Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
$174
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
$128
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
2,658 results
All reviewsthai restaurantzen gardenhydrotherapy poolcambium restaurantle blaireauspa facilitiesoakwood garden roomspa breaknew forestmud treatmentwonderful sparelaxation roomsteam room and saunamain restaurantafternoon teabirthday treatrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked this stay as a surprise for my wife for our first year wedding anniversary and our 4th time staying here.It started off well, I had arranged flowers which were in the room and we had been upgraded as it was our anniversary. On the second night we returned at 5 past midnight and went to the bar to get a last drink.We asked the barman who was in the middle of closing up if it was shut or if we could have a drink and the reply was I suppose so and we could tell he was frustrated. While he was trying to unlock the cupboard he got anoyed stood up and through the keys across the bar in anger and stormed off to get another set.He continued to slam the receipt on the bar and we left feeling shocked and annoyed and decided we would complain in the morning. Breakfast time came and it was delivered to the room without any cutlery and uncooked poached eggs.I chose this hotel over the one we got married in because we love it so much but at this point we were very upset.As we checked out I asked to speak to the manager who I must say was very nice and he was mortified by what I informed him and he told me that the bar was 24 hour anyway....so why did we get that treatment? ? I had taken a picture of ths poached eggs but he assured me that was normal but I must say the picture made them look better and I later showed the eggs to our friends and they felt sick to look at them.Maybe we were just unlucky but to pay £430 for 2 nights I dont expect that.All in all we still love it and we probably wont be able to keep away and hopefully next time it will be the service we are used to.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank stuck25
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed one night as we wanted to cycle in the New Forest and we were absolutely amazed at the value package. We dealt directly with the hotel and they had a £5 Friday deal which included dinner in Zen, Thai food to the value of £40 per head.Our night out including a superb dinner, drinks and Bed and Breakfast was £219..... And the breakfast was also first class. Room well appointed and a bottle of Sparkles on ice in our room, gratis!!! We also tried the health spa, gym and steam room, swimming pool also included. Hotels of this calibre are fighting back to regain lost custom to the new breed of "boutique" guest house! Only complaint no draught beer of any kind, only bottles in a hotel!!!!!Would definately stay again, centrally located in Brockenhurst and close to all forest trails.

Room Tip: Ask to stay closer to the old house.Room 60 furthest from the main house and quite a walk through so many fire doors!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went for afternoon tea with two friends and we were met by helpful and friendly staff. We enjoyed unlimited hot chocolate, coffee and tea as well as a lovely selection of cakes and sandwiches that were delicious! A fantastic offer on the afternoon tea for just £12.55 that I would thoroughly recommend and would love to go again! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My boyfriend booked this for my birthday and valentines day, we stayed for 3 nights in July and had a wonderful time.
The room was lovely clean and newly decorated, spa was amazing and the food and service is amazing and nothing too much trouble for the staff.
Would def go again.

Room Tip: Definitely pay for the hydro spa as an extra its really worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was our fifth stay at Careys Manor and we now refer to it as 'our' hotel. It is the best hotel we have stayed in in the UK and by a fair margin. The hotel is not cheap but the adage of you get what you pay for is so true here. A basic room on B&B can be bought for around £140 but as well as breakfast, you get use of a decent pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Paying upwards of £25 each you can then get access to the wonderful SenSpa experience - a large hydrotherapy pool, sensation showers, relaxation rooms and more. The basic price gives you 4 hours of use and this can be increased to cover your stay. Personally, four hours is a little too long, but that is maybe as we have been a few times. There are three restaurants but we always use the French style La Blaireau (on site) where the food and atmosphere have always been first class.
Breakfast is the best we have had - fresh New Forest produce, crisp and clean linen tablecloths and polite and attentive staff. I really don't think we can fault this hotel. Thomas and his team make you feel so welcome (small box of chocs and personal message from Thomas ( general manager) in our room last stay) and the atmosphere, classy without being overbearingly formal just encourages you back. Looking forward to November when the luxury treat savings jar is full and we can head for room 19 again.

Room Tip: We have found room 19, a superior room directly opposite the spa entrance, the best we have stayed in. Rooms in the manor house can be noisy if weddings are taking place with some dated furniture.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple