“A Mix of Luxury with History”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We need to declare that this review was very much based around a late arrival, and a relatively early departure the next day.

After a small mixup surrounding the checkin time (an email asking for an early checkin must have been lost in the ether), we had a lovely light lunch at the hotel before heading off for a wedding.

The room (a "Four Poster Manor Room") was excellent. Plenty of storage space, modern facilities and a very large and well appointed bathroom. We would have happily stayed extra days, and in many respects, regretted not being able to sample more of the hotel's spa services on offer, and also to walk around the new forest from the excellent hotel location.

The highlight was the blend of modern luxury and comforts together with the grand architecture of the manor. Wood fires, antique furniture are mixed with modern touches that works.

Breakfast was a buffet and was nicely presented and prepared.

The staff were friendly and polite. There is ample parking at the rear of the hotel which has easy access to the rooms.

We stayed inside the main Manor house, and based on this alone, we'd highly recommend doing the same. It was a grand room, and very close to reception and the food service areas.

It's not a cheap experience to stay at Carey's Manor for such a regional location, although it won't disappoint.

Room Tip: We recommend one of the Manor rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I was very pleased to read that despite you only being able to make a fleeting visit you clearly enjoyed your stay and were really impressed by the facilities and services we provide. I was delighted to hear how much you appreciated the combination of stylish modern and original features and found the ambience both charming and comfortable. Thank you also for your kind recommendation to others. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon when you will have more time to experience our authentic Thai spa and indulge in some luxury pampering and relaxation. SenSpa has won multiple awards for offering world class facilities and treatments and I am confident you will find our Spa Breaks to be truly inspirational. It would also then enable you to enjoy some fabulous food with three delicious dining options to choose from as well as explore the beautiful New Forest.

There are newer reviews for Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed the night at Careys Manor which we thoroughly enjoyed. The staff were friendly and exceptionally attentive without being overly fussy. Food was superb, the room was very comfortable and clean. The only negative was that in the small hours of the morning we were kept awake by a generator which we think was coming from the spa (we were in room No. 30). However we would definitely recommend a stay here - but not next to the spa!

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided. Our Executive Chef will also be delighted to hear how impressed you were with the food since all dishes in our AA 2 rosette Manor Restaurant are designed by him personally with the aim of creating delicious traditional British dishes with a French influence. I will also pass on your kind praise towards the team who take a genuine interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable and that they have everything they need. I was, however, very concerned and sorry to hear that your night’s sleep was disrupted and I will be investigating this.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Just after Christmas 2013 our daughter got married at Careys Manor , there had been nearly 9months of planning and it certainly paid off. The day before the big day started with my husband and I delivering the wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and the bridal flowers , we were greeted by the wedding planner who reassured us that the items would be securely stored away until the bridal suite was ready. The big day arrived, the bridal suite, the function rooms, the food and all the staff were amazing, so friendly and attentive, such a fantastic day, we have rarely seen our daughter so happy, this was made possible by the man she was marrying and the excellent service provided by this hotel. Do it all over again? yes please, recommend the venue definitely! Thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest
I am absolutely thrilled to hear that your daughter’s wedding was a truly magical day. Thank you for choosing Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa as the venue and for allowing us the privilege to help make this very special occasion a day to remember. We always aim to deliver an impeccable service whatever the occasion so it’s really fantastic to hear that we exceeded all your expectations. I will be passing all your kind comments onto the staff who I know will be delighted to receive such high praise as they all take a genuine interest in our guests to ensure the special day is a huge success. Thank you also for your kind recommendation to others that Careys Manor Hotel is an outstanding wedding venue.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Had a great time again. Spa is superb always totally relaxed afterwards, fell cleansed and satisfyingly tired (in a nice way). Recently undergone a major operation so this is just what I needed. Had to change booking dates a couple of time because of surgery but Dawn reception manager was so helpful and understanding - thank you. Looking forward to our next visit. Moving to the mainland soon so will be easier to visit.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. As a regular and greatly valued guest to us your feedback is very important. How wonderful to hear that you had a superb time with us again at SenSpa and above all that it has helped with your recuperation following major surgery. SenSpa remains very committed to the wellbeing of our guests and aims to create a memorable experience leaving guests feeling relaxed, inspired and enlivened ~ the perfect tonic for anyone in need of spending some time in a calming and uplifting retreat. I was also so pleased to read your praise about Dawn’s helpfulness and understanding and I will be sharing your kind comments with her.
All the best with your impending move and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We booked a night at Carey's Manor as a treat for ourselves, I went with two friends and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived earlier than check in time so we could have lunch at La Blaireau before we made use of the spa, this was very good and the service was brilliant. We then checked in and the hotel room was very nice and clean. Once we made our way to the spa we enjoyed every single facility and went for our treatments, the lady who gave me my massage was quite simply fantastic, so friendly and did a brilliant job my friends said the same about theirs. Dinner at the manor restaurant was also lovely and the service again was brilliant, so attentive and polite. There were two problems but nothing that would put me off going again. The shower we had in our room after our treatments was Luke warm and we had booked a reservation for dinner which they didn't have so we waited longer than we should have to be seated but the staff were deeply apologetic offered us complimentary drinks and sent someone to sort the shower out straight away. I will be returning thank you for such a wonderful stay to everyone at Carey's Manor

