“Excellent Cream Tea”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent Cream Tea”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped at The Cloud Hotel for a Cream Tea on a very cold day. We were made extremely welcome and had lovely warm fresh scones with clotted cream and jam and a large pot of tea. We had a choice of places to eat which included a conservatory and the cosy lounges. We chose a lounge and although left alone to enjoy our scones the staff kept popping in to make sure we were okay and even to ask if we needed more tea! We would have liked to go back for dinner but time did not permit. Hopefully we will be able to return and stay for a break in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
My staff and myself always appreciate it when a customer takes the time to give the Cloud Hotel a good review and we would like to thank you. I hope you will come and enjoy dinner with us on another occasion when you have time or even spend a few days relaxing at the Cloud Hotel and enjoy the beautiful New Forest and surrounding area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were given a wedding anniversary present of a voucher for afternoon tea at the Cloud Hotel.
From the time we arrived to the time that we left the Service was excellent. A wonderful selection of sandwiches and cakes in a beautiful setting. A must if you are visiting Brockenhurst in the New Forest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terry L
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It was so nice to receive a review about our afternoon teas and many thanks for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a good review. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your anniversary tea with us and I hope you have many more happy years together and we will have the pleasure of your company again sometime.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel. Peaceful (no piped music anywhere), cosy, very homelike (several pleasant little lounge areas, one with an open fire) and in a charming location, it's a really relaxed place to stay. It's a haven for elderly people, being traditional, quiet and with lots of grab-rails thoughtfully placed, but also a great place for anyone who wants to be comfortable and well-looked after. (Maybe not a place for small children, but I didn't get the feeling that this is their target market). The food is excellent, the rooms clean, warm and well-appointed, there are numerous extra little details that make a difference (jugs of drinking water supplied for the room, local guidebooks to borrow, home-baked biscuits and a little bottle of water when you leave) but the real jewel is the staff. I've never had such kind and thoughtful service - all of the staff really seemed to notice us and to be willing to go the extra mile to make sure everyone in our large family party was well looked-after - and they managed this without being either intrusive or over-familiar. If you're looking for excitement, you won't find it here (perhaps this is why some other reviewers have described it as stuffy), but you will find a wonderful retreat where you feel not just cared for, but cared about.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a lovely view - they overlook the brook and then the open space of the fores...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BabzJ
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Our aim at the Cloud Hotel is to provide a place where people can unwind and relax and enjoy themselves in a quiet location with traditional service and values. I'm delighted to know that you all enjoyed your stay and your very kind comments about my loyal staff have been passed on to them. I know I am very lucky having such a hard working and committed team many of whom have worked for me for a number of years. As for young children we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 12 years and this does help to create a peaceful environment! I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel on another occasion.
Bognor Regis
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have lived or stayed in the forest for many years.This is our first time at The Cloud however.
It will not be our last,we have booked to return in July. Lovely atmosphere,excellent food,service
excellent from very cheerful staff.The forest is outside the front door. The perfect peaceful little retreat,no "Disco Music" to be heard anywhere!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front overlook the forest.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoJax
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
As I have said in previous responses my staff and I are always so appreciative of good reviews and I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to tell us. We rely on reviews to help us keep up the high standards we strive for in what is at the moment a very competitive market. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again sometime in the future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to the Cloud several times & it has always remained consistently very good. It is very clean & comfortable with good attentive staff who are friendly but unassuming. We chose it mainly because of it's location, we like to walk, but we also enjoy good food & that is certainly what you get. If you want excitement & noise, then look elsewhere because at The Cloud you have peace & quiet. The emphasis is on good service, great food & comfortable, clean rooms. We usually book for 3 nights of dinner, bed & breakfast & we are never dissappointed with anything. Avril Owton, the owner, is usually around to make sure you are getting everything you need. The other thing to note is that the staff remain the same, which in my book usually means a lot, & they remember you & this gives a more personal touch.

Room Tip: Although the four poster room is lovely, if you are tall, then the size of the bed could be restrict...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeananneallen
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review. My staff and i always appreciate it when a guest takes the trouble to give us feedback. Our aim at the Cloud Hotel is to create a place where guests can unwind and relax in a peaceful atmosphere and that is why we are unable to take children under 12 years old. I also appreciate your comment about the 4 poster bed, these are the things we need to know and we will make sure any future customers are made aware of it. I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again.
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Limited Roast Menu Sunday. Service was good orders taken whilst having a drink.
Food arrived without delay starters were average main courses choice of roast pork or beef gravy watery limited roast potatoes but all very tasty. Sweet and coffee included
Have had better in New Forest area
An old persons hotel & restaurant

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Captkjl
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your Sunday lunch and I have taken on board your comments as all feedback is important to me both good and not so good. However I would like to correct you on the menu choices because as well as roast beef and roast pork there was a choice of pan fried guinea fowl breast with a red wine wild mushroom sauce, poached medley of seafood with a fish parsley sauce, poached egg florentine and a selection of cold meat or seafood salads. All our food is freshly cooked and we don't serve any frozen food hence the more limited choice on the menu. I like to think the Cloud Hotel is not old fashioned but has traditional standards with good service. Your comments have been passed on to the Head Chef.
Ferring, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We returned in January for a second visit and everything consistant with the first, very pleasent,
helpful, genuinely friendly staff who ensure that that the guest is happy, comfortable and wants for nothing. The room immaculate and comfortable, and the restaurant exceptional, This is a special Hotel, with such a warm, welcoming feel that stands out from the others in the Forest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron F
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet you when you stayed recently and and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed yourself. I would like to thank you most sincerely for giving the Cloud Hotel such a glowing review. I am very lucky that the majority of my staff have been working at the Cloud Hotel for more than 10 years and are committed to giving our customers 5 star service. They, like myself really appreciate your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Balmer Lawn
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!