“Expected better”

SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: An authentic Thai spa inspired by holistic wellness, focusing on the health of the mind, body and spirit. SenSpa at Careys Manor Hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park offers a true taste of Thailand that will refresh your senses. Combining the best of Western and Eastern traditions, SenSpa offers authentic Thai therapies and mouth-watering Thai cuisine, balanced perfectly with state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and an unrivalled spa experience.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I should first say that we were staying with and on the recommendation of 2 old friends who had spent several weeks at this establishment 2 or 3 years ago.
We tried all restaurants and none met with approval. Thai was not true Thai food and the tasting menu was not and believe it or not included a good size but very tough sirloin steak.
The English maitre d' in the French restaurant was over the top when commenting on the failure of the young inexperienced waitress to advise us of what dishes were not available that night then allowed us to buy a bottle of wine which turned out to be their last. I refused to switch to another and drank more water.
The free breakfast had an ordinary buffet and every day at least one of our hot breakfasts was not what we had ordered.
The room was ok. Bathroom a touch small but good mattress. However the internet was slow and the television offering puny on a system which took many seconds to switch channels. I would also suggest that they pave the stone driveway. The grinding noise of tires and shoes on pebbles is not conducive to peace and relaxation.
All the hotel staff were helpful and pleasant but the children in the spa reception were more interested in continuing their chat than attending to clients.
The waters and sauna/steam rooms were great and the ladies liked their mani/pedicures.

All reviews
"treatment rooms"
"relaxing experience"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just got back from Senspa. It was mine and my partner's first ever visit and well we feel so relaxed after a wonderful Spa day. On arrival we were asked to fill in a questionnaire and were given green tea. A member of staff then came over to explain our day and tell us more about the Spa and offered us a tour. We were then told Breakfast is included in our package which we were not expecting but very happy with that. The facilities are amazing and so is the mud treatment our skin has been left feeling very smooth. We both had the essential relaxation massage which was lovely. The lunch we had was delicious and was delivered to us promptly. Overall we are delighted with the Spa, the friendly and polite staff and we will definitely be visiting again!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Instead of staying overnight at Careys Manor as usual, my friend and I booked the spa day only. Thoroughly enjoyed it as always, treatments were expensive but first class. Staff were lovely. My only gripe would be that we were told breakfast was included in the price. "Breakfast" turned out to be muesli OR toast OR fruit salad with coffee and orange juice. The "OR" made the Menu look stingy - but then - it was.....

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Returned again with my daughter for some 'down-time'. Didn't disappoint. We got a good package deal including all Spa facilities, excellent 1 hour massage and a 2 course lunch in the Thai Zen Restaurant. Will return again.