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
I am thrilled you and your friends had a lovely stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. Thank you for taking time to share your comments and, in particular, for describing many of the hotel and spa’s qualities which made your stay so enjoyable. We aim to provide a friendly and helpful service and so really value all feedback as it helps us to keep improving our services and the facilities we provide.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed for only 1 night (but wished it could have been more) in this gorgeous hotel set right in the heart of the New Forest. Every aspect exceeded our expectations - the staff were super helpful, the food was to die for, the spa was beautiful and the room lovely. We would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to escape for a break to the country. Ideal for us a couple but I think that it would be a brilliant break for a group of friends too as there is plenty to do in the spa, gym and fitness studio.

Room Tip: We chose a garden room on the ground floor (number 80). It looked out onto a little courtyard and in...

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa following your recent stay. I am overjoyed to read that you had a fantastic time and that we exceeded all your expectations. I also really appreciate your recommendation to others. We are very proud to be one of the few UK hotels to provide such unique spa facilities whilst discreetly nestled in a four-star country house hotel offering 3 delicious dining options and in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. I will pass your kind praise onto the staff and very much hope to be welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

It's not often you come away from somewhere feeling "that was perfect" but our experience of Careys Manor and SenSpa was just that. All members of staff gave a consistently high standard of customer service and were courteous and friendly at all times. The hotel was lovely with a calm ambiance and the Spa was fantastic with excellent facilities. We were in room 61, which was spacious and nicely decorated. The room had a large double bed, sofa and table as well as the usual dressing table and chair and flat screen tv etc. The hydrotherapy area was wonderful with a large hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and 'experience showers' and everywhere was spotlessly clean. I asked for a Thai masseuse and had a Zen Fusion Massage - which was amazing! I didn't want it to stop. The relaxation area was also lovely and there was a separate quiet room if you wanted a snooze. We ate in the Zen Garden Restaurant for both lunch and dinner (because we love Thai food) and the food was absolutely delicious! A wonderful treat, which isn't cheap but worth every penny.

1  Thank Familyrowe

Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It’s extremely rewarding to hear when we have completely surpassed a guest’s expectations and impressed you with our facilities and service. I am delighted that you found your room attractively decorated, well furnished, equipped and spacious. Lovely to hear too, that you enjoyed the calm ambience of the hotel and spa as we do aim to create a cosy and relaxing, home from home experience. I am also thrilled that you visited our award winning spa and appreciated the unique facilities we provide and also experienced one of our unrivalled treatments which employ Thai and Oriental techniques. I will be passing your kind praise onto our very dedicated team of staff who genuinely enjoy taking an interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable, the food is delicious and our facilities are impeccable.
I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
Thomas & The Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!