Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
$174
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Restaurant
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
2,658 results
All reviewsthai restaurantzen gardenhydrotherapy poolcambium restaurantle blaireauspa facilitiesoakwood garden roomspa breaknew forestmud treatmentwonderful sparelaxation roomsteam room and saunamain restaurantafternoon teabirthday treatrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

we stayed last night for our wedding anniversary. on first impressions, the outside of the hotel reminded me of a motel. I was slightly worried that I had made a mistake with my research as I thought the whole hotel would look like a manor. however, it seems that only the front is like this. we were taken to our room by a very helpful man who told us all about the history of the new forest. the corridors were dated apart from the entrance to the sen spa. the whole hotel should be kitted out like that in my opinion.
our room was lovely and spacious with a sofa. it was at the rear of the hotel so very near to the sen spa entrance. we used the spa and quickly decided to upgrade as the free facilities lacked ambience and tranquility. the sen spa facilities were great especially the hydrotherapy pool and experience showers. I had a facial massage which was enjoyable but I have had better elsewhere.
the evening meal in the parisen restaurant le blaireau was amazing. best three course meal I have had in a while. I recommend the lamb ! my husbands steak was huge. service was brilliant too.
comfy bed, breakfast was delivered to our room. I had poached eggs which were lovely. overall, the stay was pleasant, the spa was lovely if you upgrade, the hotel needs updating in places but for a 1 night stay in a spacious room like the oakwood, its a great getaway.

1  Thank musicqueenLondon
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed you stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. Your kind feedback towards the team, and your dining experience in Le Blaireau Bistro & Bar is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed on a Monday night on a DB&B break for my husbands birthday. We checked in to an Knightwood Garden Room. It hadn't been cleaned properly at all. Stray hairs on a chair. Bathroom floor hadn't been cleaned and the basin was chipped. Everything covered in dust. We rang reception immediately to complain. No problem within 5 minutes we had been upgraded to an Oakwood Road, which was lovely and given a complimentary bottle of Champagne as an apology. I was very impressed how this was dealt with.
After this our stay was perfect. Lunch in Blaireau French Bistro was delicious, and Dinner in the evening was excellent. Great selection for Breakfast. Couldn't fault the food.
Spa was very relaxing. Especially loved how the pool was gentle on your skin and eyes. Didn't seem to be strongly chlorinated.
Staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. Would say some rooms could do with a make over, as they are looking a bit tired. Otherwise we had a very relaxing time and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Book a higher Grade room if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I was alarmed to learn that the bedroom you initially checked into was not serviced to our normal high standard, but am comforted knowing that the Duty Manager looked after you and moved you to a more appropriate bedroom.

I am pleased you enjoyed the remainder of your stay, making full use of the facilites the hotel has to offer, from SenSpa to Le Blaireau Bistro & Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed careys manor on Sunday night as a treat after a very busy time and a need to relax its was certainly relaxing but the food was disappointing after the main course in the 2 ,,AA rosette restaurant the manor I had 2 deserts as was hungry there were 4 mouthfuls of meat a small dauphinoise potato and very little else tasty but not sufficent and certainly not good value . We paid ,,£25.00 to go in the hydrotherapy pool but discovered the code was irrelevant as the door was open the numbers were not limited and it was a conveyor belt of people queing to get in each sauna or shower not relaxing all ! However excellent service on reception and the cocktail bar did redeem some offer issues would definitely stay again however the rooms are overpriced and it would have. To be a good deal .

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I was concerned to read your feedback regarding dinner in our Manor Restaurant, feedback quite adverse to the praise we normally receive. I apologise that the portion sizes did not meet your expectations, and I will be sharing your feedback wth our Executive Chef.

Regarding your experience in the Hydrotherapy area of SenSpa, I have shared your feeback with our SenSpa Director so that we can make any necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed with my sister, and we had access to the private spa facilities which were great. Robes and slippers were provided and the place was all clean which was really important for us. Food in the evening was lovely and there was a really good selection for breakfast too.

Room was a great size and it seemed like they all had access to the garden or balconettes. Beds were really comfortable, the usual refreshments all included.

Only pitfall really is cost - especially if you want treatments, and be sure to use their quick check out as opposed to going to reception in the morning as it can be really busy.

Service was great though and I couldn't really fault them on anything. Great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, indulging in the Award Winning facilities SenSpa has on offer.

I look forward to welcoming both you and your sister back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel was poor for the price, certainly not worth the cost. Swimming pool and spa facilities average if you don't pay extra to upgrade to the hydrotherapy facilities (senspa). And even then I was surprised at the lack of facilities on offer. Simple showers in the hydrotherapy area would be nice. Windows in pool area dirty. Sauna and steam room in pool area are minute and dated!

Certain parts of the hotel were shabby. It's a lovely country manor hotel just wished the rest of the hotel matched the feel of the old country manor house (that being where the reception is located etc). Our room was shabby, wardrobes tatty and didn't close properly. Toilet extremely hard to flush. No in-room entertainment. There was a tv with freeview but that's about it. Pay for view movies would've been a nice addition or movie channels perhaps.

The senspa was ok but I wouldn't rate it as a luxury spa at all, average I would say. The relaxation rooms are nice though, probably the best bit along with the hydrotherapy pool.

Manor restaurant for dinner was lovely but then that is expected for the price. Breakfast was good on the first day and dire on the second. I ordered poached eggs and they were hard :-( second round were slightly better but still on the hard side. That's the first time I've ever seen that in a food establishment ever!

All in all average and not worth paying full price :-(

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oakwood garden room, it was ok but not a £200 a night room by any means!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay, your feedback being quite adverse to the praise we normally enjoy.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future, confidant we could restore lost faith.