“Special Birthday Buffet Breakfast”
Review of Monroe's Restaurant - CLOSED

Monroe's Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

At the end of April the Manager Trevor organised a buffet breakfast/brunch for me to celebrate my 60th birthday. 40 people attended and everyone had a super time, more than enough food including seconds was available. Unlimited tea and coffee were provided by the staff, who were attentive, courteous and polite. It was a most lovely way to celebrate my special birthday as I did not want a big party. Well done Trevor and staff at Buffers.
We have attended Buffers now for Sunday lunches, evening meal and breakfast when Buffers used to serve it on a Saturday morning. All good value meals served politely by courteous staff.
Sadly breakfasts have now stopped because of lack of numbers taking up this lovely way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday morning for hardly any money!
I think if Trevor were to introduce Saturday morning breakfasts again, he might have more interested parties if my guests at my "Birthday buffet" are anything to go by. I would certainly love to set up a "Breakfast Club" How about it Trevor? Let me know on the text club and we can get it on the go!

1  Thank Lesley F

Reviewed May 7, 2012

THE STEAK DINNER FOR TWO WITH A BOTTLE OF HOUSE WINE PROVED TO BE EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.CHOICE OF STARTER OR DESSRT INCLUDED £19.95. Lovely home made soup for the starter and sirloin steak served with choice of potatoes homemmade onion rings,griled tomato,field mushroom,side saladand then we got a dish of fresh veg too.It was served quickly and tasted lovely too.. We have been back twice now for the same deal and taken the family for Sunday lunch twice. We will be going back.

2  Thank elvisthepelvis
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Sorry about this...but was the worse afternoon tea ever..sandwiches..beef awful..cheese stale..ham nice..egg ok..smoked salmon or tuna would have been nice..usually on for most afternoon teas...Cakes..well.choc.swiss roll,choc.cupcake.choc.shortcake. no scones!! this is afternoon tea..isn"t it!! sorry but awful..not a good advertisment for this restaurant...Can"t have been because it was busy..nobody in ..

1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Had booked with Groupon as it is always nice to try different places and The Buffers restaurant in Driffield was a little gem of a place to find. Next to the railway would not have been a location I would have gone to, but I'm so glad I did. My wife and I were welcomed and shown our table in a very pleasant, nicely decorated dining area and given just the right amountof time to settle before being asked what drinks and what we would like to order. Despite there being a few things not available from the menu, there was still a wide choice. The mixed grill was very tender and tasty as was the sweet and sour chicken. We were so full we asked to wait before being served the pudding, again the right time was given without us feeling pressured in any way.
Good sized portions and pleasant relaxing atmosphere, despite an odd couple of trains passing.
One odd thing noticed was the door with 'restaurant' on it opened into the bar area and not the restaurant.
Definately recommend and will go again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

bloody awful food long wait didnt know how many were in the poarty or what food was ordered despite being told. not a good day

Trevor D, Owner at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

In response to your review wondering why this has not been brought to my attention sooner!! First i would like to add that we done over 70 covers and also done 30+ Meals on Wheels on Christmas day and apart from this review have had no complaints about the food as you can imagine it is a very busy time and there may have been some confusion about your party size as we was so busy but this was sorted. We are sorry that you fill you had a bad experience, but at the end of the day you can not please everybody.