We stayed here recently to celebrate out 1st wedding anniversary. We chose it as the review on here are very good and we stayed in the Standing Hat room. From arrival everything was really lovely and well organised for us. Lots of guidance on the local area and bonus is there are a few walks that are printed out and ready for you to take (very easy to follow). The room itself is really nice and spacious. Really loved the feeling of the room as it has furniture all made from reclaimed trees. Only slight disappointment is that we had real trouble getting the stove fire started (despite having a fire we start at home and so are used to it). Firelighters will solve the issue and we have left this feedback so hopefully that will help anyone else staying there! The snug area is lovely and they have free homemade cake available 24-7, and fresh milk that you can take in little jugs to your room, really nice touch. Breakfast is good here and you have a choice of having it in your room or in the breakfast room....really nice to have Gluten Free options - nice toast! Lots of fresh preserves too. Brockenhurst is a brilliant base for exploring the New Forest and I definitely hope we get to go back and stay here in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire