“A huge thankyou ....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bideford
Hartland House Spa and Cottages
Braunton, United Kingdom
“A huge thankyou ....”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently returned from a short break at Hartland House Spa and quite simply this is Devon hospitality as it shoud be. Excellent facilities, wonderful accommodation in a really pretty part of the country. Thank you Melissa and Megan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
South Molton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We came to Hartland House spa as a group of 6 for my 21st birthday. Melissa was very helpful when emailing her to arrange the day and when we got to the spa we weren't disappointed. We all had a lovely day, it was really quiet and so relaxing. The spa was amazing, the food was yummy and the therapists were lovely too! The treatments were also fab. We could not fault the day at all and we cannot wait to go back to Hartland House spa. BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Louise J
Devon
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have spent the day here today with my friend and we both had an amazing day!! We had the full day package the ONLY bad thing about the day is that it went way to quick!!! If you are thinking of booking half the day treat yourself and book the whole day! Melissa was really lovely and could not have done anything more for us! I am a vegetarian and she made sure that their was food i liked! Have never felt so relaxed! I am normaly ready to go home after a day out but could have truly stayed here forever! Our treatments were lovely and the whole place was immaculatly clean! Thank u so much for a lovely day! Cannot wait to come back again!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Katie S
Devon
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Myself and a friend were booked in for a 'spa morning' and the only downside was, I wished it had been for the day!! The place is rural and out 'in the sticks', but even on a cold, wet day, the views were stunning. We were greeted by Melissa, who was very friendly and professional. We were provided with immaculately white fluffy robes, slippers and towels and served morning tea from a 'Cath Kidston' tea set..my fave range and a lovely touch for this middle aged mum! While my friend went downstairs to the treatment room, I was shown how to work the hot tub and sauna and then was left to enjoy them and a relaxing swim in the pool. Other clients appointments are staggered, so you get a feeling of solitude and peace. All too quickly, it was my turn to go to the treatment room to have my Indian head massage, and the shoulders and back massage was totally amazing! After this, we spent time in the tastefully decorated 'Relaxation room' and then it was time for lunch which consisted of sandwiches, a pot of tea and Devon scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam. My friend is allergic to strawberries, but this was no problem, as Melissa provided her with Devon apple jam...delicious! It would have been lovely to use the pool and spa again, but all too quickly, our time was up and we had to go. Every room was immaculately clean,beautifully decorated and warm. Soothing music added to the calm, relaxed atmosphere. I felt relaxed for days after....so well done Melissa and staff and Thankyou! I didn't realize this asset was on my doorstep, so now I know, I hope to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank DevonKinnielover
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I cannot go into enough detail about how incredible this place is. I stayed for a week, in a place so remote that a short walk was needed just to get phone signal, let alone internet. It made me realise how dependent I am on all those things which didn't even exist a few years ago, and how much they raise my stress levels. In the ideal surroundings of Hartland, in a bespoke cottage for two, everything about this location is set up for an enjoyable visit. I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but such was the accumulated experience, it's hard to write a review and just focus on the little details, as there was so much positivity that I couldn't even put into words. The food was incredible, the services fantastic, Mel (who was running the place) was a fantastic person, I couldn't have hoped for more.

Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ma0sm
Bideford
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you need to unwind then this is the place for you; the location is stunning and the facilities and staff are brilliant. I am now a regular visitor to the spa to get a massage with one of the excellent therapists. A real asset for Hartland and the surrounding area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Trustmyreview999
Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friend an I booked a spa morning at this fabulous spa while we were staying in North Devon with our families. They are right on the website, the journey is somewhat rural and satnav is a must but it was worth it. Hartland Spa is absolutely stunning in its surroundings, Melissa and Claire were wonderfully attentive and the spa is a pure sanctuary, a perfect girls or couples retreat. We are booking a girlie weekend soon! I would definitely recommend Hartland House spa.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Cara M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bideford
Saunton Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Appledore
Surf Bay Holiday Park
Surf Bay Holiday Park
#2 of 9 in Westward Ho

Been to Hartland House Spa and Cottages? Share your experiences!