“Fabulous Food,Location and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Palio 2 - CLOSED

Il Palio 2
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Food,Location and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having just spent the best evening in IL Palio I have to share this with others - as much as I would like to keep a secret. Food was fabulous, service great, and having arrived at 6.30pm left at 9.30pm and was in no way rushed. I don't get the previous reviews and thankfully chose to ignore them for their total inaccuracy! All I can say is they should have gone elsewhere and obviously don't like authentic Italian and much prefer ready meals!!!! Keep up the good work and will be back - of that you can guarantee! Thank you so much - Fabulous.

• Visited April 2013

lakenheath
“Good food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in Brockenhurst for a few days and went here on a dull Sunday night. The food was very good and the staff friendly and entertaining. Lovely wine!

• Visited February 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Ok, but could do better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to go out for a meal on inpulse and went to Brockenhurst to look for somewhere to eat on a Friday night. We remembered we had been to this restaurant some years ago and thought we would give it another go. It was only half full and we easily got a table despite not booking.

If you look at the reviews of this restaurant overall, it ranges from excellent to terrible which suggests inconsistency and I think that word sums up our evening. There was nothing wrong with the service or speed of delivery of the food (hardly surprising, as it wasn't busy). However, the food was reasonable without being special.As a starter I had mushrooms with miced parma ham, but there was little in the way of distinctive tastes. My wife had pate but her toast was overdone to almost burnt. She enjoyed her main of pancakes with spinach and ricotta, while I had the risotto marinara. This was quite tasty, with a spicy tomato sauce and plenty of seafood, but I did bite into little bits of grit, suggesting the shellfish could have been washed better. This was served with a garlic bread, which was incredibly salty.

So, all in all it was ok, but to be somewhhere where I would consider going again I would need to have a meal where everything was of the same high standard

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Martyn A
London, United Kingdom
“Bache”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Many Thanks, very Italian. Good choices on the whole, a bit more of us veggies would be nice but overall had a lovely time.

• Visited March 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Smashing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

A really super authentic Italian restaurant. We have been visiting for over 20 years. The food is of a very high standard and the staff are really friendly. Its a shame we live so far away in Yorkshire!

• Visited February 2013