“Fab hotel for a young baby”
Review of New Park Manor

New Park Manor
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just returned from a night away at NPM and had to write on TA. Never felt the urge to review a hotel but my husband and I both agreed a review was needed. This is a fab hotel for couples/families with children, young or old.

We like a spa break and decided to treat ourselves the weekend before Valentines. We were travelling with our 9 month old son and it was a task to find a nice, good standard hotel with a good spa who cater and actually encourage stays with young children. This hotel ticked all the boxes.

The hotel is perfect. Everything you'd need for a baby. They provide cots with super thick mamas & papas mattresses, a baby food room with fridge, sterilisers, bottle warmers, food blender and microwave. Children's dinner sitting with plenty of choice of food. Plastic cutlery and lots of clean and easy to use highchairs.

Our room, a forest room, was ample in size and I think newly refurbished. My husband loved the LCD TV at the end of the bath!. The older rooms are currently being done up and there was scaffolding up but I'd happily stay in a forest room again. We stayed in Yew and it was a stones throw from the restaurant which meant our standard baby monitor worked. We had downloaded a baby listening App but the wifi kept dropping so it didn't work. The Stag restaurant is great for adults, with lovely food and a nice relaxing lounge, with fire, to chill out in once the little ones are asleep.

The spa is great. Good steam room, sauna and pool. It even has an outside 'Canadian hot tub' which was refreshing in the light rain. Wearing of bathrobes around the hotel is allowed so you can be as lazy as you want. The crèche - the Den - was brilliant as its right next door to the spa. We left our son there for 2 hours which meant we were able to enjoy a treatment with in time to pick up our little man for the afternoon children's swimming time.

Nothing is too much trouble at the NPM. They are fine with busy, energetic children and seemingly will do anything to help make your stay. We are genuinely upset to only have stayed one night. We're already planning a second stay in the summer so we can enjoy the outdoor pool and the numerous outdoor children's play areas.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lucy M
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a lovely time with us and that you are already planning to come back. For us, having children in the hotel only adds to a real home from home feeling and it's great to see the kids relaxed and enjoying their time with us too. I'm not sure if you were aware, but we also have hotel baby listening devises that operate using your room phone as the devise to pick up any sounds from your little one, and then you take a cordless phone that acts as your listening devise so you can always hear if your little one needs you. They are cordless phones and work all around the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the hopefully near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

just had wonderful stay at the new park manor. staff all so friendly special thankyou to sharon of housekeeping and dan for all thier help. cant wait to go back and see the manor house renovated. have been visiting the forest for number of years and have stayed in a few hotels in the area, but new park tops them all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to Dan and Sharon. Great to read that you had such a lovely time and rate us so highly in the New Forest, this is a great commendation from such a regular visitor to our area and the team will be exceptionally proud to read this, as am I, thank you. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Arrived Tuesay 5th of Feb the day before my birthday at 14.15 and our room was all ready for us - Went up to the snug and was greated by Daisy - lots of kisses - our room (Ash) was lovely and welcoming and as I was on crutches due to a problem on my hip was not too far to walk to. Within 1/2 hour we went for a wander round to check out the spa - then straight upstairs - into cozzies and trunks and straight into the pool and Jacuzzi. I was enjoying using a sausage float and slowly kicking my way up and down the pool as my hip was causing me a lot of pain. The Jacuzzi was lovely too and did the world of good too. Our bed was a kingsize and so comfortable I wanted to take it home. My husband slept in this morning till 9 and he never manages that at home. Breakfast was so filling I couldn't eat it all even when I only had bacon and eggs this morning. My mum joined me yesterday as it was my actual birthday then and we both had a facial - wow was amazing - my face never felt so soft. I also had a scalp massage - Alesha did our treatments. Then mum and I enjoyed the pool, steam rooms and jacuzzi - We even went in the hot tub outside (brrrrr). When we came home from our meal last night we were greated on the drive by a huge heard of deer. The hotel has aquired 4 robrovski hamsters (all boys) and as I have 2 of these at home I had to have a look. They brought them out for me to see - they are sooo cute and much bigger than my 2 but they are only 2 months old. We finished our last day lounging in the bath watching homes under the hammer on the tv in the bathroom then 1 hr in the pool area before going back up to our room to dress and (they even let us check out at one). Back down to the spa again for a back neck and shoulder massage together in the same room - Alesha did my back and Emma was doing Hubby's - Then off home we went much reluctantly. Thoroughly pampered, spoilt and extremely relaxed. I think I even tuned into one of the resident ghosts.

Room Tip: Definately go for a forest room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you both had a great time with us and enjoyed your Birthday treat. Thanks for also putting a few pictures on our Facebook, they are brilliant. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just been for afternoon tea for my friend's birthday. Considering we had 5 children under 3, they couldn't have been more accommodating. The manager opened up the kids den for us and we all ate a lovely afternoon tea while the children played. They even offered to open up the cinema so the children could watch a film.

Afternoon tea was well priced at £16 but I couldn't finish it all so they wrapped up the rest for us to bring home. Kids' meals at £7 was a tad expensive but did include a starter and were freshly made.

All in all we had a great time. I will seriously be considering this hotel for my 5th anniversary this year as it is so child friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm really pleased that you hall had a lovely time and enjoyed the hotel and afternoon tea. It was really lovely to meet you all, and the girls too of course, Daisy is looking forward to more cuddles when you all come back again. Hope to see you all again soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent a couple of nights here as a pre-Christmas treat to wind down from very busy work and school commitments before the Chrismas celebrations.

