“BIRTHDAY”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness, focusing on the health of the mind, body and spirit. SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions, SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies and mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had a spa day there 21/3/14 for my 50th birthday , it was awesome!!! food, staff , facilities were just fab!!! well done all the staff in the sen spa you have made amazing memories for me x

Lina L, Spa Director at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2014

Dear Suzie

Thank you for review of SenSpa. We are honoured that you chose to spend your 50th birthday with us and delighted that we provided an experience that was worthy of it. Thank you for your kind words. It makes what we do here worthwhile.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The SenSpa is a beautifully warm spa, the staff are welcoming and the facilities are divine. The food is delicious and the array of smoothies and teas offered were the perfect way to enjoy during our moments in the Relaxation Room. I had a massage with a lovely friendly masseuse who made me feel totally relaxed and at ease. My gay partner and I felt completely accepted, it was wonderful to spend the day together feeling so relaxed and welcome by the staff, it was a completely warming experience. I would recommend the SenSpa and Careys Manor Hotel to anyone, it is truly a taste of Thai paradise.

Dear Greta

'Warm and welcoming' and 'Thai delight' are words that resonate strongly with what we aim to provide and I am delighted that is what you experienced. Thank you so much for taking the time to review SenSpa. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I went to Senspa for a birthday treat, we normally go to another local spa but had heard Senspa was better.
Having had a particularly traumatic week we arrived exhausted and I was very hungry as I hadn't eaten the day before. We were taken straight to breakfast where a delightful array of fruits, yoghurt & cereals solved my immediate problem. After breakfast were then shown around and provided with all we needed for our day.
The hydrotherapy suite is perfect and possibly the best I have been to, the range of experience showers steam rooms, sauna hot and cold rooms was a delight. The pool itself is spacious and has the usual range of jets.
Time passed very fast and we realised it was time for lunch, this was an excellent Thai meal in the restaurant in our robes all very relaxed, the food was beautiful very authentic.
After lunch we had a snooze in the relaxation room, reading magazines provided and drinking tea and juices.
We then went for our massages which were also excellent.
After another relaxation session this time in the quiet room we went back to the hydro suite and didn't leave until 8pm
Staff were very attentive and there seemed to be plenty of staff something which is often lacking in other establishments. From the moment you step inside the place soothes you with its smells and calming music.
Well Done we will definitely be returning

Thank you very much for your lovely review of SenSpa. I am delighted that we were able to provide an immersive spa experience that you would like to experience again. We really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I brought my friend for her birthday for the rhassoul spa day we also booked SenHarmony Face and Body Treatment each to truly pamper ourselves.

When we arrived I was impressed by the beautiful ambiance of the Spa with the twinkling candles and oil burners everywhere. We changed into our dressing gowns and we shown through to the restaurant for breakfast which was a lovely fresh buffet of fruit cereal and toast with an array of juice,coffee and tea.

The mud room was an experience in itself with steam, lights, scents and then an automatic shower would love one in my bathroom at home would be a lovely way to wake up every day. We then made full use of all the many facilities in the spa the hydrotherapy pool was fantastic and I also loved the tepidarium . The whole place was busy but never over crowded the only slight niggle was that the non slip pool shoes were actually very slippy we saw one guest nearly fall down stairs and mine fell off causing me to trip on several occasions and made strange sucking noises.

Lunch was beautiful the food was so fresh and well presented the staff were attentive but not intrusive and kept our juice topped up and gave my friend a balloon for her birthday which I thought was a nice touch.

We relaxed in the quiet room before having our massages and facials I enjoyed my treatment and was left feeling so relaxed it was a shame to have to go home. We signed up to become Spa members and have 4 spa days a year as we enjoyed the experience so much I think this is the only way we could bare to leave was if we knew for sure we would be going back soon. We will bring our own flip flops next time and can't wait until our next spa day.......

