“A wonderful, relaxing day at the Bath House Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
“A wonderful, relaxing day at the Bath House Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited the bath house spa for an early valentines treat last Wednesday. On arrival, the spa staff made us feel very welcome and were friendly, polite and professional. We were offered a seat in the very comfortable, modern spa reception area and offered a drink. By this time, we were already feeling relaxed and we hadn't even stepped foot into the spa itself! It's as if the minute you are through the doors to reception, calmness prevails. It really is that good. Finally, we went through to the very clean changing rooms to change into robes and slippers. We spent the next couple of hours relaxing. The pool is wonderful. It's a good size, very clean, peaceful, with colour changing lights within to, really relax you while you swim. The view of deer accross the forest outside is pretty magical too. The spa was very quiet the day we visited and we felt a bit like we had it all to ourselves for most of the time. We had an absolutely wonderful lunch. In fact it was the best meal we've had in a long time! The treatments we had were really special too. The only slight downsides to the day were: The (hotter) sauna and steam room were both a little too hot and I usually love a hot sauna. One of the kniepps foot spas was faulty, as was a jacuzzi bed, which blew out very cold water and then failed to work for the rest of the day. The changing rooms were also small and cold, which was a bit of a problem when they were busier in the afternoon. The highlights of the day were: Excellent customer service. I have visited other local spas which have slightly better facillities, but they lack the personal touch that this spa is able to provide. The atmosphere is relaxing. The swimming pool is wonderful. The beautiful forest view is perfect. And finally, what a treat the food was, which we hadn't expected as it was all part of the spa day package. We live nearby and liked it so much that we are now considering joining as members.

• Stayed February 2013
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you were made to feel at home and really enjoyed your meal and time with us in our lovely Spa. I note your comments regarding the foot spa and Jacuzzi bed. These both operate in the same way and have a system that builds up the bubbles. This system works on a 3 goes per cycle system and after the 3rd time takes 10 mins for the system to re build up the bubbles and then goes on again. I will make sure that our spa team fully explain this to our guests in future so thank you for letting me know about this. I will also look into why they didn't work on that day. I fully appreciate that the changing rooms can be busy in the afternoons, this is generally when the children have their set swim times. I will look into why the changing rooms may have been cold on that day as I have not had any other comments regarding this but there clearly must have been a problem on that particular day for which I apologise. I am really pleased to read that overall you have had a wonderful time with us, loved our beautiful views of the forest, really enjoyed the food and received great service from the team. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team. As a local in the area it's great to read that you will be coming back to visit us once again. Hope to see you very soon.
Steve & the Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for an over night spa stay , my friend was treating me as a present
I highly rate this hotel for our stay , from the moment we got there the reception staff were
lovely and very accomdating , we firstly went for lunch in the lounge area which had beautiful country features and a roaring log fire so instantly felt relaxed the lunch food was lovely

We then checked into our room which was very nice clean and modern decor , we then went off for the start of our spa experiance , the spa its self is lovely and relaxing great facilities we particulary loved the outside hot tub which over looked the beautiful feilds of the new forest
then enjoyed our treatments of facial and massage , very good therapist who carried out amazingly relaxing treatments

We also had the evening 3 course meal which again the food was amazingly good and great service from all staff , beautiful decor in the dining room too very nice atmosphere throughout the whole hotel
Had a fab nights sleep followed by breakfast in bed

So over all our stay was very enjoyable would definitely come back after the experiance we had
the over all feel is so nice and relaxing , staff very lovely highly recommend this hotel
Cant speak highly enough of this place :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nicola w
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you had a great time with us and was well looked after by the team here. We hope that you get the chance to come back and see us again very soon.
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have just arrived back from a lovely stay at New Park Manor. Everything really was amazing - from the food to the spa. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful - particularly Hannah and the reception staff, Sharon and the quietly efficient Irish waiter, who really looked after us well.

The faclities for children were really good and the playden was well equipped and very clean.

Overall a fantastic experience.

The Bakers

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank VickyBOxford
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you well, I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback on. We hope you will be able to come back and see us again soon.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently spent the day in the Spa at the Hotel. I was wondering as I came up the drive, what I had let myself in for, as the drive is little more than a track and rather rutted at that.

I was still unsure when I rounded to the front of the building, there being an older building to my left and a very 80's looking modern building extending to the right. My immediate thought was how disappointed I woud be if I found I was staying in the modern building.

I think, although I didnt explore this to be sure, the whole of the modern building makes up the spa, gym and treatment rooms.

As I entered reception the first thing I noticed was several sweet pairs of childrens wellies lined up in the porch. Now I was wondering if their little owners were also in residence. Whilst I like children, I prefer my leisure days to be if possible child free. I am told the Hotel is pushing itself currently as very family friendly.

The Spa area is lovely. The restaurant/cafe is beautifully and stylishly interior designed, just my cup of tea, lovely sofas and high stools all overlooking the verandah, hot tub and deer meadows!

I spent a great deal of time in their Canadian style hot tub, overlooking the deer herd, It was a frosty cold day but with only your head poking out of the wonderfully warm tub, it was true relaxation.

I enjoyed a beautifully cooked risotto for lunch, so good that I longed not to finish it!

I found the pool on the small size for exercising, particularly when the time came for me to try it, it had a couple of families in it, and later women and babies for classes which Im told take place for a couple of hours in the afternoons. The upshot of this was that the rather small changing room was cluttered with baby carriers blocking access to the lockers.

The temperature in the pool area was very hot and the sauna and steam room were too hot for me to stay any longer than a couple of minutes, the steamroom marble seating was almost impossible to sit on.

