My husband and I visited the bath house spa for an early valentines treat last Wednesday. On arrival, the spa staff made us feel very welcome and were friendly, polite and professional. We were offered a seat in the very comfortable, modern spa reception area and offered a drink. By this time, we were already feeling relaxed and we hadn't even stepped foot into the spa itself! It's as if the minute you are through the doors to reception, calmness prevails. It really is that good. Finally, we went through to the very clean changing rooms to change into robes and slippers. We spent the next couple of hours relaxing. The pool is wonderful. It's a good size, very clean, peaceful, with colour changing lights within to, really relax you while you swim. The view of deer accross the forest outside is pretty magical too. The spa was very quiet the day we visited and we felt a bit like we had it all to ourselves for most of the time. We had an absolutely wonderful lunch. In fact it was the best meal we've had in a long time! The treatments we had were really special too. The only slight downsides to the day were: The (hotter) sauna and steam room were both a little too hot and I usually love a hot sauna. One of the kniepps foot spas was faulty, as was a jacuzzi bed, which blew out very cold water and then failed to work for the rest of the day. The changing rooms were also small and cold, which was a bit of a problem when they were busier in the afternoon. The highlights of the day were: Excellent customer service. I have visited other local spas which have slightly better facillities, but they lack the personal touch that this spa is able to provide. The atmosphere is relaxing. The swimming pool is wonderful. The beautiful forest view is perfect. And finally, what a treat the food was, which we hadn't expected as it was all part of the spa day package. We live nearby and liked it so much that we are now considering joining as members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire