Just returned from a night away at NPM and had to write on TA. Never felt the urge to review a hotel but my husband and I both agreed a review was needed. This is a fab hotel for couples/families with children, young or old.
We like a spa break and decided to treat ourselves the weekend before Valentines. We were travelling with our 9 month old son and it was a task to find a nice, good standard hotel with a good spa who cater and actually encourage stays with young children. This hotel ticked all the boxes.
The hotel is perfect. Everything you'd need for a baby. They provide cots with super thick mamas & papas mattresses, a baby food room with fridge, sterilisers, bottle warmers, food blender and microwave. Children's dinner sitting with plenty of choice of food. Plastic cutlery and lots of clean and easy to use highchairs.
Our room, a forest room, was ample in size and I think newly refurbished. My husband loved the LCD TV at the end of the bath!. The older rooms are currently being done up and there was scaffolding up but I'd happily stay in a forest room again. We stayed in Yew and it was a stones throw from the restaurant which meant our standard baby monitor worked. We had downloaded a baby listening App but the wifi kept dropping so it didn't work. The Stag restaurant is great for adults, with lovely food and a nice relaxing lounge, with fire, to chill out in once the little ones are asleep.
The spa is great. Good steam room, sauna and pool. It even has an outside 'Canadian hot tub' which was refreshing in the light rain. Wearing of bathrobes around the hotel is allowed so you can be as lazy as you want. The crèche - the Den - was brilliant as its right next door to the spa. We left our son there for 2 hours which meant we were able to enjoy a treatment with in time to pick up our little man for the afternoon children's swimming time.
Nothing is too much trouble at the NPM. They are fine with busy, energetic children and seemingly will do anything to help make your stay. We are genuinely upset to only have stayed one night. We're already planning a second stay in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor pool and the numerous outdoor children's play areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire