Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Spot on

Been here a few times over the years and it’s improving each time... I love the feel of it being a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Danhudson
Dunton Bassett, United Kingdom
via mobile
Wonderful

Wonderful day out...great combination of rides and animals mixed into the same venue. Shows good... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jay S
London, England, United Kingdom

2,739 results
All reviews roller coaster tractor ride duck trials lamb feeding indoor play area all ages combat zone great family day swan boats beer tasting piggy tractor tesco vouchers soft play go karts end of the day value for money great fun
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came to the BIG sheep with my 4 month old baby and 3 year old, the farm was quiet and we pretty much had it all to ourselves. There were plenty of rides which my 3 year old enjoyed and also had fun in the soft play area. The shows were great, and the staff (I think Alex) presenting were very funny and put a lot of effort to ensure you enjoyed them. I must also say every member of staff was cheerful and friendly, my daughter went on the swing ride and the man attending slowed the ride right down so it wasn’t too high so she could enjoy it. The only criticism is the price, it cost us £40, I had to pay £1.60 for my 4 month old to go (I’m not tight but feel this was unnecessary at that age as they mainly sleep, which she did for the whole day). I feel adult prices should be lowered as it is mainly aimed at children, there are brewery tours but not everyone drinks especially when driving. The only other down side was the timing of the sheep race, sadly we missed this as it’s at the end of the day 3.50pm and after we’d arrived at 10am my 3 year old was exhausted so we left at 2.45pm. Overall a day thoroughly enjoyed my my daughter and the staff are a credit to the farm.

Date of experience: September 2019
thebigsheep, Operations Manager at The Big Sheep., responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Rachel, thank you for taking the time to review your day, and for your structured comments regarding sheep race timing and entry price for adults and babies, we will certainly take these on board when reviewing things for 2020. Its lovely to hear your praise for the flock too! Thank you and we look forward to welcoming ewe back again soon :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are currently on holiday in the area. We visited the park today and absolutely loved it ! .
Our little boy is just under a year old and really enjoyed feeding and interacting with all the animals.
The sheep show was one of our favourite parts and the chap who presented it was funny and informative and seemed to genuinely care about the animals.
Super day out and highly recommend!

Date of experience: September 2019
thebigsheep, Operations Manager at The Big Sheep., responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Natalie, we hope that you're having a lovely holiday in North Devon and are enjoying this gorgeous weather! Thank you for visiting us during your stay and for the wonderful review! I will make sure that Showman John gets to hear your praise too!

We look forward to welcoming you and your little lamb again when you are next in the area :)

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We travelled from Torquay to the big sheep online it's made out to have more rides than they actually have,I dont think it's worth the money we laid which was over £55,we fed the lambs which was good, I think price shouldn't be as much as they charge as not loads to do .. also one bag of food is enough to feed the sheep, we definitely wont be coming back in a hurry

1  Thank Jade B

Hello Jade, we're sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your visit to The BIG Sheep. I'm not sure how our website makes out we have more rides than we actually do though - everything shown on our website is here and open from 10am to 5pm each day. As well as 8 ride attractions, we have the jumping pillows, trampolines, swing boats, go-karts, Splashzone and Battlefield Devon. Plus there are 9 daily shows and the animal barn and indoor play area to enjoy. We're glad that you enjoyed feeding the baby lambs.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

We had an okay day here but the park was predominantly for older children, unfortunately our 2 year old wasn’t tall enough to go on the rides. Expensive to get in and food not great. Wouldn’t come again until son about 4

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Furbs2014

We're sorry to hear that you felt there wasn't enough for your 2 year old to do here. Children under 3ft are charged less for entry because they can't ride the roller coaster or the twister ride, however he would have been able to enjoy the tractor safari, carousel, piggy tractor, swan pedalos, train ride and honeypots. He would also have had the indoor play area, animal barn, trampolines and jumping pillows. When you next visit us please speak to a member of staff if you are not happy with your visit. They will go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy your day with us.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We went to the Big Sheep yesterday 14/09 with our son,daughter-in-law and two granddaughters (13 months and 3 years). We were all hugely impressed with the amount and variety of things to do and all e visit represented brilliant value for money. Would completely recommend and will return. Thanks to all.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your day. It sounds like you made some lovely family memories on your day with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your flock back again soon!