“Amazing massage”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness, focusing on the health of the mind, body and spirit. SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions, SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies and mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at the sister hotel The Montagu Arms but had use of the spa at Careys Manor. The facilities were lovely and very good quality and the staff were nice and helpful. In particular though, the massage I had was superb! The therapist Onsri was amazing. I'm not sure about the other therapists but Onsri was well worth the price of the massage and was the highlight of my stay.

1  Thank lsmcritchie
Lina L, Manager at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent visit to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am so glad to hear that you were able to take full advantage of the complimentary use of the leisure club at SenSpa which is something we are delighted to offer all guests staying at our sister hotel The Montagu Arms. I am especially pleased you upgraded to full use of our extensive award winning spa facilities which includes a fabulous suite of innovative hydrotherapy treatments amongst many other luxurious features. Wonderful to hear too that one of our traditional Thai massages was the highlight of your stay and left you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments and praise to the team and, in particular, our therapist Onsri who I know will be overjoyed to receive such superb feedback. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to SenSpa in the future whereupon we hope to again guide you through an authentic Thai spa journey.
Please do sign up to our newsletter through our website to receive our latest news about some fabulous special offers on Spa Days and Spa Breaks.
Lina Lotto & The Team

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is easiest the best spa I've ever visited, and I've been to quite a few. I had a Signature Spa Day which included a Sen Signature massage, and I added a Rhassoul mud treatment in addition. the day also included breakfast and lunch.

I got there around 8am and there was hardly anyone in the spa which was perfect. I used all of the facilities in the spa and had a swim in the first few hours. Then the Rhassoul treatment, followed by lunch. I had a few hours before my massage, and by then there were quite a few more people. This I itself is fine, as long as they're quiet! In the notes for the spa there are reminders for people to be quiet, but maybe a reminder when people 'check in' wouldn't go amiss! But I know this is quite subjective.

The massage was amazing. I have read of couple of reviews to the contrary but I really don't recognise these. Granted, mine was part of my package, but I would happily pay £98, the full cost of this.

Well worth a visit.

Lina L, Manager at SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Spa Guest

How lovely to hear that you had a truly wonderful day experiencing our Signature Spa Day.

Thank you for taking the trouble to write such a fabulous review and for describing how you spent your day and what you loved most. It’s brilliant to receive such superb praise from a guest who has visited many spas. I thought you might also be interested to hear that last week we were the winners in two categories of awards at The European Health and Spa Awards held in Vienna with one of the awards for Best Signature Treatment (Prana Nourishing Body Glow and SenFusion Massage)! We were also extremely proud to be the winners of the Best UK Hotel Spa.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to SenSpa again in the future.

Lina & The Team

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a Sunday afternoon at the SenSpa, we had the Afternoon Delight, which included use of the spa and a Champagne afternoon tea. The spa is nice but I must admit for the price, I've been to better. Personally thought the spa was small and it was very busy, but saying that it is nice and definitely a relaxing way to spend a wet afternoon. The afternoon tea was very nice, the restaurant staff very friendly and the food delicious and plenty of it, we had to take some of the cakes home. We added massages on as well which were very relaxing and a great way to finish off the afternoon.

1  Thank JodieM10

Dear Spa Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review of your recent visit to SenSpa. It is very pleasing to hear that you and your boyfriend found the Afternoon Delight package to be enjoyable and relaxing. I am delighted you also tried one of our treatments and found it the perfect way to finish off your afternoon.

Our half day experiences are very popular with guests as they offer an alternative and inexpensive way to try out all of the spa facilities. The spa also offers a lovely calming and uplifting retreat when the weather is not great and so at the weekends, even with 24,000 square feet of spa area, it can feel a little busier during certain periods of the day. I am sorry if the spa did not quite meet all your expectations but thank you again for your feedback.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the spa in the future.

Lina & The Team

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I treated my wife to a Spa Day for her birthday yesterday and for fun I decided to join her. The place is amazing, very clean, modern hydrotherapy pools, various saunas, cool rooms, steam rooms, swimming pool, everything you could ever want.

Our package included breakfast and 2 course Thai lunch, unfortunately we were delayed in arriving so just missed breakfast but the staff were very friendly. after a whirlwind tour of the premises we were left to our own devices, taking great delight in making full use of all of the facilities except the Gym (this was after all a pampering day for my wife).

At lunch time we enjoyed a fabulous Thai Lunch in the garden, the whole atmosphere was so relaxing with a Thai ambiance, running water by our side, little pagodas, soft music and bamboo trees to keep out the outside world. The food was excellent, served by lovely staff.

Then back to the Jaccuzi before our "Rassoul mud treatment" Again after short instruction we were left to enjoy a very private experience, covering each other totally in mud from head to toe then relaxing while the automated system brought on steam followed by a tropical rain storm and finally rinsing each other down.

By this time we were all steamed out so we spent time in the Hydro therapy pool which delivers various flows of water and bubbles to gently but in some instances firmly massage our less tight bits.

We finished the day with some quiet time in the relaxation & quiet room, leaving us totally chilled out.

We will be back again!!!!!

2  Thank tiffer11
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My boyfriend had a training shooting day so I decided treating myself to a spa day at Senspa. Coming from Geneva we were staying at another hotel/inn (which I dedint regret as the hotel had a cheap feel to it). However the spa was great! The pool, hydrotherapy areas, jacuzzi, steam rooms were all stylish, state of the art and extremely clean. There were a lot of couples and large groups of girls, so go early if you want the place to yourself. I bought the spa break deal which was pricey and not sure worth the money - you don't even get a free biscuit with your tea/coffee! But you do get a discount on all the treatments, free classes (I took the relaxation class), and use if all the facilities, but you may do so if you book a treatment anyway. The 2 course meal included was very nice but only 22 GBP if you buy it separately. Cheap juices ad libitum also not worth it in my view. The treatments were nice but not outstanding, except for the massage which I recommend. Overall a very nice day away from hectic city life so money well spent :-)

1  Thank mjlothar