There is a well equipped gym but why is it thought we all want look back at ourselves in the mirror when we are looking at our least attractive, sweating and panting!!! I would much rather be jogging facing the car park with something at a distance to look at rather than going boss eyed being too close to the mirror.

I was fortunate to be able to have a quick look in the public areas of the actual hotel which I understand was a Royal Hunting lodge. It has retained some stunning features and the restaurant looked beautiful.

Despite some relatively minor negatives in my visit, I had a lovely day at the Spa. I could happily have just used the hot tub and the cafe and then destressed reading on the cafe couches.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm pleased to tell you that work has started today on the hotel driveway and will be completely re-done in less than a weeks time giving us the smoothest driveway in the forest. As you correctly state, we do hold childrens swim times twice a day, but this is a great chance to enjoy the outdoor Canadian Hot Tub. I understand your comments regarding the pool area and steam rooms been hot. All of these are individually electronically controlled to produce the necessary heat that is required for them to operate effectively. I will however look at how to reduce the heat on the seats in the steam room, thanks for this feedback. I'm pleased to read that you had a look around the hotel and enjoyed the characteristics that it offers, it really is a beautiful house. All of our public areas will soon be fully refurbished offering wonderful spaces to relax with comfort at your fingertips, whilst still keeping the charm of a 17th Century Manor house. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your spa lunch and day with us too and that you had a lovely time with us. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a night away at NPM and had to write on TA. Never felt the urge to review a hotel but my husband and I both agreed a review was needed. This is a fab hotel for couples/families with children, young or old.

We like a spa break and decided to treat ourselves the weekend before Valentines. We were travelling with our 9 month old son and it was a task to find a nice, good standard hotel with a good spa who cater and actually encourage stays with young children. This hotel ticked all the boxes.

The hotel is perfect. Everything you'd need for a baby. They provide cots with super thick mamas & papas mattresses, a baby food room with fridge, sterilisers, bottle warmers, food blender and microwave. Children's dinner sitting with plenty of choice of food. Plastic cutlery and lots of clean and easy to use highchairs.

Our room, a forest room, was ample in size and I think newly refurbished. My husband loved the LCD TV at the end of the bath!. The older rooms are currently being done up and there was scaffolding up but I'd happily stay in a forest room again. We stayed in Yew and it was a stones throw from the restaurant which meant our standard baby monitor worked. We had downloaded a baby listening App but the wifi kept dropping so it didn't work. The Stag restaurant is great for adults, with lovely food and a nice relaxing lounge, with fire, to chill out in once the little ones are asleep.

The spa is great. Good steam room, sauna and pool. It even has an outside 'Canadian hot tub' which was refreshing in the light rain. Wearing of bathrobes around the hotel is allowed so you can be as lazy as you want. The crèche - the Den - was brilliant as its right next door to the spa. We left our son there for 2 hours which meant we were able to enjoy a treatment with in time to pick up our little man for the afternoon children's swimming time.

Nothing is too much trouble at the NPM. They are fine with busy, energetic children and seemingly will do anything to help make your stay. We are genuinely upset to only have stayed one night. We're already planning a second stay in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor pool and the numerous outdoor children's play areas.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucy M
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a lovely time with us and that you are already planning to come back. For us, having children in the hotel only adds to a real home from home feeling and it's great to see the kids relaxed and enjoying their time with us too. I'm not sure if you were aware, but we also have hotel baby listening devises that operate using your room phone as the devise to pick up any sounds from your little one, and then you take a cordless phone that acts as your listening devise so you can always hear if your little one needs you. They are cordless phones and work all around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the hopefully near future.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

just had wonderful stay at the new park manor. staff all so friendly special thankyou to sharon of housekeeping and dan for all thier help. cant wait to go back and see the manor house renovated. have been visiting the forest for number of years and have stayed in a few hotels in the area, but new park tops them all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to Dan and Sharon. Great to read that you had such a lovely time and rate us so highly in the New Forest, this is a great commendation from such a regular visitor to our area and the team will be exceptionally proud to read this, as am I, thank you. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Arrived Tuesay 5th of Feb the day before my birthday at 14.15 and our room was all ready for us - Went up to the snug and was greated by Daisy - lots of kisses - our room (Ash) was lovely and welcoming and as I was on crutches due to a problem on my hip was not too far to walk to. Within 1/2 hour we went for a wander round to check out the spa - then straight upstairs - into cozzies and trunks and straight into the pool and Jacuzzi. I was enjoying using a sausage float and slowly kicking my way up and down the pool as my hip was causing me a lot of pain. The Jacuzzi was lovely too and did the world of good too. Our bed was a kingsize and so comfortable I wanted to take it home. My husband slept in this morning till 9 and he never manages that at home. Breakfast was so filling I couldn't eat it all even when I only had bacon and eggs this morning. My mum joined me yesterday as it was my actual birthday then and we both had a facial - wow was amazing - my face never felt so soft. I also had a scalp massage - Alesha did our treatments. Then mum and I enjoyed the pool, steam rooms and jacuzzi - We even went in the hot tub outside (brrrrr). When we came home from our meal last night we were greated on the drive by a huge heard of deer. The hotel has aquired 4 robrovski hamsters (all boys) and as I have 2 of these at home I had to have a look. They brought them out for me to see - they are sooo cute and much bigger than my 2 but they are only 2 months old. We finished our last day lounging in the bath watching homes under the hammer on the tv in the bathroom then 1 hr in the pool area before going back up to our room to dress and (they even let us check out at one). Back down to the spa again for a back neck and shoulder massage together in the same room - Alesha did my back and Emma was doing Hubby's - Then off home we went much reluctantly. Thoroughly pampered, spoilt and extremely relaxed. I think I even tuned into one of the resident ghosts.

Room Tip: Definately go for a forest room if you can afford it.