“Best Birthday Gift Ever!”

The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Driffield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. The School has been finished to a very high specification with the latest appliances and equipment. There is no need to share on our day classes, we have plenty of blenders for everyone! There are four island cooking stations each with a Falcon Rangemaster induction hob and double oven. One of the stations can be lowered to accommodate people who may prefer to sit. Why not complete your stay in one of our nine on site 4* Bed and Breakfast rooms?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My mum and I attended the 'Yorkshire Born and Bred' day on Saturday 27th August for my birthday treat! I had to put fingers to the keyboard to share what a truly amazing
experience it was. We thoroughly enjoyed the day and are recommending to everyone we meet! Ali made us feel very much at home, her demonstrations were easy to follow and the staff were very friendly and did an excellent job of looking after us. Thank you for the experience.

There are newer reviews for The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We visited the school for a fine wine and fine dining experience , we tried various wines to complement a fabulous meal cooked by Ali , each wine was explained and discussed with Peter Fawcett who was very amusing and full of interesting advice about wines. Our meal surpassed our expectations, using excellent local ingredients. overall a very enjoyable evening and cannot wait to do it again.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I did the Yorkshire Born and Bred course back February this year. I normally tend to avoid spending time in the kitchen at home, probably as I dont know quite what I am doing, but this course gave me so much confidence to try things I previously would not have had the guts to do, Toad in the Hole, Bread and Butter Pudding, Yorkshire Curd Cheesecake were just a few of the 8 dishes I prepared and took home for my husband to enjoy! Well worth a visit and a great idea for a gift!

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I decided to do the sweet treats cookery course at the last moment and was not disappointed. Ali Bilton the resident chef made us feel at home straight away and was a fantastic teacher. She did not rush us and was on hand to help at all times. We made lots in the time including beautiful chocolate panacottas which were suprisinlg simple but tasted wonderful and came home with lots of other lovely treats. Ali provideds the recipies and methods to have a go at home and gives you lots of tips and expert advice along the way. I made a pear and Almond tart today which we made on the course and it was just as good. I cannot reccommend it highly enough and have even booked my next course. In the words of Arnold Schwarzneggar "I'll be back".

Reviewed May 17, 2011

My darling wife booked me on the "Gentlemen Please" course for beginners like me, bless her, and I had a wonderful time. Ali certainly does have a tallent for making cooking enjoyable and fun. The Rack of Lamb with balsamic, chilli and rosemary glaze tasted all the better for me cooking it. I will be booking myself on another "Gentlemen Please" evening when they release new dates as unfortunately I am on holiday for the 11th of July.

1  Thank Paul_M_King