I was taken to Careys Manor for a relaxing weekend break in May 2013. Generally I think the hotel is lovely, the staff were very helpful and the welcome at the reception is excellent. The reception area and the staircase are beautiful. The room was lovely with large windows opening on to beautiful gardens. I had taken some snacks and wine expecting there to be a mini bar that I could put them in and was genuinely amazed that there wasn't. I asked for a wine cooler and lots of ice which was very quickly produced, and chilled the wine and the snacks in it. Dressing for dinner I discovered that there was no full length mirror and that the light was so low in the room even with all the lights on!!! The meal in the restaurant was superb, I notice that others have mentioned the pianist and the small portions, personally I enjoyed both. My complaint re the food is somewhat different to other reviews in that I thought the breakfast was terrible. For the standard of hotel and restaurant I was shocked to see mass produced eggs sitting in a food heater turning to little bullets of rubber. It is possible to have a freshly cooked breakfast in a large hotel..I know as I have experienced it many times. On the nights I stayed there was a wedding on the each night. Although I could hear the music and celebrations they were not disruptive but on the sunday night after the party had ended there were up to 3 different voices all having a very loud conversation or even an arguement, this went on for a couple of hours. Surely something should have been done about it?
I do feel that calling it a Manor Hotel is somewhat misleading as the only thing reminiscent of staying in a Manor House is the reception area. Sorry to say as I was expecting to be able to write a great review. I would suggest a new approach to breakfast, update the restaurant so that it doesn't look like a conference room and update the bedrooms. Come on....even premier inns have full length mirrors!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in The Telegraph's Best Hotels in Hampshire. Blending just the right fusion of relaxed informality and stylish refinement, a break at Careys Manor Hotel will make you feel wonderfully pampered. Nestled between the New Forest National Park, Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa provides the perfect base for grown up getaways to escape and discover. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award winning SenSpa, 3 onsite restaurants and 4 star award winning service, create extraordinary memories at Careys Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park Hampshire
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst