“Hotel a bit shabby spa lovely”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hotels a bit shabby and out of date however the spa is lovely staff are polite, well presented and accommodating. Treatments are great and the Thai restaurant is fab would definitely come again maybe for a spa day and stay at home in my own room which is far nicer. I did get room service of two burgers and chips which was good priced, well presented and lovely!!! Had a great time only downside is the shabby rooms or at leased mine was...

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,531)

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We was booked for an over night stay as a 30th birthday treat. We had the 4 poster suite. The staff were so welcoming and very unpretentious. We used the spa, which was fantastic although treatments, a little over priced. We ate dinner at the manor restaurant, it was really nice and the waiting staff were so friendly and accommodating! The only downsides of our stay was, the room was a little warm at night and we couldn't regulate it. Also we couldn't get the wifi to work in our room, not that it mattered as we didn't need it. Overall we had an excellent stay and would come back!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have had many spa breaks at Careys Manor and senspa in Brokenhurst. What can I say, the staff, food, spa, treatments, hotel, facilities, rooms, cleanliness, atmosphere, environment... everything IS WONDERFUL! I always have a perfectly relaxing time at Careys Manor and senspa.

Room Tip: from experience, All the rooms are great
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently visited careys manor and I have mixed views but would I go again... Yes.

The room we had was £200 for the night, I must say I feel it was slightly overpriced however... I then realised that the price you pay isn't purely for the room. The facilities there were really impressive, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi as well as hydro therapy stuff which I was too tight to pay for ha :)

The staff there can not do enough for you, they were friendly... Not in a fake way either which I appreciated and extremely helpful.

I would go back again but I'd definitely try and get a better room for a better price.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

One night spa break at Careys Manor and SenSpa last weekend. The hotel is a little eccentric and has a mix old and new parts. The staff are excellent, quirky and clearly passionate about customer service. One of the managers insisted on taking our luggage from the car and then found a porter to take it up to our room. I was surprised by how good the food was. Our package included an authentic two course Thai lunch in the Zen Garden, a formal dinner in the manor restaurant and then breakfast before we left the next day. All were superb and very different experiences. The Spa is great, especially the hydrotherapy pool and experience showers and we both had excellent treatments (if a little pricey). The accommodation was good, large room, nice sliding door opens over the gardens, large bed. But standard of finish was not quite up to the price we paid and the toiletries provided could have been better (they're better in the spa showers!). Overall, an excellent retreat and we didn't even really explore the beautiful surrounding countryside. Would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a lovely weekend here over easter. Room was as expected, great size and reasonable quality, the bed was really comfortable. Food in both the Manor and Zen Garden restaurants is very good. Spa treatments are amazing and I would recommend booking in advance, I tried to book an extra treatment whilst I was there but unfortunately couldn't get one at a convenient time as they were too busy. Service in general in the hotel is ok but nothing to shout about.

Would I go back? Yes, it's a beautiful part of the country and we have a very relaxed stay here.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Lovely stay, warm and friendly staff, and the location was great,breakfast could of been better as iv stayed in similar hotels and breakfast is freshly cooked on hot plates ! But I would definitely stay again and recommend careys manor to family and friends

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jojoe73
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and very pleased to read your lovely comments about our staff who take a genuine interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable. I also really appreciate your recommendation to others and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.
With kind regards
Thomas & The Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!