“Staff exceptional and so peaceful”

Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend in a basic caravan, which was very clean and tidy. Even a small tray of tea bags, coffee and sugar sachets were provided. The staff were brilliant. We had some problems putting on our fire, but staff arrived promptly to fix it and when security were unavailable, another member of staff gave us a fire as a temporary measure, until the friendly security man (Ray) came shortly afterwards.
I would like to return just because the staff were so good, the views fabulous and it was peaceful, but the only negative was that our caravan was very, very close to others and in the car we had to negotiate several other caravans to get to ours. However, not all the caravans are so tightly packed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thanks so much for leaving your kind comments on your recent stay with us. All the staff here really do try so hard to make everyone’s stay the best it can be so reading your review pleases me. In some areas of the park the caravans are close to each other and I fully understand the issues with manoeuvring a vehicle round however next month we are due to be getting some new roads through-out the park and I am positive this will help with this problem. I do hope we see you and your family again soon, many thanks again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

our forth visit ,stopped in silver plus caravan, very clean and lots of room ,entertainment was great ,club is safe for younger ones ,staff are helpful and friendly ,great views of beach and little village ,about 3 miles from bridlington ,we enjoyed our stay .we will be returning

Room Tip: it was cold in march so we took extra bedding
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank paulsb

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review on your recent stay with us. It's great when we get returning guests come back time and time again as it shows all the hard work behind the scenes is paying off. I look forward to welcoming you back to Barmston Beach very soon, cheers

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here on the 21/03/2014 for a long weekend. We got a great deal on Groupon What can I say apart from great park.
The staff are so friendly and will help with anything you need. The static was clean and tidy and the beds made.
This park is so peaceful and the views are wonderful I recommend everyone stay here. There is some great walks on the cliff top to walk your dogs and walk yourself.
With the weather over the winter you can see that part off the cliff has been taken by the sea. There is no safe place to get down to the sea but someone has has cut some steps out for people to use.

Lovely park and I will be booking again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Over the winter months we have spent a lot of time and money on ensuring Barmston Beach looks amazing for this new season and it’s nice to get reviews like this after the long winter. The access to the beach is now open again so when you return you will be able to walk straight onto the sand directly from the park. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave these comments and I hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Barmston beach is the hidden gem of the east coast. Close enough to Bridlington and surround areas to drive very easily but out of the hussle of Bridlington town centre. Located in a very quiet little village 6 miles or so out of brid with superb views out to sea. The eroding cliffs are a sight in themselfs although don't worry about previous reviews, the caravan park will be there for a fair few years yet! Take a walk along the cliff edge and you'll see the WWII look out posts, fascinating history in really good condition. The beach is clean and due to location very quiet. The park it's self is very good, facilities include, out door play area, out door heated pool (seasonal), club house, shop, laundrette and indoor soft play. If you are thinking of booking, stop hesitating and get it booked, you will not be disappointed. Well done to all staff at barmston beach

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank chris1979lufc
Park R, General Manager at Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank your for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased you enjoyed yourself whilst staying with us. All the staff really do try very hard to make sure that we give you the best holiday experience possible. The eroding cliffs really are interesting showing all the different chalk / stone lines throughout the many hundreds of thousands of years. The WW11 bunkers are also great history showing what it was like on the front line 100 years ago. I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My friend and I came last year for a special newspaper promotional holiday.Although the place is a bit remote and out of the way it was within driving distance to some interesting places.
We were greeted by a very attractive friendly blonde receptionist and we thought that if all the ladies look like this up here then its a good place to be..
I was worried our caravan woukld be near the edge of the sea as in the past many have dissapeared.I would say if you are going here go as soon as you can because the reception and entertainment area may be next in line to disappear into the sea.
I wanted to go and swim in the sea but it was all roped off.
All in all is was pleasant but I wouldn't promise to be going ther again.

Room Tip: The less rooms you have in a caravan the bigger the rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank for for taking the time to post your review. I like your analogy of “the lost caravan park of Atlantis” as I like to think of Barmston as the perfect place to just get away from all the day to day grinds that all so many of us have and just relax in a stunning setting overlooking Bridlington & Flamborough. The eroding cliffs are so interesting here but don’t worry we have many years yet to come! I do hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a great week at Barmston Beach the service was excellent as always and sarah and Tony were superb at entertaining the kids. I would recommend Barmston to anybody that wants a nice relaxing weekend or week away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ginner_30
Park R, General Manager at Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello and thanks for the review.

So pleased you had a great week with us and I will pass on your kind words to Sarah & Tony. They really do try hard to keep everyone entertained!

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Barmston Beach

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I booked a gold plus caravan because it was the last weekend of the season and knew it would be a bit chilly. When I went to Reception, Michelle remembered us which was nice and she was very helpful. The caravan was brilliant and fire lit when we went in. Caught the bus into Bridlington on Saturday and it dropped you back early evening. Very windy night but caravan fabulous and cosy and then Sunday we drove to Flamborough to visit the lighthouse and then onto Bempton cliffs, weather lovely and sunny and loved our view from the caravan overlooking fields and Bridlington bay. I'm afraid we didn't venture to the clubhouse as it was very cold and our caravan was nice but Ben (7) went to the play gym a couple of times and enjoyed that very much. I have promised him we would return March (when it opens) May (when pool opens) and October again. We love our relaxing breaks at Barmston and the beach is brilliant, very rugged but beautiful and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Louise S

Hi Louise,

I am so pleased you all enjoyed it and are planning to return.

The views from the park really are stunning.

I do hope to see you and Ben again soon.

Barmston Beach
01262 468 202

Also consider these accommodations in or near Driffield
Best Western The Bell In Driffield
The Crown Spa Hotel
The Crown Spa Hotel
#6 of 26 in Scarborough
Skipsea Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Thornwick Bay Holiday Village
Crows Nest Caravan Park
Skirlington Leisure Park

Been to Barmston Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!