“A seldom found gem of an Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cloud Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Ferring, United Kingdom
“A seldom found gem of an Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We returned in January for a second visit and everything consistant with the first, very pleasent,
helpful, genuinely friendly staff who ensure that that the guest is happy, comfortable and wants for nothing. The room immaculate and comfortable, and the restaurant exceptional, This is a special Hotel, with such a warm, welcoming feel that stands out from the others in the Forest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron F
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet you when you stayed recently and and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed yourself. I would like to thank you most sincerely for giving the Cloud Hotel such a glowing review. I am very lucky that the majority of my staff have been working at the Cloud Hotel for more than 10 years and are committed to giving our customers 5 star service. They, like myself really appreciate your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We drive from Poole for lunch at The Cloud as and when time permits. From entrance to exit, the staff are a gem: so attentive, happy and helpful. Proprietor Avril Owton (a former Tiller Girl) will often serve you. Her staff do her proud, without exception. If you, like us, go for good traditional lunches, then you'll just love The Cloud. Yesterday, the mains were a choice of Roast Leg of Lamb, Chicken Supreme, Grilled Salmon steaks, Homemade Cottage Pie etc. The Lamb was both generous and first class with superb roast potatoes plus offerings of mint sauce and red currant jelly. I love the cheese to follow, and there's NO supplement, and it doesn't taste as if it's come straight out of the fridge. It's old fashioned but truly excellent value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always a pleasure for myself and my staff to receive such excellent feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your lunch. Positive feedback is very important to us and thank you for your review. We pride ourselves with our traditional service and menus and hope to have the pleasure of your company in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here during the snow in January for 3 nights. What can I say, it was fabulous! The Cloud Hotel is a small non chain hotel, which does cater for the more mature person. Having said that my husband and I are both in our 40's, wanting a quiet break, in a clean and well run hotel.

This did not disappoint. The hotel was lovely, exceptionally clean in a great location. Food fabulous. Mrs Owton and her staff all very welcoming and attentive!!

We've never stayed in the New Forest during the snow before, but it really made it special. Can't wait to return same time next year.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I really appreciate your kind comments and thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. It is always a pleasure for myself and my team to receive such good feedback as we are continuously striving to improve the hotel to meet the needs of our customers. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the future.
Barton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friend and I dropped in here after a 2 hour ride on the forest and were a bit muddy. The hotel had only just opened after a break and they could not have been more welcoming. We were settled in the lounge next to a lovely fire and coffee was provided. Will definately be coming back and what a lovely team you have at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
You were more than welcome to come and enjoy a coffee by the fire and we are quite used to muddy boots as we are in the heart of the New Forest National park where people ride, walk,cycle and enjoy the beautiful area. My team really appreciate you taking the time to give them such positive feed back. I value my team as they are my greatest asset and many of them have worked at The Cloud Hotel for over 10 years so I realise I am very lucky. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went there for a special birthday party held in the Cloud's private room. It was arranged at quite short notice and the hotel could not have been more helpful. On the day, there was a welcome message at the entrance, the food was beautifully cooked (and a choice offered even though there were 20 of us) and the service was first class - what was more there was a very helpful gentleman to assist in the parking. The house wine was reasonably priced, as were the pre-luncheon drinks, and very quaffable - not always the case with house wine. We thought the price was very reasonable for what we received. Thoroughly recommend it for a small, private party.

Room Tip: Did not stay but if up to the standard of the other parts of the hotel, probably very good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your birthday lunch at the Cloud Hotel and thank you for your positive review. Like me the staff always appreciate positive feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

If ever (God forbid) Avril Owton sells the Cloud Hotel, she should immediately write the definitive book on hotel management and staff selection. This is a small, delightfully well run hotel where Mrs Owton's high standards of care are achieved with a cast of friendly, efficient staff. It is difficult to choose a favourite member of staff or indeed a favourite facet of the hotel - all were so good - but the over riding impression is of an hotel where the guest is paramount and everything possible is done to make their stay as pleasant as possible. The menus for breakfast and dinner were excellent and portions were generous too.

The hotel is located on the very edge of the New Forest and many of the rooms have views out over the landscape where ponies and donkeys roam. Inside the hotel are three cosy lounges, a bright conservatory and a large function room which is regularly used by locals for either luncheons, cream teas or five course dinners.

All in all, a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I am told that rooms 9,10,11 and 12 are particularly roomy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Cloud Hotel over the Christmas period and thank you for taking the time to give the hotel and myself such a positive and glowing review. My New Years resolution is to respond to my reviews again as both my staff and I appreciate receiving such positive feed back. I have written a book 'Delighting Your Customers' that was published in 2006 and a revised edition in 2008. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud again
Woking, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our bedroom looked out onto the New Forest and we would see the ponies grazing when we looked out in the morning. We had a lovely stay in November 2012. The staff and the owner were very nice, friendly and helpful. A nice little extra was the fresh milk available for teas or coffees in the room. I do so hate those little UHT capsules because they never taste the same as fresh milk do they?
We were on half board and we were very pleased with variety and quality of breakfast and dinners.
We took our bicycles with us to do a bit of cycling.(They have cycle storage which was useful) There are several New Forest off road cycle rides that can be started from the hotel which we did and enjoyed.
All in all we have a very pleasant stay and I can see us visiting again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple