Hartland House Spa and Cottages
The Royal Hotel(Bideford)
$118
Hotels.com
$155
Premier Inn Bideford Hotel(Bideford)(Great Value!)
$67
PremierInn.com
All reviewshen partysmall poolhigh standardretreatbreak
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I cannot go into enough detail about how incredible this place is. I stayed for a week, in a place so remote that a short walk was needed just to get phone signal, let alone internet. It made me realise how dependent I am on all those things which didn't even exist a few years ago, and how much they raise my stress levels. In the ideal surroundings of Hartland, in a bespoke cottage for two, everything about this location is set up for an enjoyable visit. I may sound like I'm exaggerating, but such was the accumulated experience, it's hard to write a review and just focus on the little details, as there was so much positivity that I couldn't even put into words. The food was incredible, the services fantastic, Mel (who was running the place) was a fantastic person, I couldn't have hoped for more.

Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ma0sm
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you need to unwind then this is the place for you; the location is stunning and the facilities and staff are brilliant. I am now a regular visitor to the spa to get a massage with one of the excellent therapists. A real asset for Hartland and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Trustmyreview999
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friend an I booked a spa morning at this fabulous spa while we were staying in North Devon with our families. They are right on the website, the journey is somewhat rural and satnav is a must but it was worth it. Hartland Spa is absolutely stunning in its surroundings, Melissa and Claire were wonderfully attentive and the spa is a pure sanctuary, a perfect girls or couples retreat. We are booking a girlie weekend soon! I would definitely recommend Hartland House spa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cara M
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Took my partner for his birthday and although they advertise this as an afternoon package we actually had ours booked as a morning package which was perfect for us . We both had a fantastic time, the location is wonderful as is the service and the facilities. We made good use of all the facilities and were lucky enough to have a dry day so enjoyed our lunch out on the terrace. The treatments we booked as part of our package were wonderful. I had the luxury facial and my partner the Swedish massage both fantastic, it is such a relaxing atmosphere and although there were other guests we barely saw them so it felt very private. We left feeling very chilled and would defiantly book again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Clare F
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My friend and I recently spent a brilliant half day at this fab venue. The staff were exceptional with amazing attention to detail. Claire the beautician was superb, so professional! We will be back, I would love to think on a regular basis!! I fully recommend Hartland House Spa. Thank you everyone there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends