Whilst it would be unfair to call this hotel rubbish, I think it only fair to highlight what you are really getting. Having booked on the basis of a pretty glossy website, I can confirm that this will be the only gloss you get.
The hotel I believe is pretty much geared for the wedding party experience, the rooms are very basic, no air conditioning, which given it was incredibly hot in the rooms, meant you needed the windows open which then let in the noise from the wedding party or the road.
Their is no minibar but they do leave a selection of things for you to buy on the table, but please don't mistake them as being complementary as the 330ml bottle of water will cost you £4! staggering.
The bathrooms are very tired, minimal and just about clean. I personally found the sign saying beware of the hot water which needs to be hot to fight off Legionnaires disease to be frankly concerning. I choose not to shower that morning.
We dined in the bistro and the food was pretty poor, the cocktails were £6 and either they had forgotten to include the alcohol or were poor watered down imitations, these were sent back and removed from my bill. I had the tuna for a main course and have never had a tuna steak that had been cooked pink be so tough to chew.
In the morning we ordered breakfast in bed, and this I can honestly say was the worst cooked breakfast I have ever had. The fried eggs were hard, the sausages were utterly flavourless, tasted much like a cardboard tube, the mushroom was the size of side plate and was soggy and tasteless, the beans were cold, the bacon was the cheapest pink looking over salted bacon you can get and they brought 3 pieces of toast for 2 of us.
We had ordered a paper with the room which never arrived, the waiter that brought the breakfast said he would bring one back up in the next 15 minutes, he was never to be seen again.
We were looking for a bit of luxury relaxation, it's not that, so needless to say we checked out a day early.
What was most interesting is the hotel at no point inquired as to why we wanted to leave even though I pointed out it was because we were unhappy. £290 for one night with food, over priced, below average and not recommended. Yes there is a Spa, but that is it, if you are fortunate enough to get an appointment you can pay even more to use it, the room price does get you admission to the hotel gym, not the Spa, so beware. All in all their is no more luxury here then a stay at a Travellodge and an olympic breakfast at the Little Chef in the morning, that at least would be £200 cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa is a luxury 4 star spa hotel set in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. This highly commended hotel has been voted Hotel Spa of the Year by the British Beauty Awards and awarded Gold by the Green Business Tourism Scheme. With three restaurants, there is plenty to choose from - whether you prefer fine dining in our Cambium restaurant, a relaxed atmosphere in Blaireaus French Bistro or want to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in the Zen Garden Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst