My girlfriend and & I, have just come back from a weekend away at Cottage Lodge, in Brockenhurst, and I must say the quality of the hotel was way above our expectations.
From the minute we arrived, we were greeted by one of the staff, who made us feel extremely welcome. She explained to us about our room, the restaurant, and a lovely little room called the Snug.
In here you could help yourself to some home made cake (for free), collect fresh milk to take to your room for tea and coffee, as well as purchase a small selection of beers and wine, at a small cost.
It also have a beautiful little burning stove, which came in very handy for warming up as you came in from the cold and wet weekend we had endured.
As far as the room, this was also perfect, we had more than enough room for our clothes and belongings, as well as a fantastic walk in wet room shower.
It also had a very nice little restaurant, which not only served a great breakfast, but also served a very nice evening meal.
We will definitely be going back this year, and look forward to meeting all the wonderful staff again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge has upgraded from a 5star B&B to a 2 star hotel over the last 12 months. So, if you decide to come to the Cottage Lodge in Brockenhurst you are choosing a clean and comfortable property, located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. All the en-suite rooms are individually designed. They all come with flat screen tv's, new mattresses, recently painted walls, tea and coffee making facilities (with real milk), and an in-room safe. Cake is available free of charge in the Snug Bar. We have: romantic rooms with hand made four poster beds: a room with a wood burning stove; ground floor rooms with showers;dog friendly rooms; family friendly rooms; rooms in the original building(C1650);simple rooms perfect for single occupancy or for a couple looking for somewhere simple to stay. There is one parking space at the front of Cottage Lodge for each room. We have won lots of awards for various things: excellence, environmentally friendly, best use of local produce, outstanding breakfast etc. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Our very own Fallen Tree Restaurant is open six days a week (closed on Wednesdays). Book early because the restaurant is very popular. Our breakfast's are locally sourced. We assure you of a warm welcome. There are three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, LateRooms and Expedia so you can book your Cottage Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Lodge Hotel Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire