to accommodate people who may prefer to sit. We offer bespoke cookery days where you can hire the school and, as an option, stay with us in one of our nine 4* Bed & Breakfast rooms. This experience is ideal for parties, families or business groups wanting the pleasure of cooking and eating together.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I would say it was the most delightful experience.
The rooms warm, spacious and spotless .
Breakfast, delightful, fresh and delicious.
The cookery school itself , well designed with top class equipment and tools and plenty of them, the cookers were fantastic.
The supplied ingredients were of the highest quality (I should know having spent 40+ years in the meat trade)
The course ,well thought out and designed for almost anyone who has a pulse( as we proved).
Our instructor ,Clearly skilful, and in charge.
It was fun and demanding to a point .
All in all a terrific day spent with friends and food to take home as well to share with our dinner guests ( did we look smart)
I have been to several cookery schools in the past including one well known school in Devon and this one is not just better than any one I have visited so far. but better by miles .
It Ain't cheap and cheerful, its the best .the very best I have seen by a long long way.
I heartily recommend it . without reservation of any kind.
You could spend your money here with confidence. and leave for home with a smile on your face .as we did.
Yours Sincerely

"upper crust"
in 5 reviews
"local produce"

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked to attend this course after receiving vouchers as part of a Christmas present in 2011. I felt quite nervous about attending, although I have been cooking for family and friends for about 40 plus years! I need not have worried as the staff were lovely. Our tutor, Ali was superb, explaining everything as she was demonstrating, giving tips and helping out along the way. The kitchen was very professionally laid out with a full range of equipment and the ingredients used were of the highest quality and locally sourced. Our lunch, prepared for us by Ali was lovely. I came away with a fantastic four-course meal for 4 which my husband and I enjoyed with friends that evening. The meal was a great success and I have subsequently made a couple of the recipes which we used. Thank you so much, I am busy recommending you to friends!

Chris Grant - Walkington

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked to attend a vegetarian course which was led by tutor Linda. We cooked a three course meal with good quality ingredients sourced locally which I found ethically sound.Linda had years of culinary experience which she passed on to the group in terms of her skills and tips which were really useful. As usual I learnt a lot and I really had a lovely time and I am looking forward to the next one.

1  Thank YorkshireDaisee
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A second excellent day at the Cookery School! This time a Greek focus, and we came away with 8 portions of a 3 course meal, 4 of which were the basis of a brilliantmeal with friends last night.
The whole day is superb - excellent tuition in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, top quality ingredients and no washing up! Lunch in the package, so sound financially.If you are looking for a special treat, this is a winner!
We live near enough not to stay but the accommodation looks high quality, too!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Having struggled to find a residential to complete my Gold Duke of Edinburgh I was pleased to find this course online. I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was delighted to arrive and find a wonderful set-up. The kitchen was superb, hi-tech but easy to use even for a total beginner. The accommodation was amazing, to a hotel standard but also with that warm and comfortable B&B feel. The atmosphere of the whole week was brilliant, this was down to the lovely staff and my peers on the course. The cooking was really fun and informative and I definitely feel more confident in the kitchen. The class was quite mixed ability but that wasn't a problem with Ali (our teacher) explaining everything from first principles.

1  Thank FrancescaW93_12