“Wonderful, relaxing break”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Carey's Manor for a birthday treat and had a lovely night away. The hotel spa is wonderful. The food we had in the restaurant was also excellent. My only quibble would be with the room itself. Whilst spacious and pleasant enough it was nothing special. We have had much nicer rooms at lower prices elsewhere. However, for the level of service and the overall experience I still think it's worth a visit and we certainly hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2013
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for posting such a complimentary review of your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing break again soon.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,531)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for somewhere special to spend her birthday, and Carey's Manor definitely didn't disappoint. Our room was lovely, the pool was a nice place to relax and Brockenhurst is a good base for further exploration into the New Forest. 100% recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the garden at the rear of the hotel and found it very pleasant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

A delightful review to read! I am thrilled you both enjoyed your stay to celebrate your partner’s birthday, and I look forward to welcoming you both back again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful, relaxing 3-day spa break at Careys the weekend of my birthday. The break included breakfast, lunch and dinner and full access to the Hydrotherapy area which is a fantastic area and gives one a sense peace and calm. In another part of the special area are the quiet rooms. One you have comfy chairs to stretch out in to read or snooze. The other has lounging couches where you can just chill out. The treatments are amazing. I had the Hot Stone massage and went to heaven. All the therapists are trained in the Thai method. Although these ladies are small, they can really pack a punch as they get into the muscles. My husband had a Made for You massage that he really enjoyed. All of the different restaurants in the hotel, there are 3, are fantastic and the service is very good. We can't wait to get back to Careys for another spa break. You can really loose yourself in the pampering and spoiling that is so much a part of the feel at Careys.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review following your stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay, particularly your authentic Thai treatments. I look forward to welcoming you back again for another relaxing break.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just been to Careys Manor for a romantic weekend with my partner. Considering the reviews I had read and the price I had paid, I was disappointed on arrival. The pic you see on their website the front of the manor is the original house, an extension has clearly been added and is not in keeping. The room was average and we have stayed in nicer, larger rooms for much less. The interior decor generally needs updating. The staff were polite and helpful, the spa facilities were nice and the food was good. Feel careys is overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your candid feedback following your stay with us. I apologise you felt that the picture of the front of the hotel on our website is misleading, as that is not our intention.
We are in the process of looking into and updating various areas of the hotel, therefore I appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this process, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Careys Manor in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very impressive Hotel when you drive up to the entrance, and indeed a lovely hotel inside. We unfortunately had to change room as I had booked us a four poster bedroom and once in this room I found it dark and dingy and the window outlook was not good, right onto the roof and air con units, no view at all. Having said that we just happened to mention this to the wonderful receptionist and she had us moved to a far better room. The staff were absolutely marvelous could not do enough for you.
The breakfast was not to my liking, don't get me wrong I love a cooked breakfast but the food seemed to have been lying in the metal containers for a long time. We normally come down to breakfast at around quarter to ten, and I know they stop serving at 10, but I still expect the freshest of food to be served to me. Also the lovely baguette type loaf only ever had the very end left when I got there. Every day I asked "do you have any more" and the answer was always no. I would be tempted next time to go out for breakfast.
I rate this hotel as very good because it was. I would certainly recommend it. We never tried the pool or spa area although it looked very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I was saddened to learn that you were disappointed with your initial room on arrival, however am comforted that you were offered an alternative room swiftly. Your feedback towards the Reception team is greatly appreciated and I will ensure they are commended for their continual high levels of guest care.
I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast service you experienced. I do hope this didn’t mar the overall enjoyment of your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just spent two nights at Careys Manor & SenSpa for our 10th wedding anniversary and left feeling relaxed and refreshed. Particularly impressed with service from staff, quality of room and SenSpa facilities. We got upgraded to an Oakwood room which was spacious and the bed was massive and possibly the best hotel bed we have ever slept in. We paid the extra £25 each to use the Senspa and whilst it would have been nicer if it had been included in the cost of the stay it was a worthwhile experience. It just offers more options then the standard pool, sauna and jacuzzi experience and was a relaxing and different way to spend four hours. As with nearly all AA rosette restaurants the food was mostly impressive although like all hotels these days they do like to surcharge, adding on £6.50 for char grilled sirloin steak !! I guess it does not make much difference when you are spending £268 per night for a dinner, bed and breakfast deal but just grates me as unnecessary. Still overall the minor niggles are just that and if you are looking for a top end spa experience as a special treat then this place ticks the box.

1  Thank Mike A

Your review was a delight to read, and I thank you for your complimentary feedback towards the hotel, SenSpa and the team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Really enjoyed a short break at Careys Manor Hotel and SenSpa in March 2013. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent; we loved the spa, pools, sauna, steam room, accommodation and food. Nothing negative to report - I would recommend the hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: The garden rooms were lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a complimentary review of your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed yourselves, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!