“Entertaining for children”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Entertaining for children”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited as we were staying locally in the area and needed something to do indoors as the weather was so bad. We visited with our grandson whilst the Halloween activities were on. On arrival, our grandson was given a free cuddly toy as we had a voucher from out holiday park. We started off in the soft play area. I did wonder whether our grandson was slightly too old for it, even though there is a notice up saying it is suitable to up to 10 years olds, I did find the entry fee slightly expensive for adults who are just going to sit and watch the children play. I thing the attraction is mainly used by local residents, as when we ventured out to participate in the outdoor attractions, we seemed to be the only people there, We had great fun in the maze, We had a game of crazy gold, went panning for bones and our grandson enjoyed playing on the pirate ship. He also enjoyed playing on the jumping cushion and also played for a while in the sun. I felt that at 6 years of age his was slightly too old for the sand diggers. The lady in the gift shop was really friendly. Being halloween week, our grandson ended up with a few free gifts from participating in things. He got a prize from doing the maze and a certificate from the panning.

Visited November 2012

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great value for family”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Fantasitic place I'd be amazed if you can't lose a day here, wet or dry. We got in for half price as we got a voucher from big sheep (owned by the same people) so less than £13 for a family of 4 with kids aged 6 and 8. Food was reasonable too. Everything was working and if it wasn't you only had to ask for them to open it, also the girls got prizes for gold panning as well as completing the maze. Great fun.

1 Thank SinnermanKO
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family day out”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

fantastic day out for all the family. my husband took the children here why the girls went shopping at the factory outlet shopping centre right next door. The children had a great day looking for gold, trying to find all the gold coins in the maze to get a little prize at the end if u ever go to bideford bay be sure to take a trip here xx

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Christina B
Rhondda Cynon Taf, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“A great day out for the kids and a chance to shop if you have time.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Now I am not one for shopping and a retail outlet is the last place I would rather be seen during my holidays but this is not just a shopping outlet. Placed at the side of a retail outlet is a little haven for kidsand some adults that I am sure many people have looked in and decided that its just not worth it....... but oh it is ....it really is.......

The Admission prices are as follows (on 27th July 2012)

Children £ 8.50

Adults £ 4.95

Children under 2 £ 3.50

Senior Citizens £ 4.50

Now that seems pricey if you just look in through the gates but look around for some brochures and local press and you may find some discounts available. We allways look in local press as they usually have discounts for local attractions.

Now having visited the Big Sheep we were given discount vouchers to visit Atlantis and we are so glad that we did. It is a great little place for the kids (I suppose up to the ages of between 2 and up to 10 or 11) who will want to spend a good three or four hours having fun fun fun. I guess if yuo look through the entrance area (like we did) you only see a three or four rides but beyound that you will not see. They have an indoor play area for the younger kids a outdoor Pirates ship for the older kids ( some areas are suitable for younger Pirates) and the whole place seems to have the Pirate theme runing through it.

First Layer of the site they have Trampolines that they charge £ 4 per go and two for £ 6 but when we were there they had a special on that for £ 4 you could have two goes so as we have twins that was a a go each for them. Then they have the rides for the little kids, A Teddy Bears Hunny Pot ride that goes around and around and spins like a kiddies tea cup ride, then they have a round about with a boating theme, then they have a ship that goes to and fro. There is also a CAfe inside the large building to the left that also houses the indoor play area which kids from 1 - 11 can let of steam in any wet weather. The food is average for a touristy area and is very nicely presented and the coffee (not tea drinkers so can't comment) was OK if a little over priced.

Then up on the second level they have a very large Bouncing Pillow which is like a huge bed that we all can bounce on (even us dads) ...... The kids let off some steam on this one. Then they can feed the Goldfish for 20p and visit the shop for some averagely priced gifts. There is also a toilet block at the side of the shop that was the cleanes I have seen in a site of this type.

On the upper level they have a maze that has various signs to look out for to crack a code to allow the kids to win prizes in the shop. They are able to go to the Gold Gulch and pan for gold that they can also take to the shop to get a small prize. These prices are not big prizes but as they are free surely they cannot be expected to be high quality but even these are worth between 50p and a £1 for a notepad or some stickers. While we were there they had an additional Olympic quiz that was great fun and very topical for the kids to do. Again another prize was to be won. This top layer also houses the crazy golf area which for a hire of a golf ball (£ 1 deposit that was returned with the ball) and all the clubs available at the golf hut. Finally there were the Large Pirates Play Ship that the kids spend a hour on running around like fools letting their imagination run wild.

After all of this we then decided that the wife wanted to look around the shops so she got a few hours shopping done the kids had four hours of fun running around a great site and me well I just paid the money and watched my loved ones doing what they love most ........ spending my money !!!!!! But hey I am on holidays and that apparently is part of the fun.

So please if you are in the area and are looking through those gates thinking is it worth it .......

YES IT IS ..................

Visited July 2012
1 Thank whiteshodan
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pretty good”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was very good for the children to have fun after shopping but they got bored after a while and we had to leave but overall it was ok

Visited August 2012