“A Great Find”

Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Brockenhurst
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

While visiting the New Forest from Canada we were directed to Bistro 26 from our B&B. What a pleasant surprise to be served by enthusiastic but not overbearing staff. We ordered rack of lamb and was not disappointed, the food was excellent and topped off with a decadent desert. We enjoyed the ambience, the friendly staff and in particular the food so much that we had to return the next evening to try something different from the menu, this again did not disappoint.
A great find in the New Forest which is definitely worth a visit and highly recommended

• Visited June 2013
Suhel M, Owner at Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for visiting our restaurant while in the New Forest all the way from Canada. I am so glad you came back a second time after enjoying the food the first time. That is our main aim trying to get satisfied repeat customers.

UK
“great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I visited one night while camping and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was great the food was amazing and the ambience of the Bistro was a great feel. I would recommend visiting to enjoy a great mean which was also great value. I can't wait to go back again.

Visited June 2013
Suhel M, Owner at Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. We are glad you enjoyed our company and the food. We remember you and all of us commented at the time how nice you were. We hope we see you again when you are in the beautiful New Forest.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were looking for somewhere different to try and decided upon Bistro 26 after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were warmly greeted by the manager who we recognised from Forest Spice in Hythe (another great restaurant). We didn't realised he owned both restaurants which was a nice surprise. The ambience was relaxed and friendly although there were only a few diners in that night. The menu was just right with a good selection of high quality, reasonably priced dishes. Overall it was a lovely evening, made particularly special by the friendly, knowledgable staff who were attentive without being overbearing. We would definitely recommend.

• Visited June 2013
Suhel M, Owner at Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our restaurant. It is pleasing that you enjoyed our food and ambience. We hope to see you again soon.
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Has real potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good food and good value. It's still in its infancy but the chef has already developed a wide ranging menu and the restaurant is well set out and spotlessly clean. One to watch. We wish them well.

• Visited May 2013
Suhel M, Owner at Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words it means a lot to us. We are always striving to create a relaxed dining experience. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal at Bistro 26 and hope to see you soon. Many Thanks.
West Sussex
“Great Food - Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We are staying close by in Brockenhurst and chose Bistro 26 for our 'special' meal of the week and we were not disappointed!
Beautifully and thoughtfully laid out, the atmosphere was just right and made even better by the very friendly but not overbearing waiting staff. We had 2 mains, 2 sides, 2 desserts, 2 calypso coffees and a bottle of wine with a total bill of £71. The mushroom taglietelle was perfect, not too creamy and the pasta cooked just right. My husband chose the 1/2 lobster which he said was equally delicious. The desserts were gorgeous! I indulged in the chocolate fondant with honeycomb ice cream, my husband had the cheese board, both were very good, in fact I was tempted to lick the plate [I didn't though]. The coffees were made to perfection. We had a lovely evening and I am tempted to leave it there but I do have one niggle. A gentleman came in part way through our meal and at first we thought he was a local being friendly with the staff but he kept looking at us and grinning. Then we he began pacing up and down the restaurant we though he must have been the owner. It was also very noticeable that when potential customers were perusing the menu outside he would go to the door and try to encourage them in! Upon enquiring we discovered he was the owners son. It was off putting and I felt that it made the staff a little uncomfortable too. It is completely unnecessary as the food alone with make this establishment a success

• Visited June 2013
Suhel M, Owner at Britannia Thai - Brockenhurst, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for visiting our newly opened restaurant . I'm glad you enjoyed the food and decor. However what I didn't expect is the personal attack against me. If you had a problem with me why didn't you tell me on the night. You very happy and jovial with me. It hurts that you couldn't say these things face to face and have resorted to writing them on such a public platform. Please remember the facts. I have decades of experience in the restaurant industry. My family and I have been running restaurants in the New Forest area since the 1980's. They are still going strong. The comforting factor is that you are in the tiny minority. The waitress who served you was employed by me even though she had no previous experience. In 4 months and with my guidance and hard work she is now a superb member of staff. Our excellent locally trained Head Chef was taken on by me even though this is his first assignment as the top person in the kitchen. He is doing very well. The whole workforce are working as a very good team. I have high standards and I won't apologise for always striving for the best. Employees need guidance otherwise they will get slack and then you will complain about the service. A ship always needs a Captain.