The hotel is in a great setting - it's easy to get around the nicest and most interesting parts of the New Forest and we had a lovely walk from the door into the forest, without having to drive anywhere.

The pool and spa are modern, attractive and very pleasant.

Rooms are in the main part of the old manor, which is currently undergoing some upgrading which will probably modernise the decor to bring it more in line with other properties in the group that now owns it - LFH. We stayed in the older part and were very comfortable. Newer rooms in the wing linking to the spa are very attractive but I took a look at one and thought that, for the premium rate they command I would expect a bigger bathroom and better clothes storage. Parts of the building that have been updated, such as the children's play areas are very attractive and comfortable.

Food is good but not outstanding and the dinenr service was painfully slow.
Staff seem very helpful but not very well trained, they could do more to be alert to diners needs.
Staff in the cafe in the spa wing were very polite and well mannered but unable to make a palatable cup of coffee from the Italian coffee machine which probably needed cleaning.

We enjoyed our stay but were left with a feeling that someone needs to provide more of a guiding hand to staff who show lots of promise. With a little more leadership this would be a great experience.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff on the phone about different rooms, they will be able to tell you quite a bit abou...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us in Dec. I take on board you comments regarding the standard of service and am pleased to tell you that we have made many improvements in the last 6 weeks as you will see from previous reviews. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you made full use of the direct access into the Forest from the hotel itself. It's a nice treat not to have to drive anywhere when going out I agree. We hope that you get the opportunity to come and see us again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I came in for an afternoon tea to see if I could get a feel for the new hotel but I was shocked with how family orientated it has become, gone the day of the lovely old look of a new forest country hotel and now the look of modern in such ancient and lovely surroundings to me have ruined the hotel.

No function room but now a cresh and a cinema, no bar but someone running into a cupboard to get a drink!

I sat In what was my favourite part of the hotel opposite the new drinks cupboard for a cup of tea, and what do I see, a cresh where used to be a peaceful and quiet open area with dear grazing now toys everywhere and kids running around with staff who cannot control them!

I will not return to this once brilliant country hotel, it's a shame as is surroundings are so amazing to see.

JR

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank Navyboy123
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I am sorry to read your review and that you are unhappy with the hotel now becoming child friendly. In the first instance I would like to ask you to view our website where all of our facilities are clearly marked out. As you rightly point out, your last visit would have seen little, if no children at all in the hotel. Since Dec 2011 Luxury Family Hotels took over the running of what was then an unloved hotel. I am very proud as the General Manager to be running this now child friendly 'home from home' Manor house set in the heart of the New Forest. I note your disappointment regarding the conference room, and it's transformation into a fantastic Cinema/Events room and Den (creche). The facilities in the hotel have been introduced for our families in mind, but of course the Cinema room is widely used by adults on an evening who love to cuddle up on the sofa with a glass of something nice and watch a classic movie on the big drop down screen. I assume from your comment regarding your sitting in front of the drinks cupboard that you were sat in the lounge entrance, which confuses me as we don't have a Den in the lounge but a small coffee table with a few books and coloring in bits for the children to occupy themselves whilst mum and dad sit and enjoy the views. I would like to assure you that whilst the children are in the Den (creche) that they are well looked after and do not run around but merely play as children do whilst under the careful supervision of our Den team. I am sure their parents enjoy the fact that the children play and let off steam in the Den, and that the parents who stay with us more than adequately supervise their own children whilst in public areas at all times. As we like to create a 'home from home' for our guests, this includes the children who of course have the same joyful experience to explore the house. The drinks cupboard is actually a bar still room as we don't have an actual bar - all drink orders are taken from our guests in the comfort of their seat and brought directly to them which I feel adds to that 'home from home' experience rather than having to queue up at a bar to be served. I do take on board all of your comments regarding the recent changes, and that over a year ago was aimed towards couple wanting a quiet spa retreat. The hotel does still offer this, with a wonderful spa where the adults can enjoy the spectacular views from the indoor heated pool and outdoor hot tub, whilst the children play happily in the Den out of sight and sound of anyone that is looking for that relaxing peaceful break. The New Forest is a very beautiful area and I wish you well in finding a new place to relax and enjoy its beauty.
Steve

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Our family with 4 kids aged 7 to 11 decided impromptu to take a weekend at New Park Manor and enjoy the snow in the New Forest. We used the indoor heated pool, indoor and outdoor hot tub, cinema room and X-box games room and had a ball during a wintry weekend. In addition to excellent facilities for families, the friendliness and willingness of the staff to say 'yes' to small requests made the difference. For example, we mentioned one of the young kids is a particularly big eater and the waiter said he would simply ask the chef to make a larger serve of the kid's meal. (We did order adult size for the 11 year old). The breakfast was excellent. The dinner dining menu is a little limited so my wife and I choose to eat out but was fine for the kids. Local walking options are excellent too.

We will definitely be visiting other English properties in this hotel group's portfolio.

Room Tip: We booked late and didn't have a room choice, but our rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to read that the whole team looked after your families needs during your stay with us and that you all made full use of the facilities and the beautiful snow covered forest whilst with us. The team have been working very hard to get service right and I'm delighted to read that their hard work and determination has paid off. I'm sorry that you were not fully satisfied with our menu. Due to the hotel only having 8 rooms on sale during the refurbishment to the manor wing of the house we have had to make some changes. I will re-look at our offerings immediately though to ensure that we continue to improve. If you have any further feedback on the menu I'd love to hear from you at steve.thorne-farrar@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk. We hope that you will all get the chance to come back and see us again very soon.
Steve & the Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
2 mi away
#3 of 7 in Lymington
Beaulieu Hotel
Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beaulieu

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!