Lina L, Manager at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest
What a lovely idea to treat your friend to a Spa Day at SenSpa for her birthday. I am so pleased you both had a wonderful day and really appreciate you taking the trouble to write such a fabulous review. I especially value receiving feedback not only about all the things that impressed you most but also any areas you feel we could improve upon to enhance your spa experience even further. With regards to the non-slip pool shoes, we are certainly not aware of there being any problems with them and having looked into I can only think that you were given the wrong sizes for which I must apologise profusely. I am really delighted that you have signed up to SenSpa’s Exclusive Membership. Our Full Spa Day and Evening Indulgence memberships for either 4 days per year, or 4 evening spa experiences for those who cannot always spare a full day, to share with friends and loved ones really are the perfect way to put healthy living, pampering and enjoyment at the heart of your lifestyle.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back again very shortly.
With best wishes
Lina & The Team

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Firstly, I would like to say that the overall experience was positive. We really had a relaxing day, but there were a few little niggles that have made me not recommend this to friends who have asked me about it.
My husband bought me a detox day for my 50th birthday and I had been looking forward to it enormously.
The receptionist was friendly and the welcome and checkout was easy. We were given a drink on arrival and shown to the changing rooms. The ladies' changing room was spacious with lockers that included a hanging space and hangers. A robe was included, as were a pair of non slip mules.
There were also plenty of fluffy towels available.
The treatments were very good and the therapists friendly, However, there seemed to be a bit of a communication problem. I asked about a product and the question was not answered, I don't think the lady understood.
I had a fabulous body scrub, and towards the end, the therapist started tugging at my hairband.As I had an eye mask on I did not know what she was doing and this was not relaxing. I realized that the treatment was ending with a head massage. This had not been explained. At the end I asked for my hairband to tie my hair back, but she had lost it !
This was repeated at my facial when the therapist started tugging at the spa band around my wrist, Again I was not expecting an arm massage and would have welcomed an explaination as she was working.
That said, they were excellent treatments. (My skin was soft and glowing the next day)
Next thing -the lunch : Again friendly service, lovely surroundings, and top quality Thai food. However, when ordering drinks we noticed that smoothies had a price next to them. Water and juices did not, so we presumed they were part of our inclusive two course lunch. We ordered some sparkling water and before my husband had finished it, someone came along and topped it up with tap water ! They brought us a new bottle, but at the end of the meal we were charged £15 for a small bottle of water and two grapefruit juices ! (Ironically I could have had a FREE juice at breakfast) On retiring upstairs to the relaxation room there was tea, coffee and JUICE available which added insult to injury !
The pool was lovely and so were the steam rooms .
My husband said there really wasn't enough room in the men's changing rooms.
So, although a lovely day, I think that a little more communication was required to make it a perfect one.
We chose Cary's Manor because Sen Spa is supposed to be one of the country's leading spas, but I have received better service at The Aqua Sana at Longleat where the the staff are very communicative and leave you in no doubt as to how a treatment is applied and what is included in your day.
Still cross about the drinks bill !!! BEWARE .

Lina L, Manager at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent Detox Day at SenSpa. I was very glad to hear that your overall experience of the spa and also the authentic Thai food in the Zen Garden Restaurant was so positive and enjoyable especially as it was a very special birthday treat. I was however very concerned to learn you were left feeling that whilst the quality of the treatments was excellent the therapist’s communication was not up to standard. Guest care is the central heart of the SenSpa experience with everything that we do carefully designed to support the pleasure, comfort, wellbeing and sense of belonging that all our guests should feel when they visit. Your feedback is therefore very important to us as it helps us to continually improve the services and facilities we provide and you have very helpfully highlighted where we have fallen short of our normal high standards on this occasion. Each of our therapists undergoes intensive training to deliver our unique treatments and how to create a spa ambience of warmth and inclusivity. This encompasses appraising and tailoring to every guest’s individual requirements to ensure everything is appropriately communicated. Selected complimentary refreshments are included in our spa packages and we should have clearly communicated which refreshments were included. I wish to personally apologise that we failed to do this and that your experience of SenSpa did not quite meet all your expectations. I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to SenSpa in the future whereupon we will take every step possible to ensure that your day is a truly memorable one. If you do ever plan to return, please contact me directly beforehand and I will be happy to assist with your booking to ensure your experience of the spa is a far greater success.
With kind regards