“Great Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bideford
hants
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here last weekend for our 30th wedding anniversary-had a lovely weekend other than the weather.
The staff at this hotel could not be more helpful and friendly, everybody had a smile and took the time to pass the time of day.
The food was lovely, with a nice selection -breakfast was cooked to order and was always piping hot and very tasty-as with others who have reviewed this hotel we booked on a "Groupon
deal" but treated just like other guests.
We would like to say "Thank You" for the anniversary card that we had on our table at Dinner
on Saturday night-was a lovely touch.
All in all, we would not think twice to recommend this hotel to friend and family

travexLondon, Owner at Hoops Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor - we are delighted that you enjoyed your special break! Our team work hard to ensure that the food, beverages and service are good and it is nice to read that all was good for you. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Food: simply fantastic, rating amongst the best , if not THE best I have ever tasted: orgasmic!
Staff: wonderfully courteous, friendly, helpful on the whole - one member a little brusque. Reception sometimes takes a while to respond, and nobody explained where we should go for breakfast, nor that we could/should choose to book a table either in the restaurant or the bar.
Room comfortable, clean, but not as luxurious as some of the pictures suggest, and I was VERY disappointed to be told that the spa bath wasn't connected! I was expecting luxury, but perhaps you have to upgrade, or not go as a Groupon customer? I emailed to ask for suggestions as to how I could make my partners birthday weekend extra special but am still waiting for a reply. Having read about customers' upgrades/cakes to table etc ( I was actually only after some local advice!) I have to say I am disappointed, I was looking for something EXTRA special to make it perfect. BUT the food more than made up for it, truly superb, and we LOVED the places we explored especially Croyde and Appledore.

Room Tip: Room 15 has background buzz and spa bath not connected! I would like to try a more luxurious room!
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited late March for a 2 night mini break with my partner and I was really impressed with The Hoops Inn. I had eaten here on holidays in the past and found it great so I had high hopes. I was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food was lovely with a good selection of traditional pub food items on there for all tastes and the breakfast had a wide variety of choice too. The rooms were nice and clean. We had visited on the Groupon offer so I wondered if we may have been treated differently as we hadn't paid the same as others had but this was not the case at all.
I would happily recommend this place and will definitely be visiting again when in the area. Thank you Hoops Inn!

travexLondon, Owner at Hoops Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor and for your positive comments which we will pass onto our team. It is great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We have recently redecorated all of our rooms and have purchased new beds and carpets for all the standard coach house rooms so they are all looking good! We treat all our customers in the same way regardless of whether you are staying on a special deal or not! We do hope you will come and visit us again soon.
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

we booked this out of the blue. when we arrived ,early, we were advised that our room was not ready and would we like to transfer to a superior room and have a free drink. we accepted both. the room contained a four poster bed and all the trimming including a bathroom fit for royalty.
we hade dinner that evening which was superb in a very busy bar which consisted of 5 separate rooms all buzzing with conversation and the local beer was excellent.
day 2 we transferred to a standard room, which the hotel did, so we were not put out at all.
next evening slight mix up on a table not booked in bar was sorted out quickly with free drinks?magnificent.
breakfast was extensive and the surroundings magic
will go again

Room Tip: have superior room if possible
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We went to Hoops Inn for a drink on the Friday night and liked it so much we decided to book a table for Saturday night. We did not want to drive on the Saturday and mentioned this at the bar to find out about taxi's. The manager offered to pick us up from where we were staying and drive us back afterwards. He collected us at the agreed time and we had a fantastic evening. Food was excellent and so was the service. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Many thanks for making our weekend.

1 Thank Patricia H
UK and Spain
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed for one night on a Groupon voucher and so it was definitely good value. The room was fine and the bed firm and comfortable. We had an excellent meal with good real ale and wine. Breakfast was good too and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The gardens looked lovely and would be a great place to spend time in the summer. Would recommend.

Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was treated to a two night stay at the Hoops Inn by my lovely lady for my birthday. This place serves some of the best food we have ever tasted. I had the smoked Haddock, poached egg, spinach, and mash on the first night and the Beer battered fish chips the second. My partner tried the meat dishes - Lamb with Samphire on one night with Sausage and Mash the other. I wish i could remember more of the menu but if you want to try any of the meals mentioned, you should recognise them. The food is served with good quantity, hot and with the most amazing tastes. I have eaten a lot of fish in my time, but never, never have I eaten anything with the extraordinary subtle smokiness of the Haddock. Cooked to perfection with a perfect poached egg (egg and fish are strange bedfellows but oddly work well). All the meat dishes were of the same standard, lean and cooked to the specified requirement. I have taken time to search out a supply of Samphire for the spring (when it is in season), and have been happy with the result UNTIL NOW....... Again cooked to perfection, sweet and tender while still retaining the salty taste of the sea. We were catered for as you would expect from an establishment with this kind of reputation. Courteous staff, well trained, well mannered and always a smile. The only reason that I have not given a full 5 out of 5 is because the room that we stayed in (15) was a bit noisy. Not from other guests but from a constant humming (don't know what it was - heating pipe or maybe a fan ?), Other than that small thing, I would definitely recommend The Hoops Inn to anyone wanting a first class stay in a first class Inn, with A1 first class food !!! The locality of the Inn gives the guest every option that you could want for the North Devon coast. Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Westwood Ho!, Appledore, Torrington, and my favourite place Croyde Bay are all within easy reach. Or you have a wonderful cliff walk (about 3 hours) to Clovelly. Make sure you are fit and able though - 3 hours there - a steep 400 foot walk to the boottom - back up again - and 3 hours back, not for the faint hearted. All in all, I would (and hopefully will) return sometime soon (just not to room 15 !).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bideford
Premier Inn Bideford Hotel
#8 of 12 in Bideford
New Inn
New Inn
#2 of 2 in Clovelly

Been to Hoops Inn? Share your experiences!